~Drunk~

Drunkards

~Drunkards~



Gu JunPyo stood rooted to the spot, mouth wide open, staring straight ahead, not entirely comprehending or believing what he thought he was seeing.


Party rock is in the house tonight
Everybody just have a good time
And we gonna make you lose your mind
We just wanna see ya
Shake that!
Every day I’ shufflin’
Shufflin shufflin
Shufflin shufflin



“Shuffle!”
“Whooo!”
“Yeah! Shake that!”

Gu JunPyo blinked several times, his eyes darting between the two grown persons before him, both shuffling and dancing their hearts out. Music from the floor-to-ceiling speakers blasted out the addicting song, along with shouts and laughter from the two persons before the screen, waving their arms around and actually doing something that resembled a shuffle somewhat. As the music bounced off the walls,
JunPyo changed his focus from the two attention-capturing people to the single lady seated on a sofa to his left.

Chu GaEul sighed and shook her head, looking somewhat bored and embarrassed.

“Oppan Gangnam Style!”
“Whoop! Uh! Uh! Uh!”

GaEul did a face palm.

“Horse dance!”
“Whoa, sunbae-nim, you have the moves!”

GaEul looked up and finally noticed Gu JunPyo. She gave small wave and a lazy smirk, her face reflecting a mixture of incredulity and resignation. JunPyo greeted her back as she pointed to twelve empty cans of beer lying haphazardly on the small table before her, indicating the source of all the crazies. JunPyo rolled his eyes and went to sit beside her.

“Hey JanDi, don’t bump into me!”
“I did not, you bumped into me!”
“Ha! You’re drunk!”
“No, I’m not!”

The great ShinHwa heir sighed, and cupped his face in one hand, resting his arm along the back of the sofa. He heard his best friend’s wife let out a small amused laugh beside him.

“GaEul-ssi, how long have they been at it?” he asked.

“Almost 2 hours now, oppa,” GaEul replied in a monotone.

“2 HOURS?” JunPyo all but shouted as he whipped around to look at her to make sure she was not kidding then glared at the woman clumsily dancing before him. “Yah, this woman really!”

“Your best friend there has been at it for almost 2 and a half now,” GaEul added.

“Are you serious? Wah, this SoYiJeong, AISH!”



Areumdawo sarangseureowo
Keurae neo hey keurae baro neo hey
Chigeumbu-teo kal dekkaji kabol-kka
Oppan gang-nam seutayil
Gang-nam seutayil
Oppan gang-nam seutayil
Kang-nam seutayil
Oppan gang-nam seutayil
Eh- y lady
Oppan gang-nam seutayil
Eh- y lady
O-oo-o



“Well at least JaeKyung unni’s not here. You should have seen her. She was all raving mad, singing, rapping and cursing up a storm. WooBin oppa took her home already…” GaEul lazily pointed at the two drunks now attempting a body wave. “Actually Woobin oppa was also drunk, but they were getting too noisy so I threw them both in his car with his chauffer and now they’re both headed towards his home, haha.”

JunPyo raised an eyebrow at GaEul.

“Both?” he repeated. “You mean you sent two drunk singles together? You sent the Monkey to the Don Juan?”

“Eh hey,” GaEul scoffed. “It’s not as if they haven’t spent nights together before. They need a little push. If you get a wedding invitation from them sometime soon in the future, remember to thank me.”

JunPyo raised his eyebrows even more.

“GaEul, are you drunk?” he asked.

“NO! I only drank one can of beer,” GaEul retorted.

“Uh huh…”

Lightweight, JunPyo thought.

“JunPyo ssi, why are you looking at me like that?”

“I’m not looking at you like anything. Hey, I’m just gonna grab JanDi and go now. Can you handle that guy by yourself?” JunPyo asked, pointing a thumb at the acclaimed potter, now completely inebriated.

“YiJeong-ie? Sure,” GaEul smiled. “Ah, just take that noisy best friend away.”

“Ookay…” JunPyo replied, uncertain. He got up and tapped his wife on the shoulder, attaining her somewhat fuzzy attention.

“Oh! It’s my husband!” JanDi giggled. “Husband!” She called out and attempted to hug him, losing her balance completely along the way.

“Yah! JanDi-baht (grasslawn), seriously?” JunPyo barked as he caught her. She let out a stream of even louder giggles.

“Oh! JunPyo yah!” YiJeong called out and smiled at his best friend cheesily. He tried to pat JunPyo’s shoulder’s only to end up slapping it instead.

“Yah, you crazy dog,” JunPyo sniped, and slapped his hand away.

YiJeong pouted, affronted.

“Please, just go up and sleep,” the multi-millionaire advised his childhood friend, while giving him a proper pat on the shoulder. “GaEul, I’m going to go first, see you.”

The kindergarten teacher waved the ShinHwa heir goodbye as he lifted her best friend over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes, mumbling and grumbling all the way.


GaEul turned the television off and attempted to pull her husband who was slumped over the coffee table to standing position so that she could bring him to their room.

“GaEul!” he called, in a saccharine sweet voice. He attempted to kiss her on the lips, only to miss her head completely and instead fell into her arms.

She wrapped her arms around him, and once again tried to pull him up, to no avail.

“I love you, GaEul-ie!” So YiJeong declared.

“Yes, yes, I love you too,” GaEul replied absentmindedly. “So Yijeong, will you get up?”

“No!” he rebelled. He then threw himself against her, pinning her onto the soft carpet beneath them.

“Hey you fat, heavy drunkard! Awh! The smell!” GaEul protested, trying to push him off her.

“Happy birthday GaEul,” he mumbled against her chest.

“Huh, you seemed to enjoy it more,” GaEul scoffed.

She was answered by a soft rumble of deep heavy breaths and she sighed to no one in particular, resigned to sleeping on the ground tonight. Lovingly, she patted his head and ran her fingers through his hair. She finally pushed him off and snuggled against him as he instinctively wrapped his arms around her in the end.