Chapter one

Found My Happiness

 

~ Chapter One ~

 

 

I tucked my hair behind my ear as I gathered my scattered books laying on the floor. As usual, everyone in the hallway began laughing at how lame and stupid I looked. Calling me fat, ugly, , disgusting, nerdy, lame, , , and some other things I won't name. I could feel my throat getting sore and the tears blurring my site, but I did not look up at the crowd and passer by's. I was too ashamed of myself. I was too ashamed of who I was. Who I am.

 

This happened every day, bullying seemed just like another part of life. Another thing I dreaded about school. It was a routine. I walked alone in the halls, I sat alone in class, I ate alone at lunch and I did projects alone when assigned. I did not talk to anyone, and no one talked to me. I never looked into anyone's eyes, while every one stared at me. I was the weakling, the wuss. I was the low beyond low. Right at the rock bottom of the food chain.

 

If anything, I would just love to end everything. End my life and all this suffering. My parents wouldn't care. All they ever cared about was getting to work on time. I was nothing to them, I never was, never will. I was the mistake, the surprise. I was the nuisance. I wasn't wanted.

 

Not even the kids at school accepted me. No matter how hard I tried, not one soul would smile at me, not one person would wave and say a simple hello. I was the outcast. The loser. No one wanted to hang out with me. I was an image breaker. Being seen with me meant you were bumped down to my level.

 

There is nothing in the world that makes me happy. I feel like crap in the morning, noon, evening, at night just like a circle, always replaying, day by day. If I could, I would ball my eyes out, scream and yell and shout. During my life, I had gathered all my sorrow and pain inside my heart. I kept telling myself it was never going to get better, nothing was ever going to change. Soon enough, my physical appearance began to reflect what I felt within. I stopped eating a while ago and lost a tone of weight, but then people began paying extra attention to me and the bullying became more severe. So I started eating. A lot.

 

Now I'm fat. I don't care about how I look anymore, since no one is ever going to acknowledge me. I always had my hair up in a pony tail to keep my bangs out of my eyes. Apparently, people have been thinking it was funny to start yanking at it. It hurts like hell and I feel like crying whenever people start laughing. I tie it in a tight bun now so the chances of it being pulled are minimal.

 

I was wrong though. Some guy had grabbed my hair in his fist, pulling it harshly, allowing me to take an excruciating painful fall to the ground. I was so relieved that I started wearing pants instead of the skirts the school had offered as a uniform choice, or else I would have just committed suicide already.

 

Here I am, picking up my supplies as a hand full of devils walk by and laugh at me, as if I'm some pig. Which I probably am considering how disgusting I've become. But I guess it doesn't matter since I'm not trying to impress anybody. I couldn't give a crap about those retarded Kingkas. They can go walk up and down these halls like flowerboys for all I care. I don't give a damn. I never will.

 

Life hurts, they have no idea. I cry myself to sleep every night hoping that one day, tomorrow won't come. I study my off making sure that I don't fail anything, because an extra year in this hell hole is not on my list.

 

I need to hold my breath as I get up and lamely walk to my next class. If I don't, I know I'll start crying. I know I'll make a bigger fool of myself. The more steps I take, the longer the hall seems. I feel the ground engulfing my soul, slowing calling me down, slowly telling me there's a way to end this, a way to finish myself off. I don't understand, but those whispers I hear are soothing, I don't want them to stop. If they do, then where's my escape?

 

“Hey,” I hear someone chuckle as I walk into class. I don't look up, I just ignore them as I make my way to my favorite spot, all the way in the back corner where no one can see me. My breath quickens as my safe haven lies before me. A small smile tugs at my lips noticing that no one has sat around that area. Finally, a place where I can feel human.

 

I stop. My invisible smile vanishes. My breathing cuts as my hands begin to sweat. “I was talking to you before,” the person says while taking my seat. I can feel my veins flow in annoyance as he crosses his leg. He's one of them, one of those revolting flowerboys. He smirks. My heart instantly sinks to my stomach. I had seen him around school a couple times. Always around the same group of guys being all cocky and stuck up. They don't give a damn about anything. I glare at the floor as I back track and decide to sit in the front. I can tell he isn't fond with my choice. I don't care though. I don't like people like him, they just step on you like you're some piece of crap. I tried to avoid him with all my might as I approached the other desk, sliding the chair from under the table. I was about to sit down when he slammed himself down in that exact spot. My heart beat cried in fear as he stared up at me. I hated the way people looked at me, it's as if they judged my every move.

 

“Excuse me,” I muttered, my voice low and unwelcome. He gave me this look and I just wanted to scream at how much I hated it. It made me feel like some peasant having no right to speak, or to do anything for that matter. He folded his arms then stood up from the seat.

 

“I was just saying hi,” he mumbled, watching me hastily sit down and place my books on the furthest corner of my desk. Folding my hands on my lap, I waited for him to leave me alone. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like that was happening. The boy lazily sat in the spot beside mine and just...stared at me. I wasn't sure if he was making fun of me or just plain weird. I glanced around the room to see if any of his buddies were lingering, but no. I didn't recognize anyone he would personally know.

 

Maybe one of his friends dared him to talk to me? Was there some sort of diabolical plan that he had organized with his companions to humiliate me and cause this unending hell to drown itself deeper within my soul?

 

I turned my head slightly. I was able to see him from the corner of my eye and honestly, I didn't know what he was thinking. I couldn't say for certain that he was mocking me in any way, if he was, he was pretty good at hiding it, because I've experienced a lot of it and I knew when it was coming my way or not. But him. I didn't know. Was there something on my face or something? I awkwardly wiped both of my chubby cheeks with my hand, just to be safe. I could hear him chuckle. I swallowed my self-cautiousness and let out a shaky breath as bitter memories flooded my mind.

 

I hated it when people laughed at me. It made me feel like I was doing something wrong while looking stupid. Very stupid. I gazed down at my conjoined fingers, starting to play with them to get my mind of the Kingka beside me. It went on like this for probably another five minutes or so before he cleared his throat and stretched out his hand to me. I flinched, squeezing my eyes shut as I waited for a slap or something.

 

Strangely enough, his hand remained in a shaking position. I relaxed my body slightly, looking to his hand, down his arm, up his neck, then to his innocent smile. “My name's Heechul,” he told me in a calm voice. I stared at him with the most baffled expression. Had he just- no. That was impossible. Did he just tell me his name? Was he being kind to me? What? Why? How? Was this a prank? If I shook his hand would he psych it and laugh his off like a douche? Maybe he had a buzzer on his palm and if I touched it, it would tazer me. Even worse, maybe he was some sort of evil alien sent from outer space to come and transform me into some hideous beast.

 

I was brutally pulled out of my thinking when I felt something pull my hand, shaking it up and down. Narrowing my brows, I gazed down at my hand, being held, by Heechul. And of course, since I'm the biggest loser of the planet I panicked and zipped my hand away. The boy gave me a sad smile as he rested his arm over his chair. “Sunyung, am I right?” he asked. He knew my name? How? I nodded, nevertheless. “I've seen you around,” he continued. My heart sort of jumped and I started feeling my cheeks heat up. I wanted to slap the feeling away, because, what would be the point in falling for Heechul? I know I do not, and will not, have a chance with him. I mean, seriously. Just look at me. Heechul laughed due to the silence, scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment. I eyed him skeptically. He was acting a little strange. It was making me nervous just being around him.

 

Suddenly, his face became completely red. He looked me straight in the eye, it was hard to keep the contact because the look he was sending just made me want to crawl in a hole and melt. Letting out a breath, he spoke, “I-um,” he stuttered, quickly clearing his throat, “I was wondering if you were free Friday night.” My eyes grew wide in shock. He couldn't be serious. This must have been a joke. Why in the world would a guy like him, ask a girl like me, on a dat- holy crap. He just asked me on a date. My mouth opened to answer, but nothing came out. I was literally speechless. After all these years of being ignored and pushed aside. Heechul, THE Heechul, one of the guys at the tippy top of the castle, asked me out? “If you don't want to,” Heechul mumbled, “you don't have to.”

 

“No, wait,” I replied, trying to process what he asked me, “are you serious?” I inquired. The boy nodded his head, his face glowing more red. “But...why?” I asked, that depressing feeling lingering within my mind. He couldn't' be for real, this must all be some big prank. He's probably planning something with his friends or something. I'm not one of those pretty girls.

 

“Why what?” he pondered taking a peek at my face.

 

“Why are you asking me,” I continued, “out of all these girls?” Heechul lowered his head, I could see his ears shading pink. But why? WHY? He couldn't possibly be attracted to me. That was clearly impossible.

 

“I...I don't know,” he stammered, “you're special.” Before I could even think about it, he continued, “I mean, since you came to this school, no one really talked to you and started bullying you. I guess I really wanted to say something, but whenever I'd be watching you, I always got shy and couldn't find the courage to do so...” his eyes widened a moment later, a huge blush spreading across his face, “it's not like I follow you around or anything! I j-just ended up being around you a lot and, a-and...um...” I had no idea someone could trip over his words as much as he did. At that moment, I didn't really care if it was a prank or not, because the way his eyes cried sincerity and trust...

 

“Sure,” I agreed with a shy smile.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My first oneshot! woo~

This is just something random that poped in my head.

-LonDon323