Preview

Breathe

 

(>~-~)>

 

Some would most likely think that I looked either drunk or crazy as I walked silently through the rain of sakura petals, the street lamps giving off a dim light that repelled the darkness, and the radiance of the moon shining with the night sky. I don’t think it’s normal for a twenty… something… lady to be walking around so late at night---Especially in a park where the word ‘lovers’ is usually associated with.

 

I walked slowly… Ignoring the silhouette of bodies that was being hidden by the night and the sounds of rough breathing coming from the dark. I tried to keep my distance from the bushes and walked in the middle of the pathway.

 

Aigoo... these fellas sure are… ‘energetic’.

 

My hands grabbed my purse’s handle tighter. Kept it right in front of me just in case someone tries to come out and jump at me, I can smack him or her with it using both of my hands. Although, right now… I don’t think I look as scary as I’m trying to be… Haha…

 

Laughing at myself inside my head… Definitely not cool. While I am talking to myself in my head... Ah whatever, I’m sure everyone does it!

 

I’m glad I did not wear my high heels today! Whoo! I looked up at the night sky and thanked whatever fashion god was guiding me early this morning when I chose my outfit.

 

When I lowered my gaze I noticed that the lamps got a bit brighter, although still darker than normal, I can now see more of the park.

 

I expected some beer cans and plastic bags to be lying around on the ground but the place was actually clean. I scoffed. Well, they wouldn’t want people to be banned from coming here after hours now would they?

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

I turned my attention to the man that was walking in front of me. He stopped and slightly turned his body sideways to look at me. If I didn’t have any self control, I would’ve jumped him and dragged him towards the bushes already… But I’m too old… err too mature for that.

 

I’m so glad his hoodie was covering his head and his cap was hiding most of his face… Ah, I wouldn’t want him to see me drooling a lake in a park. I stopped just beside him as he tucked his hands in his pockets.

 

“Well?”

 

“Nothing.” I stuck out my tongue at him and started walking again, leaving him standing on that spot looking all cool.

 

“You’re weird.”

 

I whirled around to argue but he continued and said, “Yea yea, I already know that you know you’re weird. Just saying my thoughts out loud.” I closed my mouth and gave him an angry look.

 

I decided to ignore and erase that comment.

 

“Haaaa…” I let out a sigh. “Why didn’t we just take the normal street to my apartment?” I emphasized on the normal part.

 

“Because I am me.”

 

As weird as his answer was incomplete, I actually understood what he meant. His rich… behind cannot be seen walking around so late at night and with a questionably… older girl in a very questionable place. “You should’ve just gone home on your own, I can walk by myself. I’m not drunk and I know where I live. Go shoo.” I shooed him away with my hand and started walking away from him.

 

“Can’t.” He strode past me with his long legs and only slowed down once he was content with his distance from me.

 

I can see the lights of the busy street. We were getting closer to the end of the park. The two dragon statues that were connected to the gates of the park looked so ominous with its shadow dancing with the darkness and the far lights from the busy street.

 

“Baby Tokki might cry and Youngbae---“

 

My feet stopped. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t hear anything more of what he was saying. Those words echoing in my head. Where have I heard that before? It seems so familiar. I haven’t known him that long to forget anything that he might have said or to even have particular memories with him.

 

He was getting further and further.

 

--Baby Tokki might cry--

 

I blinked. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and my hand was outstretched as if reaching for his back. I looked at my hands as I clenched them and looked up at his retreating figure.

 

Snapshots of what seemed to be my memories flooded back to me. It felt like a wave washing throughout my body. A wave that I wished would’ve taken me far far away from this place… from this moment… from this man.

 

I felt more tears coming.

 

The need to cry and sob and quiver and scream came all at the same time. My body was shaking. I felt dizzy and instantly moved one of my feet backwards to stop myself from falling.

 

“Kwon Jiyong.”

 

Then, he did something I wish he never had done. He stopped and turned around.

 

 

<(~-~<)