Tutor me!

Love Story

 

MyungSoo stops at the door looking into the shoe closet. YuNi was putting on her shoes.
 
He walks into the room and stood by the door. "Remember to stay at least five to ten feet away from me."
 
YuNi looks at MyungSoo annoyed. "I know and I will. Don't forget your lunch today either. I won't bring it if you forget."
 
MyungSoo looks in his bag. "It's here. Lock up before you come. Mom and dad are in their work mode, they won't be up here for at least another week unless their supply of food and coffee runs out."
 
YuNi stands up. "Got it, you can leave now or I'll be late and be force to walk with you."
 
Without another word MyungSoo left. YuNi walks over to the kitchen and made sure everything was turned off and lock. YuNi opens the door to her parents work room. It was dark and smelled of coffee and microwave food. She went down the stairs into the room.
 
"We're leaving." YuNi informs them.
 
Umma turns around from her computer. "Have a good day at school."
 
"Should I make you guys’ dinner later? I'm sure you guys are tired of ramen and microwave foods."
 
"Real food?" Appa turns to YuNi. "I knew the marriage was a good idea. You're a great girl YuNi."
 
"Thanks, at least you guys think I am great and useful."
 
"MyungSoo will come around honey, just give him time."
 
YuNi pouts if only they knew he has a still have a girlfriend even after marrying her. She knew she couldn't force MyungSoo to like her but she wish he stop seeing Suzy and gave them a chance. He hated her the day they met. Her parents didn't bother to ask if she wanted to stay in Korea they just signed over the papers to MyungSoo's parents stating that they agreed to the marriage. Her parents left out of the country and she hasn’t heard from them since. Last she heard from MyungSoo's parents they were in Africa.
 
----
 
Jana sat next to YuNi and pulls out her lunch bento. She looks over at YuNi's lunch. The box was filled with fried rice, mix steam vegetables and a pork patty on the side. 
 
"Looks yummy, did you make it?" Jana asks.
 
"Yeah, it's easy to make. I can teach you." 
 
"Yeah right, YuNi for as long as I know you I never been to your house nor have you come to mine. Your parents have always been strict. You can't go anywhere."
 
"I guess. They are just overprotective."
 
Jana turns her attention to MyungSoo and sighs. "I don't blame you for crushing on him. He's one handsome guy."
 
YuNi looks over at him and turn back to her food. Yeah she had a big crush on him like every girl in the school and like the rest he was not interested. The only girl MyungSoo seems to pay attention too was Suzy, they have been going off and on for almost a year. The last time they broke up was before he got married to YuNi. 
 
YuNi poke her spoon into her fried rice and stir it around. MyungSoo didn't like eggs in his fried rice for some weird reason and wouldn't eat it even if it was the last thing to eat on earth. He liked fried eggs and everything else with eggs but he just couldn't stand having eggs in his fried rice. YuNi took a bit of her rice and chew. Because she didn't have time to cook separate things for them in the morning she had to eat whatever he ate and it annoyed her. He was one picky eater! 
 
Jana nudges YuNi. "Hey he’s looking this way."
 
YuNi looks up and saw MyungSoo starring at them.
 
"OMG he's looking at me." Jana starts fanning herself. "Should I wave back?"
 
YuNi shrug. "If you want."
 
"YuNi don't be mad okay, I know you like him too but you just can't help who he falls in love with."
 
"I don't care." YuNi packs up her lunch and stands up. "I'm going in first."
 
"Okay, go ahead. He's still staring at me." Jana wave to him and giggles.
 
YuNi looks over at MyungSoo one last time, he was still looking her way. Why was he looking at her? Did she forget to put something in his lunch box? YuNi retrace her steps from this morning. She was sure she didn't forget anything in his lunch box. YuNi starts backing up to grab her bag from under the table. 
 
"YuNi"
 
She turns around and saw a blond hair boy standing behind her. She almost backed up into him. 
 
"Oh, sorry."
 
He smiles at her. "It's okay. You're YuNi right?"
 
"Umm....why?"
 
"I ummm...I was wondering if you...could...if you're not doing anything, tutor me?"
 
"Tutor you?"
 
"Yeah, I heard you were the second smartest student in our school and since I couldn't find the number one student I thought maybe you could help me."
 
"Oh..um..I don't really tutor." YuNi shook her head no.
 
"Oh, I really needed help.” He sighs “It's okay I guess." He turns around disappointed.
 
YuNi closes her eyes. Why did he sound so disappointed? Guilt flushes her chest. "Fine, after school, one hour only."
 
The boy turns back around smiling from ear to ear. "THANK YOU!!" He grabs YuNi and hugs her, pick her up and then spin her around. 
 
MyungSoo choke on his water and started coughing. Everyone at his table started shoving napkins at him and asks if he was okay. He pushes them away and rubs his eyes to make sure he was not imagining things. YuNi was hugging a boy! YuNi was his! He may not be attracted to her but by law she was his. How dare she threat him with adultery! MyungSoo crush the water bottle in his hands and the people around the table stops talking to look at him.
 
Suzy walks over to him from the end of the table. "You okay babe?"
 
MyungSoo close his eyes and shiver at the word 'Babe'. He didn't like pet names. He opens his eyes again and still the blond boy was still hugging YuNi. They weren't spinning anymore but he still had his arms around her. Suzy nudge him.
 
"Babe?"
 
"Nothing" He answers not taking his eyes from YuNi.
 
After school hours were over he walk over to YuNi's classroom. It was empty. He made his way to the library and looked around for her. In the back table she was sitting down facing the wall and the blond boy was facing him. The boy was laughing at something YuNi did and offers her a napkin. What was he laughing about? MyungSoo step into the library and walk straight to their table. The blond boy stops laughing to look at MyungSoo. YuNi was wiping some stain on her skirt. 
 
"Can we help you?" The blond boy asks.
 
"I heard YuNi was tutoring. I came by to get in on the opportunity too." MyungSoo waited for YuNi to look at him but she never did.
 
"We're done." The blond boy stuffs his bag with books and stood up. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He asks YuNi.
 
"Okay." YuNi softly replies.
 
The boy looks at MyungSoo and smiles. “I’m Mir.”
 
“Kim MyungSoo.”
 
Mir’s smile grew and he nods. “I know. It’s nice to meet you.”
 
MyungSoo stood still as the boy left the library. YuNi finally looks up. She looked at him and then around the room, they were alone. 
 
"What are you doing here?" YuNi asks whispering.
 
What was MyungSoo doing here? He didn't really have a reason to give her so he shrugs a shoulder. "I'm hungry."
 
YuNi rolls her eyes and started packing her books. "Go grab something from one of those snack stall."
 
"They put things in there that I don't like. You make me some food, you know what I like." 
 
YuNi slips on her backpack. "What am I you're maid??" YuNi walks pass him.
 
MyungSoo follows her out of the library. "No, you’re my wife."
 
YuNi turns around to him and stops walking. He was smiling at her obviously teasing her but him smiling was a rear sight. He walks up to her and thumps her forehead with his finger. 
 
"Hurry, my stomach is crying." He orders and walks pass her.
 
YuNi place her hand on her forehead and stare at his back view. Why did he have to be so handsome and annoying? Why did she have to like him when he didn't have any feelings towards her? 
 
YuNi started walking after MyungSoo. "Does that mean I can walk home with you?"
 
MyungSoo ignores her question and kept walking.
 
"Is that a yes then?" YuNi starts walking faster to catch up to him smiling to her self. For once he was not pushing her away.
 
"If you promise to tutor me." 
 
"Tutor you? Are you having troubles in school?"
 
"Why do you think I'm asking you to tutor me?"
 
"Okay"