A Date?

Key's HighSchool Story

It had been a few weeks since the fashion show auditions and now most people stopped talking about it. Those who got into the fashion show went to rehearsals every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday after school. It was December now and the fashion show wasn’t until March so they had plenty of time to do whatever it was they wanted during rehearsals. Jonghyun told me they were deciding on themes and music to go along with it. He said they still needed to get the clothes and props before they could actually start practicing routines so most of the rehearsals were just them goofing off. Since the auditions were a few weeks ago, I felt better about not trying out for the fashion show. Now I had another problem to worry about that was much worse than fashion show auditions.

**Flashback**

Saturday Morning

“Morning Diva Key (#^‿^#)”

“Morning Jong.”

“Jong?”

“Yeah, that’s my new nickname for you.

Don’t like it?”

“No I like it XD”

“Haha good cause I wouldn’t have changed it even if you didn’t like it.”

“Lol what are you doing today?”

“Nothing. Just cleaning since my mom and her boyfriend are dirty.

What about you?”

“Nothing much”

“No parties?”

“Nope.”

“No get-togethers or places to hang out?”

“Nope, none that I know of”

“Wow I’m impressed.”

“ :O What do you mean by that?”

“It’s a Saturday and the school’s kingka has nothing planned :P”

“Why don’t WE do something then?”

“Huh?”

“You and I have never seen each other outside of school. Why don’t you and I go somewhere tonight?”

“Woah, is the school’s kingka asking me on a date? I don’t know what to say. ;P”

“Lol whatever. Spend your Saturday night alone then.”

“I’m just joking”

“Good :D

Just meet me at my house at 7 tonight then”

“Okay. Just one problem though…”

“What?”

“I DON’T KNOW YOUR ADDRESS PABO!!”

“Really? Most people know where I live.”

“Im not most people  -__-;; ”

**END FLASHBACK**

It’s 11:47 now. I am meeting up with Jonghyun at 7 tonight. OMGOMGOMG!!! Was this a date? Of course not, just two guys hanging out together on a Saturday night. That wasn’t weird at all, right? At least I was getting a chance to see Jonghyun outside of school.

This was your chance Kibum, don’t mess this up!

Once Jonghyun sent me his address I went straight to my closet in search of something to wear. Whatever I was going to wear tonight had to be perfect. I picked up a pair of skinny jeans, a printed white and blue shirt, and a nice jacket my grandparents bought for me. They thought they had to buy me this jacket or else I would freeze during this upcoming winter.

Now that that was out of the way, I had to clean the house. My mom and her boyfriend were gone and I was home alone. At least I wasn’t going to have to clean around anyone. I hated when I was told to clean the living room WHILE my mom’s boyfriend was in the living room. It didn’t make any sense. How was I expected to clean the couch if someone was on it?

A couple of hours had passed and I was almost done with cleaning the house. I didn’t mind cleaning when it was just me home. I found it relaxing and peaceful.

It was now 3:30 and I needed to shower. I grabbed my towel and walked into the now clean and organized bathroom. I got undressed and stepped into the shower. I let the hot water burn my back before turning the temperature down to a more bearable one. As I was washing myself I realized that I was going out with Jonghyun in a few hours. Was this a date? What did Jonghyun think it was? Did he think it was going to be a date?

I’ve never been on a date and he’s most likely been on tons. I’d probably be really awkward during this date (If it was one) Where were Jonghyun and I going anyways? All he said was to meet him at his house. Were we just going to hang out at his place? What if he tried to do something to me?

 I started to blush. I’m so inexperienced with this stuff, would Jong laugh at me?

I turned the shower off and quickly stepped out to dry myself off. A small breeze from the window caused me to shiver. It was getting colder and darker outside. I walked to my room and put on some underwear. I then walked to the wall mirror I had in my room. I really should think about working out.

Once I put my clothes on I walked back to the mirror. Ughk, my hair was still wet and messy. For the next thirty minutes, I blow dried and straightened my hair. I then went back to the mirror to see how it looked. Much better.

It was almost 6 and I hadn’t left my house yet. I was going to have to walk to Jonghyun’s house and it was about an hour on foot. Quickly, I put my jacket and shoes on, grabbed my keys, and then left the house.

On the way to Jonghyun’s I was so excited. I couldn’t help but smile. I was actually going to do something on a Saturday night. I usually just spent most Saturday nights eating my life away while reading books or watching horror movies. People passing by me in their cars must have thought something was seriously wrong with me because I was grinning from ear to ear.

As I approached Jonghyun’s house, I noticed how much nicer his house looked compared to mine. This was probably the wealthier part of town. Before I could even ring the doorbell, the door opened revealing a cheesing Jonghyun behind it.

“How did you know I was here?” I asked.

“My Key senses were tingling.” He chuckled.

“Pabo.” I blushed looking down.

“Just kidding, it’s 7 right now and I told you to come at this time so I looked out the window and saw you walking up to the house.” Jonghyun explained.

“That makes more sense.”

Jonghyun invited me into his house and told me to sit in the living room.

“I have one more thing I have to do upstairs that will just take a second. Be right back and then we can leave.” I just smiled and watched him race up the stairs.

I was in Jonghyun’s house.

I looked around the room and noticed all the pictures there were. They were probably family pictures. I kept scanning the room until one picture caught my eye. It was a baby picture of Jonghyun. A woman who was most likely his mother was holding him while he had one hand in his mouth. Drool was just sliding down his arm, coating it and making it very shinny. How cute, in a gross way.

“Okay Key, I’m done.” Jonghyun said while walking downstairs. I got up and followed him out the door. The sun was completely gone and now the street lights, stores, and the stars were the only source of light we had.

“How did you get here?” he asked.

“I walked.”

“Really?! You live like an hour away and it’s cold.”

“You know where I live?”

“Yeah.”

“Most people don’t know where I live.” I explained.

“I’m not most people.” Jonghyun smiled at me. This guy seriously had to stop smiling, it was only making me fall for him more.

“So, where are we going tonight?” I asked as I put my hands in my pocket to keep them from getting cold.

“You’ll just have to wait and see.”

For the next hour Jonghyun and I walked through our town. Even though it was cold and I was hungry and tired, I didn’t mind. Jonghyun was doing most of the talking between us and I just listened and laughed at most of the things he said.

We finally reached a small family restaurant.

“Is this where we’re going?”

“Yeah.” Jonghyun grinned. “Don’t even say you’re not hungry because I heard your stomach growling earlier.” I just laughed and walked into the place with Jonghyun. The restaurant was pretty small and the only customers there were Jonghyun and I. I guess it was a tough night.

“Hey Jonghyun, what are you doing here? Here to work?” An old woman asked Jonghyun.

“Nah, I don’t work tonight. But I came here with a friend to eat.” He replied.

“Oh, then come sit down and we’ll be right with you. As you can see, you guys are our only customers at the moment.” The woman chuckled to herself.

Jonghyun and I picked a random booth to sit at and then took our jackets off.

“Wow, everyone knows who you are.”

“Well they should, I work here.”Jonghyun explained.

“You work in this place?”I asked.

“Yup. This is how I make my money.” He laughed.

Under the restaurant lights, Jonghyun looked really cool. His eyes were shining and his sharp features were more distinct. After ordering our food, we only had 10 minutes to talk before our food was ready and out. It looked so good. I ordered this rice with salmon while Jonghyun ordered some steak thing. I don’t remember what it was called. While eating I tried to ask more about Jonghyun. Turns our he played the guitar, liked to sing in the shower, and has a dog named Roo.

After we ate Jonghyun was trying to recommend this signature dessert they served here. It was some cinnabun with ice-cream. I wouldn’t say no to him so we ordered it. Jong said I had to let him feed me my first bite. He whined like a puppy unless I let him do it so I let him.

Once we were finished with that, I was stuffed and couldn’t eat another bite. When the bill came Jonghyun insisted that he’d pay for it. It was sweet. As we were walking out of the small restaurant, all the workers waved goodbye to Jonghyun and I. It felt warm being treated this nice.

We then walked to this park that was about 15 minutes away from the restaurant. Jonghyun pulled me under this tree and then laid in the grass. After he gestured for me to join him. It was dirty on the ground and cold. I didn’t have much time to think before Jonghyun grabbed my hand and yanked me to ground with him. All I could see were his eyes looking directly at mine. I tried to avert my eyes from his by looking up at the stars. It was such a beautiful night tonight.

“Do you usually come here a lot?” I asked.

“Not that often. Coming here takes your mind off of things sometimes.” He answered.

For about half an hour we just sat under the stars in silence. Jonghyun was the first to get up and I soon followed while whipping my pants off.

“Come on, it’s getting late. Let me take you home.” I was a little sad when he said this but glad I was able to spend this time with him. Hopefully this wasn’t going to be the last time we hung out.

I wished the walk to my house would have lasted longer than it did. Before I knew it, we had already arrived. When we reached my door, I waited for Jonghyun to say something funny to bring my mood up but he didn’t. He just said goodbye, waved, and walked off.

I walked inside my house and took my shoes and jacket off. I then hopped on the couch and sighed. After about a few minutes I heard my phone vibrate. A new text from Jonghyun.

“So how was your date with the most awesome guy ever? ;P”

I smiled. Stupid pabo. And stupid me for falling for this stupid pabo.


WAAAOOHHH!!! Double update? Haha was this a date??? Idk, let's ask Jonghyun... JKJK but i just wanted to give you guys another chapter before I relax for the next couple of days. By relax I mean eat my weight in food and read manga. I'm waaaay behind so I think I'll catch up today. Tell me what you guys think and hopefully you liked this chapter. I told a lot of my friends that I started writing this story and all of them want to find out either the website, story title, or what it's about so they can search for it. It's pretty funny but I'm not gonna tell them. MWUAHAHAH!!