A ballad song

Mr. Luminous

(Chaehee's POV)

“Chaehee?!” Naeun gasped in surprise. I gave her a warm smile and a hug.

“Congratulations Naeun, you’re getting married!” I congratulated her. The maid led us back into the living room; I sat back down on the couch and tried to act like nothing had happened.

Naeun was still frozen and didn’t dare to look me in the eyes while her soon-to-be husband started a friendly chat with Taemin.

“So, mind sharing your story?” I asked her, referring to the whole ‘marriage’ thing. She weakly nodded and stood up to take me to her room.

After walking into her room she offered me to sit and I gladly accepted.

“Long story Chaehee, but first, I have to apologise for not telling you this earlier. I’m really sorry Chaehee and I’m really sorry to the rest of my friends.” She apologised sincerely.

I nodded, accepting her apology.

“You see, after I went through this whole ‘kidnap’ thing, Boa, I assume you’ve met her already, took me here to see Mr Kim for some… missions. I wasn’t involved in her missions though, I was just there because she was in a hurry and she didn’t know where else to hide me so she left me here in this house. That’s how I got to meet Jinyoung, my fiancé, I know it hasn’t been long since we’ve met, in fact, it has only been 4 days but Jinyoung and I communicate really well, it feels like we’ve known each other for a long time because we understand each other so well. We’re taking everything slowly, it’s lucky that Mr Kim agreed to our marriage…” Naeun explained.

“Jinyoung?” I asked.

“Yes, Jung Jinyoung”

“Is he Mr Kim’s blood-related son?” I questioned again curiously. “If he is, why don’t they have the same last name?”

Naeun looked around to make sure that no-one was listening to our conversation. “Mr Kim gets a little sensitive about this topic but since he’s not here, I’ll explain it to you”

I nodded, ready for the story.

“Well, actually… Mr Kim’s wife died not long after giving birth to Jinyoung. Mr Kim was so sad, he loved his wife so much. Since Jinyoung was their only son, he decided to take Jinyoung as a gift from heaven for him and his wife. As a memory, he decided to let Jinyoung have his mother’s maiden name.” Naeun finished and took in a deep breath.

“Woah, so he’s a warm person at heart?” I asked but then realised that it sounded kind of offensive.

“Of course, he’s very nice but maybe because of his job, people see him as the heartless, mean guy. I guess it’s his image” Naeun smiled. “Chaehee, can you do me a favour?”

“What is it?”

“When Kris, Eunji and Yunho finds out about this, can you please apologise to them for me? I think they’ll be angry at me” Naeun said, lowering her head.

I bit my lip and nodded. “Don’t worry, I’m sure they won’t be as dramatic about it as I was” I comforted effortful.

She nodded and showed a weak smile. “Thanks Chaehee, you’re the best. Chaehee JJang!” She wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. “You never fail to be a good friend!”

I smiled and hugged her back.

“Having a good time?” Taemin asked from the room door.

“Yeah… hold on a sec” I looked at Naeun who wasn’t paying much attention to Taemin. “Weren’t you a fan of Taemin before?” I asked pointing at Taemin.

“It’s rude to point” He joked.

“I WAS, I have Jinyoung now” She said happily.

“Wow, I feel so loved” Taemin said sarcastically.

We all laughed together and eventually Jinyoung came in and joined in as well.

“We better start heading back” Taemin suggested. I nodded in agreement and stood up to leave. Naeun and Jinyoung stood up to wave their goodbyes.

“Visit us soon! Or we’ll visit you!” Jinyoung shouted from the front door.

“Treat Naeun well or else I’ll be the one murdering you!” I shouted back.

“Violent much!” Taemin teased. I punched his arm playfully and we went into the car. “Do you want to go somewhere before going home?” Taemin asked.

“Mm… sure! Since I’m in a good mood, let’s go and eat, I’m hungry” I suggested while putting on my seat belt.

“Ok! Off we go!” He said in an excited tone.

We sang, laughed and talked on the way to the restaurant and to be honest, it was one of the best times I’ve ever had.

“Oppa Gangnam Style! Eh~ y lady! Op-op-op Oppa gangnam!” Taemin and I sang in unison loudly.

Not long after, a romantic ballad came on and we swayed our heads to the melody.

“On a slightly cold dawn, where the darkness had lifted and the faint lights were turning off one by one. On the familiar road, I purposely took the long way to get to watch you fret that it had gotten too late~ Not once that I’ve ever thought, even for a moment that I would become a me without you~” We both sang along to the lyrics of the song softly and to my surprise, we were in harmony unknowingly.

Not realising what I was doing, I slowly turned my head to look at his direction.

I’d be lying if I said he wasn’t beautiful. He was gorgeous, now that I’m examining his features carefully, he really was unearthly beautiful.

“I know you’re staring at me you know” He said out of no-where. I jumped a little from surprise and started to tense up.

What am I saying to myself?

“I-I was not!” Without me noticing again, I started blushing. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him smiling.

This song is seriously too romantic, it’s making me go weird…

“Sorry but I have to skip this song…” I pressed the skip button on the Music player to calm myself down.

“Aw, but it was one of my favourite songs!” He complained.

“I’m not in the mood for it, sorry” I teased.

He tried to act cute and pouted but that didn’t work on me.

“We’re here!” He announced excitedly. He jumped out of the car and so did I.

My stomach grumbled and I mentally slapped it for doing so. Taemin grinned. “So you were really hungry, let’s go!”

After eating, Taemin returned me home and I took a quick shower before jumping into bed. It’s been a long day…


How was it? Naeun's fiance was Jinyoung from B1A4:) Oh, and the ballad song was TVXQ's Confession. Enjoy reading~