To The Fans

Letter From Onew

Dear reader,

My name is Lee Jinki. But some of you might know me better as Onew from SHINee. 

I have something I need to get off my chest. Something that a lot of people have been talking about for a while. Probably since we debuted. Yes, it may be a little bit overrated to talk about the couples in SHINee. But to me, as the leader it needs to be addressed. 

First of all I'll be selfish for a minute and talk about myself. I do love the members equally but one of them has a special place in my heart. I'm not going to say who because I know I never will be with them because they already have someone thats right for them. And it would probably make them upset to see how painful it is to me.  I'm going to move on now before I can't continue..

The coupling that is the most popular (or I believe so) is with Taemin and Minho. Or 2Min as fans call it. I must say that some fans are spot on with this stuff. Most of them realized that they were meant for each other before they realized it themselves. Anyways, I know that they care for each other a lot. You can tell by just looking. They are almost always in contact with each other when we are at our dorm but for the sake of SHINee, SME forces them to turn down the affection knob when they are in public. Although I don't think that they have gone anywhere past PG to PG-13. (thank god I get enough with Key and Jonghyun). Our company does approve as much as one can. But since they have been together for almost a year and a half Taemin and Minho really want to tell everyone about their relationship. (SME doesn't think that it's the right time yet, unfortunately) I have to say myself that I'm happy for them. They have been through more hardships then you can imagine. 

Key and Jonghyun (JongKey as people may know it as) have a very different relationship then Taemin and Minho. They do have their tender moments but they defiantly get over PG-13. Sometimes I wonder how they get enough sleep. SME doesn't know about their relationship yet. They have only been together for a little bit over half a year.  The whole thing with Jonghyun and SeKyung was true for awhile. Those few months were hard for all of us but even more so for Key. He couldn't believe that Jonghyun would do something like that to him. Jonghyun apologized and told Key that SME forced him into the relationship because we were getting to close as a band. Key eventually did forgive him but it took awhile.

There were times that Key would talk to me about leaving SHINee. I convinced him as much as I could into not leaving. I know that it's hard for him still and he still is contemplating leaving. He says that there is too much pressure. I'm not sure how much longer he can last in this secret with Jonghyun. Of course Jonghyun isn't helping much by trying to push Key into telling SME and the public about them. They do love each other very much but the future is uncertain for them. 

Even though I'm happy for these four I can't help but wonder if I'm ever going to find someone that can love me back.  Please show us a lot of support when our time together comes to an end. 

Sincerely ,

Lee Jinki (Onew)