Mystery

Strawberry Lips

Taemin sighed as he sat down at the table in his friend's room. Key was currently digging through his closet for something, probably an outfit for the party that he was going to tonight. Taemin stretched and pulled out his textbooks to work on his homework that he had to do over the weekend. Once his books hit the table, Key's head snapped over in his direction and he frowned. "No! No homework or boring things today!" he exclaimed as he hurried over from his closet to the table and pulling the textbooks away from Taemin. Taemin's eyes widened in surprise and he looked at Key as if he had a second head. He never complained about him doing his homework before, so he didn't know why today was an exception. "Taebaby, we are getting you dolled up and you are coming with me to the party tonight," he explained, tossing Taemin's textbooks to some obscure corner of his room. 

Taemin's eyes widened and he shook his head. "I don't want to go," he said as he stood up to retrieve his textbooks. "I won't fit in. You know that. I never do at school, so why would I at this party. People will just make fun of me for even showing up," he said, kneeling down next to his textbooks as he started to pick them up. Key huffed and frowned as he walked over to Taemin once again. 

"You'll have fun. I promise. No one will make fun of you. I was looking for something for you to wear for tonight that won't drown you like these rags do," Key said, taking Taemin's textbooks once again and pulling at Taemin's shirt that was indeed drowning him. It wasn't his fault that he always drowned in his clothes. His parents were pretty poor and could afford to buy him clothes that would fit him, giving him his older brother's hand-me-downs as well as ones from his cousins who were all bigger than he was. He sighed and cursed his small frame for being the reason as to why he was teased and always drowning in his clothes. "Now, please, just do this for me? I really want you to get out and have some fun. It will be good for you," Key said, smiling lightly. Taemin sighed and gave a small nod as an agreement.

--

Three hours later,Taemin could've sworn he had just been through fashion hell and back. He had been shoved into a tight-fitting outfit, his hair had been pulled harshly, his ears burned by Key's straightener, and his eyes stabbed multiple times by a variety of different brushes and make-up tools. He never wanted to experience it again. However, he had to admit that Key knew what he was doing. Key had given him a shirt that was just a tad baggy, but was still rather tight on his torso. It was a white shirt with an intricate and abstract graphic design on the front under a black leather jacket. His pants were black skinny jeans that hugged his legs tightly with rips all up the back of his legs to just under his cheeks. His hair had been straightened and styled to perfection and he had a light layer of black and silver eye-shadow applied to his eyelids along with a thin line of black eyeliner around his eyes, making them pop. Key had also applied mascara to his eyelashes to make them stand out just that much more.

Taemin didn't want to know how Key had even managed to get it on him without making it look horrible after all the stabbing and poking that had occurred to his eyes. He looked at himself in the mirror while Key was putting the finishing touches on his make-up for the party. When he came out, he practically dragged Taemin out of the room and to the front door. Taemin was handed a pair of black boots to go with his outfit before Key slipped into his own shoes and heading out of the house to Key's car. Taemin slipped into the passenger's seat and they headed to the party that was on the other side of town. 

--

"Key, I'm not sure that this is a good idea. I don't want them to make fun of me anymore at school," Taemin said as they were walking up to the front door of the house. The house was huge. It had a long tree-lined driveway and a large garden in the front. Taemin wondered who's house this way to himself as he clung to Key's arm. 

"Taemin, you'll be fine. If they're going to do anything to you, its going to be hitting on you because you are y tonight," Key said with a bright smile and a wink. "Now just don't worry and let loose. Have some fun," he said as he knocked on the door. Hardly a minute later, the door opened to reveal the most popular student in school - Kim Jonghyun. Jonghyun smiled at them both and pulled Key away from Taemin and into his arms. 

"Key, you look nice tonight," he said, pressing a kiss to his lips gently, causing Key to blush and Taemin to gag. Taemin was never one for witnessing loving acts from other couples. It was weird for him and he always felt like he was intruding on their private time together when it happened. Jonghyun took notice of Taemin after a second or two and blinked, looking at Key. "Who's this kid? Does he go to our school?" he asked, trying to figure out who he was. Taemin sighed and rolled his eyes at Jonghyun's comment, folding his arms.

"Yes I go to your school. You just never pay attention to me," Taemin said. "I'm Lee Taemin, the kid who is always drowning in his clothes," he said, knowing that was the only way that Jonghyun would know him. Jonghyun's eyes widened with realization and he did a double take on Taemin. 

"Really? You don't look like you normally do. You look hot," Jonghyun said, giving Taemin a smile and a thumbs up. Taemin twirled a finger in the air in mock excitement and looked at Key who was simply smiling happily at Taemin.

"Key. I want to go home. I don't know how I let you talk me into coming to the party. I'll see you tomorrow," he said as he turned to leave. He was about to step off of the porch when his wrist was grabbed and he was harshly pulled back towards the door. 

"No. I told you. You are going to come and have fun. It'll be fine, trust me," he said, turning Taemin around and pushing him into the house, Jonghyun right behind them. Taemin thought that he was going to go deaf with how loud the music was. The music was blaring on what seemed like full blast from close to twenty speakers placed randomly around the house. People were dancing and drinking in almost every open spot of the floor and in every corner and crevice the house had to offer, it seemed as though there was a couple going at it. Taemin frowned as he pushed his way through the crowds of people to get something to drink and eat off of the food tables. He looked around quietly as he practically downed his first drink, gasping as it burned his throat. He looked at the other glasses of what seemed like water that he had just drank and picked another one up, smelling it slightly. He frowned and took a small sip this time. He wasn't one hundred percent sure what it was, but he knew for a fact that it wasn't just water. He shrugged and downed this cup as well.

"Bad day?" a voice chuckled from behind him. Taemin turned with a small scowl on his face to see who was asking him that as he picked up another drink. The male was tall and fit. You could tell from his arms that his abs had to be hard as a rock and at least a six-pack, maybe an eight-pack. He was dressed in simple jeans and a black, long-sleeved shirt that fit his body nicely and showed off his muscles. His short black hair was smooth and spiked up in the front. And Taemin recognized him right away as Jonghyun's friend Minho. Minho was popular as well, captain of the basketball, baseball, football, and soccor teams at school. How he made it to all the practices and games was beyond Taemin.

"You try having your friend force you to wear clothes you don't normally wear, stab your eyes while putting on make-up, and burn your ears while straightening your hair. It would make anyone's day bad," he mumbled, taking a drink of his third cup. Minho laughed and moved his hand to ruffle Taemin's hair, only to be stop half-way there by Taemin's hand. "I wouldn't screw up my hair if I were you. If Key sees it messed up and not styled perfectly, he'll chew your head off and might possibly kill you," he warned, his face completely serious.

"You're friends with Key?" he asked, pulling his hand back as he knew all to well what Key would do to someone who messed with an outfit or hair do that he created. It isn't pretty and he didn't want to be on the receiving end of his wrath. Taemin nodded as he took another drink, starting to feel light-headed and a little dizzy. He glanced over at Minho to see his reaction. "Why haven't I seen you before? Do you go to a different school?" he asked, his face contorted into an expression of confusion as he knew most of Key's friends.

"You have seen me before, you just never pay any attention to me. I go to your school, in fact I'm in your class," he said, finishing up the last of his drink and grabbing another and handing one to Minho who took it happily.

Minho's expression changed to one of surprise and shock. "You are? How have I never noticed you before then. You are certainly someone I would normally keep an eye on," he stated, causing Taemin to laugh. "What?" Minho asked, truely confused about why Taemin was laughing.

"You really don't recognize me?" he asked, receiving a nod from Minho. He covered his mouth and laughed again, coughing as he tried to catch his breath. "S-sorry, I knew I was basically invisible, but I never knew that it had reached this extent," he said, smiling.

"Apparently it does. Now are you going to tell me your name or are you going to torture me by not?" he asked.

"You have to figure that out on your own lover boy, but I have two conditions. One, no asking Key, Jonghyun, Onew, Yoseop, Joon, Heechul, Donghae, Leeteuk, or Henry who I am - that's cheating. Two, finish your drink and kiss me?" he asked, the effects of his drink finally taking over. Minho frowned at the first request and widened his eyes at the second in surprise. He finished his drink and grabbed a second one and downed it quickly. Taemin laughed at Minho's reaction and was cut off by a pair of lips crashing onto his own. His eyes widened before closing as he melted into the kiss. Minho swiped his tongue across Taemin's lips as he wrapped his arms around his waist. Taemin opened his mouth. wrapping his arms around Minho's neck.

As the kiss turned more heated, they pulled away from each other and made their way through the crowds of people and to the stairs. Minho pulled Taemin up the stairs quickly before opening the door to a guest bedroom and slipping inside with him. Taemin gasped in surprise when he was slammed against the recently shut door by Minho who attacked his lips once again. Taemin's hand searched for the doorknob and flipped the lock so that they wouldn't be bothered before wrapping his arms around Minho's neck once again. They moved to the large four-poster bed after a few minutes of a hot make-out session against the bedroom door. 

---

Taemin groaned and held a hand to his forehead when he woke up the next morning. He blinked and squinted as he looked around the familiar room. "How did I get back to Key's house?" he muttered quietly. He slipped out of the bed and walked out of the room in search of Key. He figured he would either be in his room or the kitchen. He looked in his room first and didn't find him, opting then to look in the kitchen where he found Key finishing cooking a large breakfast for the both of them. Key turned around and smiled brightly when he saw Taemin.

"Taebaby!" Key exclaimed, much to Taemin's dislike as his voice was too loud and annoying for him at the moment with his hangover. Taemin looked over at Key and glared harshly, rubbing his temples. "Oh right, sit down and we'll have some breakfast. I made you a drink that is really good to help with hangovers," Key said in a much softer voice. Taemin nodded and sat down at the table, picking up his chopsticks and starting to eat the breakfast. 

"Key, what happened last night? All I remember about last night is a person with gorgeous black hair and perfect, strawberry lips," he said, looking up from his food to look at Key. Key blinked and looked at Taemin before shaking his head lightly.

"You are such a light-weight," he mumbled in mock disappointment. "We'll have to fix that. As for what happened last night, you had some drinks and then you started to make out with this guy - and from my angle he looked like Choi Minho. After a couple of minutes, you two disappeared upstairs and then I found you in a room alone, while there was someone in the shower. I had to go home, so I put your clothes on you and I carried you to my car and brought you back here to sleep," Key explained.

"Y-you're saying that I lost my ity to Choi Minho? The most popular person in school?" Taemin asked in disbelief.

"No, because I don't know for certain if it was Minho or not. I am saying that you lost your ity to someone who looked an awful lot like Minho," Key said non-chalantly. "Now finish eating." Taemin complied with Key's demand and once again started to eat, thinking about what he was told and the slight memories of last night that he had. He was determined to find his mystery man, but all he had to find this mystery person was the memory of silky black hair and those strawberry lips.

 

As well as Key's thoughts on who his mystery person was.