You're like Caffeine

Caffeine

Eyes tightened, fists clenched, I push the door that I once held open for you. I've never been here without you before, I'm all alone. In a place that was once ours. Intoxicating aromatic fumes fill my lungs, burning through a heart that still belongs to you. It hurts, the memories we made make me woozy.        

Ignoring my throbbing heart, I walk in   towards that little table in the corner near the window. The place that we claimed. The place where we met. The place where we confessed. The place where we shared our first moments...And also our last. Dragging myself over, I try to fight off memories of you...and him. I find my fingers tracing over the carving of our initials, united with a heart, marking our spot. That beautiful smile you failed to hide when we made this..was it meaningless? How about this carved heart? Is it fake? Was it all a lie? Or was it me....What did I do wrong....where did I go wrong...these endless questions sprout in my mind. Questions that only you can answer.                                    

 I head to the  counter, ordering an Americano. Your favourite. I never did understand why you loved something so bitter. Even now my taste buds disapprove of such an strong taste. Yet I find myself addicted. I watch the barista carry out each step of the process, something I never really payed attention to before. First he grounds the beans and I can't help but notice how painful it looks. Did I do that to your heart? Crush it? Is that why you left? I'm oblivious to everything, stop playing around and tell me.  Lost in these thoughts, I wake up to the barista asking for the bill. I give him the change, which is when he seems to recognise me.                    

"You’re alone, huh? Been a while since ive seen you here, how you been?”                      

"I've been great! Just pretty busy." Lies.                               

I hold the steaming cup in both hands and seat myself on your cushioned chair. My hands tighten around the cup, holding onto the only physical memory I have of you. Everything has been burned, it's like you never existed. Only proof of existence I have of you is my memory. How I wish I could grab onto you like this now, never letting go...                    

I take a sip, my system overwhelming with its warmth. Warmth that is nothing compared to the sensation you made me feel, but is the closest I’ll ever get to it. I gack at its sharp taste, deciding to chug it all down. As if it's soju. I feel glares sitting on my back, but I don't care. I stopped caring since you went. I slam the empty cup down, the memory of you becoming more vivid. My body burns and objects this foul taste, but I call the waitress to make me another cup anyway.                      

 How many will I get through today? Two? Three?                                        
 I know this is bad for me.                              
Just like you.                            
~You're like caffeine~


I think my quality of writing is decreasing OTL
Came up with tons more of similirties of coffee and love....but they seemed stupid....so i didnt include them 
But yeah! How was it? Good? Bad? Juvenile? Im not good at this love stuff. bleh.
Comment juseyo~ (americanoooooo~ chuwa chuwa chuwa~)