Love Story of a Panda and Owl

The Morning is When I Love You

 

Kyungsoo sighed happily as he snuggled closer to his lover, back pressed against chest while a gentle breeze ran through the park. The sun was barely over the horizon, sending soft seas of golden beams on their small picnic scene littered with paper plates and leftover food. The fingers of life prickled onto the almost vacant sidewalk, excluding a few early morning joggers who passed the couple with light smiles, as soldier ants marched on to start their day. Quietly overhead, like a cat prowling through the dark of night, a strikingly blue Starling whistled out a perfect melody from above the tall Oak tree of which they lay below.

 

Tao smiled fondly down at his lover, bringing his hand up to comb through the others soft brown locks of hair. They’d gotten up early to have breakfast alone at the local park without any interruptions upon Kyungsoo’s request and even when Tao hated waking up unnecessarily early, he couldn’t say no to his adorable little boyfriend. So at the peak of dawn, he woke up to his lovers wide eyes without fight. Together they made a small breakfast of plain congee, leftover taiye chicken, and orange juice. Once they had packed all their belongings in a small picnic basket, they set off together to their current location.

 

“Kyungsoo-ge…” Tao murmured, hands coiling around the others waist. His eyes were half-lidded, black hair falling between his eyes. Sometime ago, they pulled out a blanket and draped it over themselves to combat the chilly morning air.

 

The smaller slightly shifted, burrowing his head deeper into his chest, strawberry kissed lips pressed into a cute smile, “You’re so warm.” He whispered.

 

Tao raised an eyebrow and stared amused at his half-coherent beau, pulling him tighter against his lean frame, “Because I’m a panda.”

 

“My panda.” He blinked when a slight pressure was pushed on his lips, “You are my panda.” Kyungsoo twisted his body until they were chest-to-chest.

 

He smiled and leant down to peck the other on the lips, eye warm and loving as they gazed into each other’s eyes, “I am your panda, and you are my owl.”

 

Kyungsoo scrunched up his nose and brought his arms around the other man’s neck, “Owl?”

 

“Because of your eyes.” Tao hummed. He played the piano on Kyungsoo’s back, enjoying the slight tremors the responded back to him.

 

“My eyes aren’t that big…” Kyungsoo mumbled, narrowing his eyes in attempt to contradict the statement.

 

Laughing, Tao gave him an eskimo kiss, disregarding the thought amount PDA they were displaying. Kyungsoo was too giggly to notice.

 

They laid in each other’s embrace until the sun was high up in the sky, until the early morning joggers disappeared and were replaced with hurried business men trying to take a short cut by walking through the park, or until the elderly peacefully tottered throughout the green scenery, periodically tossing pieces of bread to the birds. When their watches hit 12 o’clock, Kyungsoo sighed and rolled off his partner, arching his back and bringing his arms above his head to stretch out his knotted muscles.

 

Tao smiled, charmed by his boyfriends smallest actions, “You know, if you attended my wushu classes with me, you wouldn’t be so sore from lying down.”

 

Kyungsoo huffed and rolled away further, inciting a bark of laughter from the younger, “Wushu is too difficult. Besides, I take cooking classes. I work my arms by kneading dough.”

 

“What about your stomach?”

 

A pause from his end, “We agreed to not talk about that.”

 

Tao laughed once more, rolling to his childish lover, “I love you, don’t forget that.” He buried his face in the junction of Kyungsoo’s shoulder and collarbone, breathing in the scent of his intoxicating blueberry pancake shampoo he always used.

 

Kyungsoo whined and tried to wiggle away from his touchy partner, only to have an arm wrap around his shoulders and him into a lean chest, “Tao…we’ve been here for hours, and I want to go home now…”

 

“Not yet, just a bit longer.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and relaxed, turning his head to catch a light kiss. Their legs intertwined and their feet played footsie with each other, lovingly and rubbing in mock fight.

 

When the sun moved to its peak, way above the clouds but still gazing brightly on the earth, Kyungsoo smiled at Tao. His smile was warm, with the way his lips stretched over his face, how his eyes crinkled on the edges creating adorable half-moon crescents while his nose scrunched up in the cutest way. Tao always thought he was way too lucky to have Kyungsoo as his boyfriend, when the other was just radiating of cutest and loyalty.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

 

 

Comment if you like! They're really appreciated ><

My tumblr: 

taquitao.tumblr.com