I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In

I Knew You Were Trouble When You Walked In

 

Hyunseung pulled unhappily at the hem of his waiters uniform. His boss had ordered the wrong size resulting in the skintight white shirt and black vest and pants Hyunseung was being forced to wear now. He glanced up out of habit at the ring of the door opening. A very pretty brunette girl in a short silver sequined dress and heels so high Hyunseung briefly wondered how she walked in them stepped inside, the door closing quickly behind her. He lost sight of her momentarily in the crowded bar while he poured a costumer a drink. He wasn’t sure why she intrigued him so much but his eyes kept finding her as she mingled and was it his imagination or did he catch her looking at him too?

In a few minutes she turned and walked, no, strutted towards the bar with purposeful steps.

“Margarita on the rocks with salt.” She placed one of her delicate hands on the bar, tapping out a beat with her brightly colored fingernails.

Hyunseung picked up a glass and silently went to mixing the drink. He wanted to say something but he wasn’t sure what. He handed the finished product to the girl, his fingers brushing hers.

“You can’t take your eyes off of me.” She said matter of factly.

“Is that so?” He asked, raising his eyes to meet hers. Her makeup very nicely accented her unusual blue deep eyes. “That’s incredibly forward of you.”

“No, it’s not. This is.” She leaned across the bar, her free hand brushing across the sleeve of his shirt. “What time do you get off?”

This girl looked like an angel and spoke like devil himself.

“I don’t even know your name.” He muttered.

“And I don’t know yours. Is it important?”

“The bar closes in forty-five minutes.” There was something about this girl he just couldn’t seem to be able to say no to.

“See you then.” And with that she disappeared with her drink into the crowd.

Hyunseung scanned the room repeatedly for the next half hour searching for her but he didn’t see her again.

After hours he locked the doors and cleaned up. He was the only one working tonight. Exhausted he pulled his car keys from his pocket, turning the lights off and pulled open the back door. He stepped out into refreshing night air, making his way for his car. He absentmindedly ran his fingers through his ruffled hair. He was only a step or two away when a gleam of silver in the moonlight caught his eye.

“We meet again.”

The girl was lying on her stomach on the hood of his car, her glittery heels in the air.

Hyunseung watched, frozen to the spot, as the girl slipped off his car and walked towards him her high heels clicking loudly in the silence.

“Tsk. You don’t seem very happy to see me.” She said, batting her eyelashes a slight pout to her full lips.

Hyunseung found his tongue enough to say, “Just surprised, is all.” Everything was telling him that this was a bad idea but he couldn’t help playing along with this mysterious and beautiful girl.

“What’s your name?” She asked.

“Oh, Now you’re interested?”

“I’ve always been interested in you...” She stepped even closer, almost closing the space between them.

“Hyunseung.”

 “Ah, tell me something Hyunseung, do you find me attractive?”

He briefly considered lying but settled on honesty. “Yes. Yes, I do.”

“Then why don’t you,” She reached up, twisting her arms around his neck pulling him down so she could whisper in his ear. “Kiss me?” Her breath against his neck almost immediately unhinged him.

“There are a thousand reasons why I’d never kiss you.” He whispered just before his lips pressed against hers.