Live Life to the Fullest.

Live Life to the Fullest.

 

you-chan!” Tegoshi Yuya calles across Incheon International Airport. You turn and you're greeted by the biggest hug you've had ever had. A warm feeling spreads across your body, the feeling you only get when you know you’re completely safe and loved. Yuya’s hands wrapped around your back, and you wrapped your arms around his back. You stand for a while, until you realized that people were recognizing Yuya. “We should…” You start, and Yuya immediately understands. He holds your hand and pulls you towards the exit, walking to the parking lot. Yuya reaches into the back pocket of your’s jeans, pulling out your keys and giving you a kiss on your cheek in the process. Yuya smoothly puts his luggage in the trunk of the Corvette you drive and opens the door for you. You give him one of your rare dazzling smiles and sit inside. He closes the door and gets into the car himself. He pulls out of the parking lot, and starts to drive on the highway. No matter how long you live in Korea, you still aren't used to the roads, but amazingly, Yuya is. You have no idea where you're going, but as long as you're with him…

“Ano… you-chan?” Yuya breaks the silence.

“Hmm…?” You reply sleepily.

Yuya smiles with a hint of sadness and looks at you. “Never mind…, it’s nothing.” He turns his attention back to the road and driving. He puts out his hand, palm up, and you put your hand in his and immediately fall asleep.

*********

You wake up to the sound of waves. You rub your eyes, trying to adjust to the blinding light filtering in through the window. You're in a cutely decorated room, one that definitely had been decorated by Yuya. You smile and get off the bed you were lying in. You open the door, and sneak through the house looking to suprise Yuya. Not finding him, you finally ended up in the kitchen. You locate your breakfast on the table, covered nicely by a napkin. On top of it is an envelope. You open the envelope and pull out a note.

To my sleeping beauty:

Good morning~ If you’re reading this, it means you missed me~ I’m sorry I couldn’t say my last goodbye in person. I don’t want you to bear the pain of spending more time with me than necessary, and I don’t think I would be able to let you go if we did. I don’t want you to think that I left you, or that me leaving you is an end to our relationship. Think of it as an interruption to our love, and it will continue when you fly to heaven, my angel. As for my career, I’ve officially left my agency under a rumor that I’m in a relationship and married, both of which is true as soon as you sign and submit the documents in the drawer of your room. Put on the ring in the envelope. I’ve already put on mine, though no one would ever be able to tell you. This house is also yours now. I lived in Korea when I was very young for about a year, and this was my house then. Everything I own… It’s yours. Don’t worry about anything other than yourself and take care. I’ll be resting too somewhere close. And one more time… I’m sorry for leaving you. Looking at your beautiful sleeping face made me want to hug you and kiss you one last time, but I know that would only hold both of us back.

Live to the fullest for both of us. Please be happy.

Tegoshi Yuya

**********

you became a Tegoshi that day, and it’s been 50 years, now that I count. My best friend's life is at its end, and she no longer remembers how her own parents', whom I haven’t seen in 55 years, even look like. But Yuya… she remembers his laughing face, his warm touch, his smell, his hair, everything and shares it with me still. To her, it probably feels like just yesterday when he left. I can only watch her as she lies on the bed, the same bed she woke up in 50 years ago to horrible news, holding two sheets of paper, Yuya’s letter, which she had hidden from everyone in the world but me, and her own letter.

Yuya…

I’ve lived to the fullest, just like you told me to. I couldn’t be happy though… How would I be able to, without you? The memories we share… I’ve cherished them this whole time. I couldn’t be happy without you, but I’ve tried. I know that you know all of this… You’re watching me after all, right? You’ve kept me safe this whole time, protecting me from above. You and I both know that it’s my time now. Please come get me soon.

Arigatou. Aieru.

Your sleeping beauty.

“Death isn’t the end to a relationship. It’s only an interruption. After all, they’ll meet in heaven again.” 

Tegoshi you, death confirmed. Tegoshi Yuya, death assumed.