Chapter 1

Take another chance on me

“Ship Jeom Manjeome Ship Jeom!” The seven boys yelled at the top of their lungs as sweat continued to run down their faces after hours after hours of training. In just a month or so, the dreams of each boy in that very room would finally be fulfilled on the very stage hundreds of singers sang on, thousands of dancers danced on, the stage could pretty much be their demise or crack into the ever so competitive world of stardom.

Jaebom’s eyes scanned the whole room in the dance studio’s mirror, he’s eyes focusing on the 6 pairs of eyes before him. Every single person in that room had a quirk that is quite distinctive to the group but adds to the charm created once compiled together into one group. The group that will be known by every single girl in Korea, the group called 2pm. Even with all these differences, they all shared something that powered their every belt, their every move in the dances they dance and will dance, and that is their passion for performing in front of the stage. 

One may question all that by the look they portray, but the eyes tell all and that all the eyes in the room carried out the same message. Grinning, he yelled at the top of his lungs to raise the enthusiasm within the room with a ‘louder!’ Causing the rest of the members to howl with all they’ve got, “Ship Jeom Manjeome Shim’ Jeom!!”

“One more time, I can’t hear you!” He stomped his foot down on the floor, turning his back against the mirror to look at them all with his arms raised up high. “SHIP JEOM MANJEME SHIP JEOM!!!” The boys went into a moment of psychotic enthusiasm as some fell to their knees whilst the others chest bumped each other.

The music came to a stop and all their attentions snapped to the door as a man stood there clapping with a smile planted on his face. He slowly made his way to the sweaty boys who bowed out of respect, shouting “Good Afternoon Park Jinyoung PDnim.” Taking a few bottles into his hands, he threw them one by one into the sweaty palms of the trainees. “Working hard aren’t you boys? I could hear your shouts from practice rooms away! I’m proud of you all. I do hope you continue to work this hard after you debut.”

“N-ne PDnim.” They all stuttered in unison as they gobbled the water down their throats. Despite his frequent check ups on the group of trainees over the past few months, Park Jin Young's presence still managed to intimidate the boys. Who wouldn't though? The respected founder and performer Park Jin Young has been in the business way before any of these boys took their first breath. The aura that surrounded him was strong enough to knock a full grown man to his knees, ok now that was a slight exaggeration especially if they were to look at JYP's fashion sense.

"Ok now I don't want to disturb you guys for too long, I just wanted to make sure all of you are safe and healthy, take a break alright? I expect you guys to get back to it after your 15 minute breather. That is all." The older man instructed with his small eyes examining everyone in the room individually, he paused looking at Jaebeom, causing him to shift his weight onto one foot nervously. Much to his relief Jaebeom received a nod of approval before seeing the man turn on his heel, walking out of the room quickly; the sound of his footsteps fading just as fast.

 

"Man he still scares me to this day, how does the noonas do it?" Changsung shuddered, wiggling his shoulders to relax himself garnering laughs from everyone else as they nodded sympathetically. Everyone soon scattered themselves around the studio doing whatever they could. Taecyeon was taking another one of his bizarre selcas, the maknae was pigging out like his life depended on it, Junsu had his ears plugged with earphones as he jammed to it quietly with closed eyes. Wooyoung continued to dance to some unknown beat that he probably created in his mind like always, the foreign prince that would soon capture all the girls hearts had his nose buried in a Korean book, trying to learn as much as he could before debuting.

 

Jaebeom's eyes darted to find the last member, Junho. He seemed to be browsing the web with his laptop as his face closed in on the screen. The familiar tune made his way to his ears and without further ado, he found his feet carrying him closer to the member so did everyone else except for Nickhun who didn't bother himself with things like this knowing he could catch up later. Everyone's eyes feasted on the nine girls who were dancing in synchronization. Collective whistles and hoots wafted around the boys as they continued to watch, shoving, pushing, even elbowing each other to get a better view of the screen.

 

"Damn, Yoona just gets prettier and prettier each time." Someone muttered as others complimented the girls.

 

"Tiffany's looking hella cute"

 

"Wonder how Taeyeon noona's taking this concept, I heard she didn't like doing aegyo" Wooyoung pipped in, quickly regretting it when the members started teasing him for he's little crush on the leader.

 

"Mmm, them legs are looking fine in those skinnies." Someone breathed, curiosity taking over him, Jaebeom turned around to see Junsu's face trained on the girl's legs. Rolling his eyes he turned back only to feel his breath catch at her face. Her skin much like all the other girls in the video was fair and smooth. The blue hat that nested on her brown hair. The rest unbound by the hat fell around her shoulders like a fluff of brown fur, it looked so soft, to the point where he had to resist the urge to reach out in an idiotic attempt to touch it. Don't get him started on her eyes, if he could he would have written a sole rap dedicated to describe how lovely they looked. She's beautiful. He thought, opening his mouth to ask who it was someone cut him off.

 

"What happened to Jessica's hair? It doesn't suit her at all." Ah so that's her name. He thought, nodding slightly to himself. He started drifting off as a hoard of questions circulated around his head. Was she American? Perhaps she lived in LA like he did. Was she older than him? What's her preference in guys? Does she dat- Quickly snapping out of it he looked at the time to see that the 15 minutes was almost up. "Yo guys, we better get back before he comes back to check on us." He commanded prying his way out of the small crowd. I'll research all this later.

 

 

Auther's Whisper:

Wow, ok I had like half of this typed up for over half a year and I started writing again- I didn't expect it to be so long. And well, this isn't edited so bare with me, I'll tinker with this later when I'm bothered(which is probably never so ha. Haha… ha.) I'll try to update more of- I'll try to update ok? No guarantee. Btw, the mv they were watching was Gee if you didn't know, trying to keep this somewhat realistic ya know? Anyways~ Comment about what you think, and subscribe if you like where this is going.