Final

Never Gonna Leave This Bed

 

“Kyungsoo-ah wake up,”

Kyungsoo cracked open his eyes and before closing them again, the sunlight blinding him. Wait, sunlight? My room never has sunlight seeping through the window… I am usually awake before the sunrises… ! Bolting up, warm blankets surround his body. “Work! I’m late for work!”He shouts across the room, Baekhyun jumps in surprise.

“Yah- don’t be so loud!”

“Baekhyun, I’m late for work! , why didn’t my alarm ring!?” He pats his pockets for his cell phone but finds nothing. Kyungsoo pauses and carefully inspects the spot where he had asleep last night. Rarely has he ever fallen asleep on the couch. K-Kai. The pizza boy’s name popped into his head as he sinks back into the couch. “Kai…” He mutters and mentally punches himself for falling asleep.

“It’s okay Kyungsoo, I called you in sick today. So relax, it’s a free day for you.” Baekhyun smiles at him before taking a bite of the left over pizza he held. Kyungsoo let out a frustrated sigh and roughly pulled the blankets over his head. He left without saying goodbye. Douche bag. He curls up into the fetal position and stares at the pattern on the blankets. Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders and walks back into the kitchen, leaving Kyungsoo alone.

 

 

 

 

It was noon by the time Kyungsoo finally got off the couch. He grumpily walks into the bathroom and remembers the bath Kai had gotten ready for him last night. “Psh, he thinks he can charm me with a bath and some pizza?” He bit his bottom lip, “Well, it worked.” Kyungsoo let his eyes gaze towards the bath tub and sighs. “I don’t want to see him ever again. He’ll only make me fall in love. I don’t have time for love. I have to work tomorrow anyways.”

“Kyungsoo-ah, we have a visitor!” Baekhyun shouts through the crack of the door.

His heart jumped at the mention of a visitor, and he quickly splashed water on his face before leaving to greet the visitor. Kai. I hope it’s Kai. A smile formed on his face as he entered the living room.

“Oh… hi Chanyeol.”

A tall dimpled face man waved excitedly at Kyungsoo. “Hi, Kyungsoo! I was wondering if it’s okay for me to take Baekhyun out for a date today?” His loud deep voice made Kyungsoo cringe in discomfort.

“Yeah… it’s fine with me. I’ll just stay home and watch some TV or something.” He gave Chanyeol a pressed smile.

“Thanks! I’ll make sure he’ll come home tonight in one piece. Well, he might be home tomorrow morning at the latest, I promise!” He laughed and wrapped an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders. The couple soon left, but not before Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo if he had eaten yet.

“No, not yet. I will make something when you guys leave.”

“Do you want me to drop off some food later for dinner?” Baekhyun hesitantly asked before closing the door.

“No, I’ll be fine. Thank you!” He gave Baekhyun a small smile and waved them both goodbye. The moment he shut the door, he slid down to the floor and closed his eyes. You have Chanyeol. And I have no one. Well, besides my work. But it’s okay Kyungsoo-ah, you don’t have time to fool around with a boy. No time at all. He then stood up to scourge through the fridge to see if he could cook something up.

He spent the rest of the day lazing on the couch, silently flipping through channels. Then there was a knock on the door. “Baekhyun you lazy bum, open the door yourself!” He shouted and threw a pillow at the door. The knocks continued to echo through the apartment and Kyungsoo finally got up to open it. “What the heck Baek-” His mouth dropped open as he realized it wasn’t Baekhyun, it was-

“Hi, Kyungsoo.”

“Kai?”

 

 

“Please don’t be mad Kyungsoo.” Kai had to push his body through the door and now he sulked on the floor of the living room.

“Get out,” Kyungsoo didn’t even know why he was so upset and mad about last night. Baekhyun had paid him to stay the night. Why am I feeling like this?

“I brought you dinner.”

Kyungsoo then noticed the bags Kai held in his hands. “What is it?”

“Well, I brought the ingredients for dinner. Tada~” He showed Kyungsoo the food and smiled brightly. “Baekhyun told me that you make the best spaghetti kimchi ever!”

 Kyungsoo tried to hold back a smile but couldn’t, Kai was in front of him and it filled him with a nice warm feeling inside. “Fine…” He pretended to grumble and Kai followed him into the kitchen.

 

 

 

An hour or so later, they sat at the dinner table, their silverware scraping against the ceramic plates. “So what do you like to do for fun when you’re not working Kyungsoo?” Kai asked before taking another bite of the spaghetti.

“Work, I don’t do anything else much. Well, besides watch TV when I want to relax.”

Kai shook his head in disbelief, eyes growing wider. “Lies! You must have a hobby!”

“Singing.”

“What?”

“I like to sing in the shower like normal people.” A blush creeped on Kyungsoo’s face as he buried himself into the pasta dish.

“Cool.”

“What? Just cool?”

“Yeah,” Kai chuckled and bit his bottom lip. “May I go use the bathroom?” Kyungsoo nodded a yes and shyly continued to finish his dinner. A couple of minutes later, Kai pops into the kitchen again and quietly called out Kyungsoo’s name.

“Yes?” He was just about to clear the table and wash the dishes.

“Your bath is ready.” Kai flashed him a smile and pushed him towards the bathroom just like last night.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo made sure to spray some of Baekhyun’s cologne on him before heading out to meet Kai. This time, he wasn’t asleep on the couch. He was up and alert, watching TV. Kyungsoo quietly slipped into the couch and nervously pulled the blankets from this morning over him. “You smell nice. Did you put lotion on?”Kai glanced over and scooted closer. He nodded a yes and shifted to put more distance between them. “Oh sorry, I forgot. You’re not used to skin ship.” He pouted and came closer.

“T-That’s close enough Kai.” Kyungsoo stuttered, getting a little lightheaded from how close Kai was getting to him.

“I’m tired. My back hurts from dancing. Can we sleep in your bed tonight?” He yawned before getting up.

“N-no.”

“Eh- too bad.” Kai laughed and picked Kyungsoo up along with the blankets.

“Ahh, let me down!” Kyungsoo shouted and struggled to get out of his grasp.

“Is it this room?” Kai asked and then read a sign, Kyungsoo’s Room. “Yes, yes it is.” He chuckled and opened the door before tumbling onto Kyungsoo’s bed.

“Y-you’re squishing me.” Kyungsoo closed his eyes and trembled underneath Kai’s body. “K-Kai?” There was no answer. “Are you asleep?”

“No, you smell nice.” Kai’s warm breath rushed up against Kyungsoo’s smooth pale neck. Goosebumps appeared on his body and his knees felt weak. Kai got up onto his elbows and looked at Kyungsoo’s face. “Is it okay for me to sleep here with you, like last night?” Kyungsoo turned away and his face felt hot.

“N-no.”

“Why?” Kai asked before moving both their bodies so that they lay comfortably on the pillows.

Kyungsoo hesitated, he didn’t want to develop these feelings for Kai any farther than what he already feels inside. “Go, it isn’t working. I can’t trust you, you’re just a stranger. Y-you left me last night. My friend paid you to stay. He probably paid you again tonight to keep me company.” He looked away in shame.

“Kyungsoo,” Kai softly said and titled his face back. “I wasn’t paid to stay with you tonight. I want to stay with you. I need you to trust me.” Kyungsoo frowned and pushed Kai off before walking towards the door.

“I just can’t . I don’t want to get hurt. I don’t want to fall for you. Pizza boy.” Tears welled up in his eyes before Kyungsoo opened the door.

“Come here.” Kai simply said. “Come here and I’ll never leave this place.”

Kyungsoo hesitated and could literally feel Kai staring at him. “K-Kai,”

“I’ll stay here.”  He silently got off the bed and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist. He pulled them both back onto the bed and tightened his hold.

“I’m scared. I’m scared that you’ll leave me again. Like last night.” Kyungsoo mumbled into his chest. Kai shook his head and reminded him of the words he spoke a few minutes ago. They spent the next hour softly speaking, getting to know each other.

“Kyungsoo, it’s okay to fall asleep.”

“No, I don’t want to. I’m afraid that I’ll wake up without you here. I can’t forget about last night...” He tiredly spoke in a gravelly voice. Kai then looked down and saw that he had fallen asleep anyways. I don’t want to leave this bed, I don’t want to leave you. He smiled and lightly traced Kyungsoo’s sharp nose and cheek bones. The perfection of your face slows me down. Time ticked by and Kai sleepily glanced at the clock, it was the middle of the night and he brushed Kyungsoo’s bangs out of his face. “Kyungsoo,” He softly said in his deep voice.

“Mhmm?” Kyungsoo opened his eyes a crack. “What is it?” He rubbed his eyes and smiled up at Kai. “Are you hungry again?”

“I just wanted to tell you something.”

“What is it then?”

Kai leaned in and placed a sweet kiss on Kyungsoo’s lips before saying, “I will never walk away again. I’m never gonna leave this bed.”