Chapter 25.

Numbed.

 

Wednesday; 18 July 2012

 

Someone was shaking me gently to wake me up. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my eyes, only to see a Jung Daehyun smiling innocently at me. I was about to shout at him when he put his hand over my mouth. He pointed to the others and I realised that they were still sleeping. 

He pointed to me then the bathroom. I nodded, getting what he was trying to say. He flicked my forehead lightly and went out of the room. Aish you idiot! I slipped my hand under my pillow to get my phone. 

It's only 5am! Why did he wake me up so early? I only slept for 3hours! I groaned softly and tossed my phone back onto the bed. I got up and went into the bathroom to wash up. 

The icy cold water in the morning managed to make me feel more awake. I went out of the room after washing up. 

Daehyun was still at the dining table, studying. 

"You didn't sleep at all!?" My eyes widened in shock. He just shook his head, not taking his eyes off his books. I went over and closed the book, with his hands still in it. 

He looked up and met eyes with me. "Go and sleep." I ordered. "No." He retorted like a kid. "Go. Now." I said firmly and pointed at the couch. "If I'm planning to sleep, I wouldn't have woke you up in the first place." 

"Why did you even wake me up?" 

"Because I miss you." Awww, that cutie. 

I made a disgusted face and pointed at the couch again. "Yes madam, I will go and sleep now." He gave up and stood up, walking over to the couch. I helped him packed his things up and washed the cup. 

I placed the cup back onto the rack and walked over to the couch. He looks cute when he's sleeping. I smiled to myself and went into the room to grab my blanket. 

I gently covered him with it and sat down at the other couch. Now what do I do.... I was staring at the ceiling, waiting for some answers to pop out. Oh! I can study for the final exams! School have not finished teaching all the topics tested for the final exams but I could revise those taught earlier in the year, since I have nothing to do. 

I went into the room to take my bag and spreaded the whole table with my books and notes. Let's go! Fighting! 

***** 

"Yeojin? Why are you up so early?" 

"Yeojin? Aish." 

I jumped when someone knocked on my head. 

"What was that for!?" I rubbed my head and stared at the person who hit me. 

"I'm your oppa and you talk to me like that!?" 

"Oops, sorry Himchan oppa." I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Where are you up so early?" 

"There was a small test today so I woke up earlier to study for it." I lied. I can't possibly tell him it was Daehyun who woke me up. 

"Nerd." I rolled my eyes at his comment. "Why are you up so early then?" 

"To prepare breakfast duh. Me and Yongguk have to meet our producer today." 

"For?" 

"Manager hyung sent Yongguk a text yesterday saying that we will be having a comeback and we need to start preparing for it. Are you going to have breakfast today?" 

"Yes I'm going to. Please prepare my share. Thank you Himchan oppa!" I beamed at him. 

"Aigo, Yeojin is so cute." He approached me and pinched my cheek. 

I swatted his hand away and stared at him. 

"Tch." 

I stuck my tongue out at him and continued studying. 

*****

"Yah! Get rid of your stuffs! Where do I put the plates when all your notes and books are scattered all over the table?!" Himchan yelled at me. 

I scowled at him and began collecting all my notes and books. I packed them into my bag and placed my bag on the couch. 

"Ouch!" Oops, I forgot he was sleeping there. 

"Daehyunnie? Where are you sleeping there?" He looked at Daehyun suspiciously. Daehyun shot a glare at me and I smiled innocently. 

"I was studying last night hyung." 

"Another nerd." Himchan muttered and turned his attention back to the omelette he was making. 

Daehyun ignored him and stood up, pulling me into his arms and kissed my forehead swiftly. "Good morning beautiful." He softly whispered and let go of me, in case Himchan turned around and saw us. 

The reason why we didn't want to let anyone know about us is because the company clearly stated that dating was strictly not allowed.

He went into the room and left me standing there, dazed. I was still slowly adapting to the sweet side of Daehyun but every small action of his never fail to make my heart flutter. 

"Yeojin! Come and eat! Breakfast is ready." Himchan sung. I snapped out of my trance and walked over to the dining table. Smells good! 

I decided to have breakfast today because I didn't really eat anything yesterday and my gastric was starting to hurt a little when I woke up. It was a miracle I survived throughout the whole of yesterday. 

"Thank you Himchan oppa!" I wolfed down the omelette, not caring whether it's hot or not. 

"Are you... that hungry?" I looked up and saw Himchan looking at me with his mouth slightly open. 

I nodded. "The apple was the only thing I ate yesterday." I stood up and went over the sink to wash the plate. 

"Yeojin, take your meals regularly. It's not good for your health if you skip your meals." He nagged. He really sounded like a mother. 

"Yes, umma." I jokingly replied. I put the plate back onto the rack and went into the room to change into my uniform. 

*****

From: Daehyun

Lessons are boring! I miss you, beautiful. :( 

I took a glance at the teacher before sending a reply. 

To: Daehyun

Pay attention in class! If not you have to stay up again to catch up your work! 

From: Daehyun

Aren't you going to say you miss me too or maybe you love me? 

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from laughing. 

To: Daehyun

I miss you too and I love you, okay? Now stop using your phone! 

From: Daehyun

You sound as if I forced you to say that... 

To: Daehyun

Yah Jung Daehyun

From: Daehyun

Fine, see you after school! I love you. :*

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and smiled to myself. 

"Yeojin, is this format a creditor or debtor account?" Mrs Jung, our Accounts teacher asked me. Her voice was a bit annoyed. Maybe she saw me using my phone... 

I could feel that everyone in class had their eyes on me. "It's a creditor account." Mrs Jung turned back to the board and continued with her lesson. 

I picked up my pen and copied down the notes that she wrote on the board when I was distracted by my phone. 

*****

To: Yuna

I won't be going down to the cafeteria. I'm heading to the roof garden. See you and the others at practice later on! 

I slipped my phone back into my pocket after sending the text to Yuna. I made my way up to the roof garden. I liked going there because there's hardly anyone around and it's really peaceful. 

Since when was there a bench here? I shrugged and went over to sit down. I stuffed my hands into the pocket of my blazer and stared into space. 

Out of a sudden, my vision went black and I realised that a pair of hands was covering my eyes. 

"What are you doing here? Aren't you hungry? You have to eat." 

"Yah, Jung Daehyun, take your hands off." I jokingly snapped at him. He removed his hand and walked over to sit beside me. 

I turned and looked at him, puzzled that he didn't say a word when he should be babbling away. 

He was just sitting there, with his hands in his pocket, looking up at the sky. 

"Stop staring at me, I know I'm hard to resist." He said seductively and winked at me. 

I pretended to gag then shuddered. He just smiled, knowing that I was just joking around with him. 

He scooted closer to me and put his arm around my shoulder. I rested my hand against his shoulder and closed my eyes. 

It feels as though time had stopped for the both of us. I love you, Jung Daehyun. Even though I may not really act like it, I really do. 

*****

 

UPDATE! ^^

ENJOY~

 

All gifs used belongs to their respective owners! ^^