Getting To Know You

I'll Be Your Superhero

"So where do you want to go next? New York? The Alps? Maybe London?" VIXX asked as we sat on the edge of a building, swinging our legs.

"Whoa, slow down there superhero. How about we just enjoy Paris, France for now? Besides, I really like the air around here... It's really light and fluffy.. not like at home," my voice trailed off as I mentioned home.

VIXX looked at me intently as I stared somberly down at the Parisians enjoying the night. He took his hand and tilted my head up, making me look him in the eyes. I could feel my heart skip a beat as I gazed into his soft blue eyes. I have to say... blue eyes look amazing on a guy like him. Wait, what am I saying? VIXX squinted his eyes as if he were searching for something in mine.

"Were you crying?" He asked, cupping my cheeks in his hands. He gently brushed his thumbs over my eyes as I closed them. "Your eyes are swollen."

"Uh, um," I stammered and backed away from him, precariously close to the edge.

VIXX's eyes widened in surprise, and he hopped off the edge, floating in the air. He moved in front of me and positioned me so I would fall. He then grasped my shoulders with both his hands, steadying me.

"Be careful. I don't want you getting hurt," he said sternly.

"Oh, uh, thanks," I said, trying not to make eye contact.

"Trust me," he smiled. "I'll protect you. But try not to get yourself in too much danger, okay?"

I nodded. He titled his head curiously and continued squinting his eyes at me.

"So, let's talk about our feelings. Why are you so... um... down?" He looked down at the ground ironically, seeing as we were at least four stories up.

I sighed loudly and leaned forward, propping my elbows up on my knees.

"It's complicated. You wouldn't want to hear about it," I mumbled.

"Jin Hee, I'm a twenty-two year old guy with super powers," VIXX laughed. "I think I can handle a little story time with you."

"How do you know my name? I never told you..." My eyes rounded in surprise.

"I'm your superhero," he beamed. "Of course I know your name."

"Okay... well, the only reason I was crying was because of my brother. It's just... he never yelled at me before. We always bicker and tease each other... but not once did he yell at me," I began. I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I was overreacting or..."

"Or maybe he really hit a sensitive area in your feelings," VIXX nodded understandingly. "What did he yell at you about?"

"He told me to grow up. He told me to stop fantasizing about my dream guy and be more practical. He wants me to be a mature, grown up woman who's serious about guys, but I don't want to grow up. I just want to live my childhood... just a little longer," I stared off into space. "He told me that guys who are like superheroes don't exist... superheroes don't exist."

VIXX scoffed playfully.

"I'm here," he said.

"I guess you are," I laughed.

"So, Ms. Jin Hee, how about we go enjoy our childhoods together and go play like children in Paris?" VIXX bowed and held his hand out.

Giggling, I took his hand and he floated the two of us down to the ground. Together we skipped around the town square, eating croissants, following mimes, and staring down at the couples riding the gondolas. I listened to the gondola rowers sing their beautiful song. My heart swooned when ever I heard music. VIXX took noticed as I closed my eyes intently and lightly swayed to the French serenade.

VIXX smiled and out of nowhere, he lifted me up and we flew over to an empty gondola. I watched as he sat me down and ask the gondola rower to sit down, too. Not knowing what to do, the Parisian obliged. VIXX took the paddle and began to serenade us in Korean. He sung it softly and sweetly, but I could still feel the upbeat, pop feel to it. It seemed really familiar... like I had heard the lyrics somewhere before...

"Achilachil fantastic
Wonhaneun sesang modu nikkeoya
Nan modeun geol da hal su it-janha mwol wonhae
Neon nal mideo oh nae-ga neol jikyeo girl oh~

Alps-eueseo achimeul majko london-euro ka
(mwodeunji ganeung-hae)
Gibuni eottae jiku wiiro fly
(ije shijagil ppunya.
)

Breathtaking and Fantastic
The world you want is all yours
I can do anything, what do you want?
Trust me, oh I will protect you girl

Face the morning in the Alps and then fly to London (anything is possible)
How do you feel about flying over the earth? (this is just the beginning)"

Once he was done with his song, he traded places with the gondola rower and sat down next to me. He grinned from ear to ear, looking at me ecstatic.

"So how was I?" VIXX asked, chuckling.

"Parfait," I said in French.

"Oh, ho, mademoiselle, parlez-vous Francais?" VIXX responded.

"I have no idea what you just said. I barely pay attention in French class," I said bluntly before bursting into laughter. "So, according to what you sang, you'll do anything I want, right?"

"Sure," he perked. "Hit me with you best shot."

"Tell me about yourself," I propped my chin onto my hands, looking at him intently. "I want to know everything."

"Okay. Well, I was born on June thirtieth, nineteen ninety. I love the colors red and black. My sign is Cancer. I'm one hundred and seventy-nine centimeters tall, and my blood type is A," he said.

"What kind of person do you like? Do you have a girlfriend?"

He smirked and leaned towards me, causing me to jump. My heart nearly leaped out of my heart if my body didn't hold it back.

"What? Are you interested in me?"

"N-no!" I rejected, my face turning a deep red.

"I'm kidding," he chuckled, leaning away. "No, I'm not dating anyone right now. I'm waiting for that special someone. And... I like everyone! Well, everyone minus the bad people that is. But there's one type of person I really like, though."

"What is the person like?"

"Well, there funny. They're really cute. They often bicker with their siblings. They're kind of childish. I hear they like superheroes. I also heard they got really upset after a fight and cried until their eyes were really swollen, just because they were told to grow up. Most of all, I would do anything for her. She has a special place i n my heart."

"She sounds fascinating," I cooed, completely oblivious to the fact that it was me he was speaking of. "I hope you'll introduce her to me someday! We could totally hang out."

"Hah," VIXX chuckled loudly and scratched his head. "Never mind."

There was an awkward silence between us. I frowned and pouted angrily at him.

"What?" He asked, looking at my unpleased expression.

"What's your real name?" I grumbled, raising an eyebrow.

"Hah," he laughed. "Call me N."

"There you go with the fake names again!" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No! Really! It's my name. Well, my stage name anyway. I'm in a band," he explained. "So just call me N from now on."

"Okay then," I said. 

"So, Jin Hee, tell me more about yourself. I already know lots, but I want to know more," N asked, mocking my head propped position.

"Well, my birthday is on April sixth, nineteen nintey-two. I like to read. Especially superhero stories. I'm turning twenty soon along with my fraternal twin brother, Ken. My blood type is AB. I like blue. I am an Aries. And I never want to grow up!" I laughed.

"You're really funny," N chuckled.

"What's that mean?" I asked, looking at him with a serious expression.

"Well, I mean, you said you never want to grow up. You know, you have to grow up sometime. You can't be a kid forever. Sure being a kid is fun, but adulthood always comes ne-."

"You sound just like my brother," I said in disbelief. I shook my head and told the rower to stop the gondola. "I can't believe I'm getting another lecture on growing up. Why doesn't anyone understand that I don't want to?"

I angrily stomped off of the gondola and walked away. N hurriedly thanked the rower and paid him before running after me. He grabbed my wrist and turned me around. I glared at him and yanked my wrist away before running off.

"Wait! Jin Hee! Let's talk about this, please?" N shouted after me, completely forgetting about his superpowers.

"No! I don't need another lecture. You are just like my brother," I growled, running off.

I sped ahead, not looking back. As I ran across the street, N was stopped when a car crossed his path, nearly hitting him. He sheepishly apologized to the man who was cursing him out in French. N grimaced as he watched my back disappearing into the dark night.

Please stay safe, Jin Hee... wait for me... N sighed as he apologized once more to the man.


Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Oh, Jin Hee... where are you headed now :I