Chapter 1 || Love at first sight

Forgotten Silver

|| Jonghyun's POV ||

"Jonghyun-ah! Hurry up or you'll be late for school!"

 

"I know, I know!" I shouted back as a reply to my mother's nagging.

 

I hurriedly button up my school uniform and paused when I saw the silver necklace around my neck. A small locket was hung at the bottom with "K.K" carved on it in the middle. What does it stand for? I have completely, utterly no idea. My mother said it was already around my neck when she adopted me. I'm an orphan. My 'mother' told me that my parents died in a car accident.

 

I sighed for the umpteenth time and took my bag, heading down for breakfast before it's too late.

 

For some strange and odd reason, I felt that today is going to be an awesome day.

 


 

|| Key's POV ||

 "Master Key, Mr and Mrs Johnson left for work already."

 

They left without me again... "Get ready the car, I'm skipping breakfast today." I said to one of the many butlers in the house.

 

After he left, I stood up and walked towards my desk. Picking up an information sheet, I scoffed. "Why in the world would a school ask transfer students to where their old school uniform?" I mumbled as I glanced down at my old uniform. I sighed and took my backpack.

 


 

||  No one's POV ||

As students rushed in the gates of Seoul's Music Academy, a black Mercedes stopped in front of it.

 

Murmurs were heard as the students kept staring at the mysterious black car. Suddenly, a figure stepped out and gasps filled the air.

 

"Is he the transfer student from New York?"

 

"Oh my god! Look at his uniform, he's from New York Academy of Arts! That's the school with school fees that hits more than a million dollars!"

 

Key ignored the stares he got from the students and made his way towards the entrance.

 

Walking towards the general office, he looked around the hallway, taking in every single detail. Not bad, for a school which haven't been renovated for decades. He thought.

 

"I'm the new transfer student. I'm here to take my schedule for today's lessons." Key said as he reached the office. The lady sitting at the back of the desk stared at him for approximately a minute, before handling him a sheet of paper. "Head to the music room located at the third level." The lady said. Key forced out a smile and thanked her before walking away. Great, the first day of school and I already met a weird old lady. Key thought sarcastically. "I still have time... Let's wander around..." Key muttered as he glanced at his watch.

 


 

|| Jonghyun's POV ||

"! 3 minutes more before the gate closes." I muttered as I ran full speed along the walk way. Thank god. I thought as I saw the school from not far away. I slowed down when I finally made it inside the school grounds and walked to my group of friends. "Hyung! You're finally on time!" Taemin said as he jogged towards me. "Yeah. Anything happened while I was gone?" I asked as I panted.

 

"Well the new transfer student came and went in the school just a few minutes ago and to tell you the truth, the girls are already going crazy over him. They are already planning what to call themselves for the fan club they are going to create. Oh and Mrs Choi wants you to see her." Taemin said as we walked in the glass doors with my another friend, Onew.

 

We bid our goodbyes and separated after a while of strolling around the hallway. "Mrs Choi!" I shouted as I saw the familiar back of my music teacher.
 

"Oh, Jonghyun! I'm sorry for bothering you so early in the morning. But I need to you to do something for me." She said as I jogged towards her. "Sure, I'm free anyway." I replied. "Thanks. You do know that there is a transfer student today right? I need you to pass him this forms. I also need you to bring him around the school and show him around the facilities we have here. Oh and remind him to inform the office which instrument he wants to take up during the special class." Mrs Choi said and passed me a set of forms. "But Mrs Choi, that transfer student was accepted here for his piano skills right? Then won't the school automatically set him in the piano class?" I asked.

 

"Oh about that, I heard from the principal said that he is a prodigy at a lot of other instruments like the guitar, violin and cello. I heard that his adoptive parents are the owners of the Johnson's Music Academy too. Oh! I have to go for a meeting right now, see you later in music class!" Mrs Choi said before hurrying off.

 

Adoptive? So he's an orphan too... I thought. Just as I was going to turn around, something or should I say someone knocked me from behind, causing me to fall forward because of the impact. I hissed slightly as I rubbed my elbow. "Ouch..." I heard from behind me. I pushed myself up from the tiled floor and looked behind, only to see the back of a stranger. He had shoulder-length straight blonde hair and I was sure he wasn't wearing the school's uniform. "U-Uh... Are you the new transfer student?" I asked hesitantly. The boy stopped rubbing his knee and turned around.

 

For the first time in my 18 years of life did I ever choked on my own saliva.

 

The boy was simply... beautiful. He had a shockingly pale face, chestnut brown feline eyes, high cheekbones, button-like nose and pink heart-shaped lips. But for some reason, he looked really familiar. It was as if I had seen him before. I snapped out of my dreamy state when he started talking. "Yeah..." He said and stood up, dusting off his pants in the process.

 

I was about to daze out again but was reminded of the task Mrs Choi passed to me. "H-Here are some forms I was told to pass to you. The one regarding the special class after school, you'll have to submit it by the end of the day. And I... uh... Was told to bring you around the school..." I mumbled out. He stood there staring at me for a while. "It's okay, you don't have to bring me around. I'll walk around the school myself. Thanks anyway." The boy said and walked away.

 

 

 

God... Is this love at first sight?