It's Not Him

Gone But Not Forgotten

SooYoungs’ POV:

Already in the 3rd semester of school, just a normal day, I think.

“SooYoung…” I heard mom knocking on my door.

“In a minute mom, almost finished.”

“Ok, I already prepared your breakfast.”

“Ne, gomawo.”

As I was finished preparing for school, I headed to the dining room.

“Eat up….” Mom said. I nod at her and ate. When I was done, I bade goodbye to her and walked to school.

 

I was already in the room. As usual, my classmates were staring at me.

“What?” I just said and they all went back to their own businesses. I just shook my head and went to my seat.

*bell rang* ‘Already time? So quick. Arg..’

“Good morning class, go back to your seats.” Our mentor said as she clepped her hands twice.

“You have a new classmate.. He originally lived here in Korea but migrated in US.” My best friend? I hope so, he also migrated to US.

I was so excited to see who the guy is, hoping it was oppa.

“Please do come in.” I was anticipating for the guy….and….

“Anyeonghaseyo, naneun Lee DongHae imnida.” I heard him say. ‘Ah.. it’s not oppa.’ I just ignored the guy and looked outside by the window.

As usual, my girl classmates were doing the giggling thing again. Gross.

“Mr. Lee, you can sit with Ms. Choi SooYoung..” our mentor said. Choi SooYoung.. SooYoung, that’s me! I was about to look at our mentors’ direction but the DongHae guy was already in front of me.

“Are you SooYoung?”

“A-ah.. ne.” he sat beside me and put his bag on the hanger on the side of the table. I moved away little too far from him but he suddenly spoke up.

“I’m DongHae, nice meeting you.” He lifted his hand, meaning to say he’s asking for a shake hand. I just looked at him and smiled.

“Yeah yeah, I heard you introduce yourself earlier.” After I said those things, I didn’t face him anymore, didn’t even do the shake hands and just looked at our mentor. She was already starting the lecture.

“SooYoung, please answer the problem on the chalkboard.” I did what our mentor said. I stood up and went in front to answer the problem, arithmetic. I was finished answering it but our mentor let me explain it.

“The equation an=a1+(1-d) will do get the answer.” I simply said.

“Ok, thank you SooYoung.” I saw my classmates, their faces were in awe. I got used to it.

“Hey, you’re good.” This DongHae guy said.

“Yeah, I know.”

 

Donghae’s POV:

Lunch break. I went to the cafeteria and bought some food. As I got the food, I looked for the basketball court.

“Ahm, where’s the basketball court?” I asked a girl who was sitting on the isle.

“I-it’s there, by the pole.”

“Gomawo.” I said and bowed at her. I went to where the girl had told me, and there! I saw some students playing. I just watched them as I eat my food, but suddenly the ball went pass by me. I pick it up and pass it to the guy--he’s tall, masculine.

“Hi…” he suddenly said.

“Wanna join?” one of them again said.

“Can I?”

“Of course, why not.” I did joined them play. I heard girls screaming inside the court but just ignored them. Maybe they were screaming for the hotties I’m playing with.

“Hey, you already got fan girls huh.” The tall guy said.

“Huh?”

“Okay, let’s rest.” The other guy said. I ignored what he said and went to my bag, which is just nearby theirs.

“You’re a transferee right?”

“Ah.. yeah. By the way, I’m Lee DongHae. Thanks for letting me play with you.”

“No problem hyung. And I’m SiWon, from sophomore.” ‘ohhhh…’ I just said in my mind.

“I’m KiBum.”

“I’m EunHyuk.”

“Choi MinHo here.”

“Onew.”

“Key.”

“Ryeo Wook.”

They were all good looking guys.

“Nice meeting you all.” We started walking heading to the building.

“Hyung, do you want to join the basketball team? We still need a member, and plus, you really play well.” The Key guy said.

“Oh, that would be a pleasure.” And we all bade goodbye to each other. I looked to my next room. Subject, ARTS.

 

SooYoungs’ POV:

Arts subject. At last, can get rid of that guy.

“mentor clapped* “Ok class, you have a new classmate in this subject.”

Oh no, don’t tell me it’s him!

“Anyeonghaseyo, Lee DongHae imnida.” I heard that voice again. I saw him whisper to our mentor and our mentor just smiled and nod. This DongHae guy was walking heading to me, or maybe just in our row. But no, he’s really heading to me. The girls started to giggle. I looked at my side, no student. I looked at him but he just smiled. I quickly took my bag and put it beside me.

“No space.” I saw his face look at me, weirdly.

“Yes, there is.” And he put my bag on my desk, in front of me.

“Yah!” I suddenly burst out.

“Ms. Choi, is there a problem?”

“A-ah, nothing. Jwesuimnida.” I looked at him again, but now with a glare.

“Yah, you can sit somewhere else. Not here.” I said, but now with a low voice.

“Sorry, but I want to sit here.”

“Arg…” I’ll be spending the remaining 2 hours, no, ‘til the end of school year with him sitting beside me.. Aish..!

 

DongHaes’ POV:

I sure see that this Choi SooYoung girl is weird.

*bell rang* “Ok class, you can go.” We all stood up and headed outside the room. But the SooYoung girl glared at me before she walked away.

“Hey, wait!” but she just continued walking, so I followed her. She always look back at me, but I will just smile at her.

“Yah, why are you following me?!”

“Ah.. I just wanna be friends?”

“Don’t care!” and she continued walking.

“Stop following or else I’ll….” She suddenly stopped on her track.

“Ah.. you’ll what?” she looked at me, I looked at her too.

“Just stop following me.”

“Ok, I’m sorry.” And she walked away.

“Hyung!” I looked back and saw the 7 sophomore guys I met earlier, my new friends.

“Why are you following SooYoung noona?” SiWon asked.

“Oh, I just wanted to be friends with her.”

“Friends?” EunHyuk suddenly said and then they all started laughing.

“Why are you laughing guys?” I said, curiously.

“Hyung, you’re one of the craziest people I’ve ever met.” EunHyuk said, who was already teary eyed ‘cause of laughing.

“And why?”

“You want to be friends with her hyung? You want to get injured?”

“Injured? Why?” they all calm their selves. “Ok ok, look. Why are you saying that do I want to get injured, why? What’s with her?”

“Hyung, no one had ever tried to ask to be her friend. If someone do, they surely go to the hospital.”

“I still don’t get it KiBum.”

“Hyung, she’s a taekwondo athlete. And she’s really strong. She don’t want to have friends. We don’t know the reason behind.” Suddenly Key explained.

“Oh, is that so. I’m not scared of her.”

“Hyung, we’ve heard it a hundred times already.” Onew said teasingly.

“Hai, ok ok. I’ll go now. Take care guys.”

“Good bye hyung!” they all said, chorally.