A Big Ask

Not a Tale (rewriting)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Notes: Hi! Finally I manage to update the first chapter. It took me two days to make sure I wrote quite a long chapter, well my aim is at least 2000 words for chapter. Oh, I need to mention that there are changes in character’s name so to the old readers, hope you don’t get confused. Hope you enjoy the story. 

A woman with a neat hair bun slumped her body on a chair in her own room while letting a relief sigh. Her name - Lee Eunji was visible on a name tag attached to her black fitted blazer, showing to others about her identity. A well known and respective person at her workplace but she knew herself better. For her, she was nothing like other people had described.

She pushed her pair of black spectacles with gold frame on her nose bridge upward, feeling completely relieved yet exhausted after running an hour long of theraphy session with her own patient. Well, not exactly a patient as she wasn't a psychiatrist, but as she's qualifed to be one, she was able to run unofficial theraphy sessions in the campus. It was a part of charity programs of her university where she worked at, and she actively joined it as she thought it would be nice to do some kind acts to others especially students.

Eunji massaged her temples, slightly winced as a headache started to visit her after awhile. She could feel her energy almost drained slowly, and her muscles weren’t helping at all as they began to ache here and there. For a forty-year-old lady like her, it was quite too early to feel tiredness easily since the clock was only about to hit 11 in the morning. But, it wasn't a normal day for her, a very special day until she almost decided not to come to work in that morning.

To others, it was just a normal weekday, but for her, it was one of tiring days of the week. She hated to admit that she wasn’t looking forward for the day he had an appointment with her, but she couldn't be picky on choosing people that needed her help. After all, out of all people who came for the theraphy sessions, he was the person that she needed to prioritize. She couldn’t let him continued trapping himself in his own world. He must escaped from the dark, from his own cocoon, but when days passed, she knew that she almost at her limit.

On that moment, she became the one who needed help.

The pressure and expectations from them had took its toll and sometimes she could feel her brain exhausted for over thinking of the most effective ways to save him. Eunji still believed that she had to save him, but she couldn't do it all alone. And, finally she reached out to her - someone she could trust, trying to request thing that almost impossible to do by her own.

After giving a thought, Eunji decided that the she must called her over after the session with him. No matter how tired she was, the sooner she met that particular person, the faster the problem could be solved.

And she believed that person could do the thing that she almost gave up with.

 

The clock on the wall chimed soundly, letting her to know that it was already 11 o'clock. Which meant that person she had been invited over would come in any time. She waited nervously on her seat while kept on tapping the table's top with a pen in her hand. She tried to look  composed and less nervous, her lips to moisturize before almost jumped in surpise when she heard a soft knock on door.

Finally. Eunji put down the pen and flicked it aside. After pulling down her blazer to ready herself, she cleared and responded.

“Come in.”

In the next seconds, a familiar face popped behind the door. A wide smile spread on her face, obviously showed how glad she was when seeing that face which she had waited for awhile.

That person - a girl in soft creamy beige cardigan, with a white and pink roses pattern dress underneath came in before shutting the door quietly. She twirled her body to meet Eunji's eyes before returning her smile back. Despite of her body being uncooperatively tired, Eunji threw a soft gaze and gestured the girl to sit on the chair in front of her. The girl slowly approached her and dragged the chair before plopped her body on top.

“How are you, miss?” She asked and continued beaming.

“Nothing better than you, Haneul.”

Eunji replied and quickly walked to the place where she put all her mugs and drinks nearby. She chose two of her favorite mugs and placed on a tray.

“Are you okay with hot tea? I should've boiled water earlier but please forgive my forty years old brain for being forgetful.” Eunji bashfully smiled and poured the tea into the cups after the girl nodded.

“I’m okay with anything. Besides, being 40 is nothing to be ashamed. I believe that 40 is the age when a woman becomes a woman, miss. Don’t you teach us that before?” She replied with a hint of playfulness.

Eunji chuckled and walked back to her seat, carefully bringing tray of mugs together. “I did? Oh, you seem like having a good memory, Haneul.”

She then placed the mugs on top of the table between both of them. “As expected from my genius student.”

A soft laugh was heard from Haneul. “You always compliment me a genius, but I’m not even close being one, miss. I think, Jung Daehyun is way better than me.”

“But I have to admit that you have a better understanding of people’s feeling than him. He’s too rigid. I swear that sometimes I feel like having an interrogation rather than a mock therapy session." She lifted her mug to sip."I guess, he can become a good police officer. The criminals will admit their crimes to him soon after the first sentence comes out from his mouth."

"I will make sure mentioning to him, miss."

Hanuel responded teasingly, knowing well that her favorite lecturer just joked. Her lecturer always cracked jokes even in the middle of class. That's why most of the students loved to attend her class, not to mention, having a friendly lecturer like her really helped them with their grades.

"Anyway, what can I help you with, miss?" She threw her question casually, but she caught a worried look showed by Eunji.

"Is it about my grade or the project that I need to present on next week? I believe that the email that I..."

Eunji cut her words by letting a soft but audible sigh out. Her stude

Please log in to read the full chapter