Imagine at the mall

Imagine at the mall

 

IMAGINE. You’re at the mall shopping, and your friend just left because she had to pick up her dad from the airport. You’re walking alone, and you’re only window-shopping since you lost all lust for shopping when your friend left you. You decide to stay a little longer anyway, because your bus doesn’t leave for another hour. You walk past a busy café, but after noticing the delicious scent of freshly brewed coffee you enter the little shop, and order a latte. Upon sitting down you notice that the café offers karaoke. You smile to yourself, and think to yourself that going inside was indeed a good decision. You quietly sit there, occasionally sipping on your mouth-watering beverage. Suddenly, you hear a familiar voice over the speaker system.
“I’m curious about something, is it my turn already?”
     You have had the stage on your left side, not bothering to look at the participants, satisfied only hearing their voices, until now. You quickly turn your head, wanting confirmation that your mind only played a mean trick on you. But indeed, it was Wooyoung. You feel your cheeks redden, because actually seeing Wooyoung was something you had only ever daydreamed of before. You sit there, watching his every move on stage, listening to the sweet sound of his singing, wishing it would never end. But of course the song comes to an end, and Wooyoung bows quickly before leaving the stage. He starts talking to his friend, and you turn back your head and start focusing on drinking your latte without spilling anything. In your mind you go over two possibilities. One: approaching Wooyoung and asking him for his autograph and maybe even a hug. Or two: just letting him walk past you, not wanting to disturb him.
     But before you can make up your mind, Wooyoung accidentally trips (he was tripped by his friend) and kind of crashes into your table. Luckily you were holding your latte at the time, so no harm was done. Even so, Wooyoung begins to apologize, and while doing so sits down opposite you. Without you really noticing, you begin talking about something else than the fact that Wooyoung almost ruined your clothes, and somehow your mind is cooperating with you, letting you talk freely with him. No stuttering, no mentioning of you being a big fan of him, or you in anyway making a fool of yourself.
     After fifteen minutes of you two casually chitchatting, Wooyoung’s friend shows up yet again. He reminds Wooyoung that he has a schedule to attend to, and Wooyoung turns back to you.
“I have to go now, but I really want to talk to you some more. I’m curious about something… your email address.”
     Once again you can feel your cheeks turning a deep shade of red, but you quickly conjure a pen from your purse and write down your email on a napkin. You hand it to him, and he smiles. His smile makes your mind go blank, and you can’t think of a single thing other than his smile as he stands up. When you believe he’s going to start walking, he begins dancing his way out of the café, in such a way that he makes you (and everyone else in the café) believe that you had made him incredibly happy. You stay seated, and through the window you see him make a heart-shape using his hands. His friend notices this, begins laughing and smacks Wooyoung at the back of his head. Wooyoung acts as if this hurts immensely as the two leave the mall. You stay in the café, still not sure if what just happened was real or not. You pick up your phone to check the time only to find that Wooyoung already had sent you an email.