60 Seconds

60 Seconds.

The pitter patter sound of the rain early in the morning dissapointed me. Why must it rain on a day like this? Im soo bored. I wanted to go to the beach, enjoy some fresh air, clear my thoughts away, but since its raining theres nothing I can do, but to stay home, do absoloutly nothing and...

 

*Neomu banjjak banjjak nuni busheo no no no no..* 

"Hello?" I answer answered my phone

 

"Yah, Hana! Lets go out! Im booooored" It was Hayley, my bestfriend, she's always bored.

 

"Hey Hayley, im bored too, what do you have in mind?"

 

"I donno.. Rock climbing? oh wait, its raining.."

 

we thought hard, and suddenly it hit us.

 

"ICE SKATINGGG!!" we both said simultaneously

 

 

We both agreed to meet each other near the ice rink at 2.00PM. When i arrived at 2.05PM i searched for Hayley, no sign of her. Aigoo this girl, forever late. I stared at the ice rink, i can feel the cold air due to the ice. I saw couples holding hands and skating together wahhh so sweet, man, i wish i was like that I heard somebody panting behind me. I turned around and found Hayley panting hard and perspiring. I stared at her.

"I. I. ran here" she explained, panting, i rolled my eyes and laughed "Kaja! Lets go!"

 

We took the 2PM till 4PM shift,changed to our skating boots, locked our bags in the locker and set for the rink. Since its our first time skating, we were excited but worried.

"I dont know if i can balance out there" Hayley said while looking at her boots. I was too worried to say anything but managed to give her a small smile. We stared at the rink, there were many people there.

 

I held Hayley's hand, "Lets go"

 

We took our first steps, its gonna be okay its gonna be okay, its simple, simple I told myself. "See! its not that bad! lets try moving!" Hayley exclaimed and pulled my hands "Woah woah slow down!" I screamed and before i knew it         

*GEDEBUK*

My first fall. I can feel the coldness of the ice below 'this is bad, i havent even start skating and i fell'  Hayley helped me up and apologizied because she was too excited and we continued "skating".

 

 

An hour passed "No, Hana, you have to lift your right leg and then left, you have to push yourself" Its been an hour and I still cant skate, I kept making the same mistake all over again, It was super hard. And i can see in Hayley's eyes that shes abit pissed because i just couldnt skate. Hayley managed to skate after a few tries.

"Look, you fell 5 times already and i cant.." before she could finish her line i interupted her "I think I'll take a break, you go skate ahead."

"Okay then.." Hayley said and turned around, disappearing among the sea of people. I let out a sigh and slowly drag myself to the entrance of the ice rink because its the only way out.

 

Suddenly, I lost my balance no! no! please dont let me fall here, not when Hayley isnt here noooooo

 

*GEDEBUK*

 

"Ouch! not again.." I complained to myself quietly. I never tried getting up by myself because usually Hayley is there to help me up. Theres always a first time for everything right? hmmmph I tried getting up again

 

*GEDEBUK* I fell again.

 

Okay this time the pain became unbearable, I struggeld. "Ahhh.."

Then, I heard the sound of somebody skating behind me and finally coming to a sudden halt right infront of me. I froze. I looked up slowly and saw a guy, he wore a blue scarf around his neck, black long sleeved shirt. I stared at his flawless face, he smiled, and I realised his eye-smile and one-side-dimple on his right cheek. Within 60 seconds things change. The pain from the past 6 falls didnt hurt, the coldness of the ice below me didnt matter, everything seemed to slow down.

 am i dreaming? whatever it is, i just want to stay in this moment

 

Then, I realised that he was holding out his hands to help me up.

 

what should i do? what should i do omg

 

Then, without knowing, he squated infront of me. "You okay?" he said and grinned. His eyes sparkled, his dimple showed

 

TO BE CONTINUED HEHEHEH :p