oo1. I Love You

I'm With You

 

"Go ahead, Victoria."
 
"Are you sure?"
 
"For the last time, Victoria, yes. All I want to do is sleep and forget this night ever happened," Song Geumhee said with a sigh, gesturing to her injured wrist with a nod of her head. She had only returned from the hospital after three hours of sitting around, diagnosed with a sprained left wrist, about thirty minutes ago. During all those thirty minutes, Victoria had been fretting about leaving Geumhee alone and going to get a few drinks with Amber and Krystal in the hotel bar.
 
"I can just stay here and we can hang out if you-"
 
"Song Qian!"
 
Victoria jumped at the use of her full name, knowing Geumhee was serious about her just going out. "Okay, okay, I'm leaving!"
 

He knocked on the door to her room for what seemed like the fiftieth time, sighing as there was no answer. He wondered why Victoria wasn't answering. It was well after two in the morning. However, he knew that Victoria was a night owl, often convincing Geumhee to go out and party until the wee hours of the morning. Nevertheless, Geumhee was hurting, so there was no way she would be out partying.

With a sigh, he stuck his hands in his pockets, turning and heading down the hall.
 
He had a feeling he knew where to find Victoria.
 

"So, how is Geumhee doing?" Krystal asked, taking a long sip of her Martini.
 
Victoria sighed, swirling the straw in her rum and coke. "She's hurting. She actually admitted it this time. And you know it's serious, especially if she didn't want to come out tonight."
 
"Poor thing," Amber murmured, taking a long sip of her Corona. "She's lucky her arm isn't broken. I thought it was the way she was screaming after she fell."
 
"It must feel like it at the moment, though," Krystal said. "I feel bad for Taemin, too."
 
"Yeah, same here. It was obviously an accident, and people are jumping all over him," Victoria replied. "Taemin's one of the genuinely nice guys, and he came to the trainer's right after it happened to make sure Lil was all right. But people are blaming him, and he's blaming himself."
 
"Hopefully he'll shake it off and people will forget about it," Krystal suggested with a shrug.
 
"Pfft. We're talking about K-POP fans here. They remember everything, Krystal," Amber said dryly, though she managed a small grin for the younger.
 
"True," Krystal agreed with a shrug, taking another drink. "It's a shame about Lee Hi, too."
 
"Yeah, I have no ing clue how that happened," Trish said absently, thinking about how the newest K-POP idol had suffered a broken lower jaw when one of the back-up dancers accidentaly punched her during her debut stage at Inkigiako. It was a tough break for the newcomer, but Victoria had a feeling Lee Hi would bounce back very soon.
 
"The gals are just having a string of bad luck, eh, Victoria?" Amber asked, nodding toward Victoria's injured right shoulder, held in a sling.
 
"Yeah, I guess so. You guys better watch out," Victoria warned, but the blonde tomboy had a slight grin on her face. Her brow furrowed, however, when she saw a figure standing at the door of the bar, glancing around uncertainly. "What's he doing here?" Victoria wondered aloud, standing up to walk over to the man.
 
"Who?" Krystal and Amber asked, swiveling their heads to see who Victoria had spotted.
 
"Damn, I wasn't really expecting him to be here so fast," Amber said, frowning slightly.
 
"How the hell did he get here so fast?" Krystal asked.
 
"I don't know."
 
"Hey, you," Victoria said, greeting the man at the door.
 
"Hey!" he replied, relieved to have found the person he was looking for so easily. "How's Geumhee? Where is she?" he asked after giving Victoria a small hug.
 
"She's back in the room, probably knocked out. She took a pain pill right before I left," Victoria told him.
 
He sighed, running a hand over his face. "What the hell happened? Lee Soo-Man called and told me Geumheegot knocked off the stage when she was performing her song, "I Will Show You" and seemed to be really hurt. All any officials told me was that it appeared to be a sprain but she was going to the ER to be sure. By the time I got there, you guys were gone."
 
"How the hell did you know where we were staying?"
 
"I called Luna, and she told me where you guys were staying."
 
"Oh… Well, when Geumhee was performing her song, "I Will Show You", Taemin was the male lead for the dance; you know? Because the theme is that she would show that guy? But anyways, when they were dancing, but Taemin accidentally tripped Geumhee and she fell down in a very awkward position. She immediately started to cry and everyone from backstage came out to see her and see if she was okay. Her wrist is severely sprained and strained. Doctors at the ER wrapped her arm and put it in a sling."
 
"Damn it," he sighed, closing his eyes briefly.
 
"She's gonna be okay. She's just a little sore and actually admitted to being in pain this time. That kinda worried me the most. You know how stubborn and hard headed she can be."
 
He laughed slightly, knowing the Chinese was right about Geumhee being stubborn. "Can you do me a favor?" he asked Victoria.
 
"I'm a step ahead of you," Victoria replied with a grin, reaching into her jeans and pulling out her room key. "Just make sure your is awake to let me in when I get back."
 
"Thanks girl. You're a doll," he said, kissing Victoria lightly on the cheek. "Tell Amber and Krystal I said hey."
 
"Will do."
 
She watched for a moment as he loped off down the hall, back to the elevators. With a slight sigh, she turned back to her two friends.
 
"What was that all about?" Amber asked, frowning.
 
"That, my friend, is true love," Victoria replied with a dramatic sigh, sending the other two into giggles.
 

 
He quietly slid the key into the door, watching the red light turn to green as he pulled the key out. He opened the door quietly, making sure to shut it just as quiet.
 
He smiled to himself, looking at his girlfriend of three years. She was sleeping peacefully, her right arm curled underneath her pillow as she rested her head on the pillow. Her injured left arm was propped up on a pillow in front of her, wrapped tightly in a splint and Ace bandage. Her sling was tossed to the side of the room, laying on the chair near the desk. Her hair was laying messily on the pillow, some covering her face.
 
He tossed his keys and wallet on a desk, settling down next to Geumhee. "Hey, Geumhee," he whispered, pushing a few strands of her hair from her face and kissing her on the forehead.
 
She stirred slightly, moving to shift positions, shifting to lay directly on her injured arm. "No, no, baby, you don't want to do that," he whispered, holding her upper arms gently.
 
Geumhee forced her eyes open, looking groggily at the man perched next to her. "Hey, honey," Geumhee whispered sleepily. "Am I still dreaming or are you really here?"
 
"I'm here and in the flesh, babe," he replied with a small grin.
 
"What time is it? When did you get here?"
 
"It's 3:06 in the morning. I get here about fifteen minutes ago," he replied, her hair and the side of her face. "How's the wrist?"
 
"Hurts," she admitted, glancing at her injured limb.
 
"More than your pride?" he teased gently.
 
"Yeah," she said sheepishly. "I wanted to learn how to fly." She paused, squinting at her boyfriend. "It was an accident. Don't blame Taemin."
 
"Huh?" he asked, confused, before realizing what she meant. "Oh, God, no, Geumhee. Taemin's a good guy and I bet he was right there at backstage, taking care of you, right?"
 
"Yeah. He wanted to take me to the hospital, but Victoria insisted that she do it," Geumhee said absently.
 
"What's wrong, dear? You seem awful upset."
 
"I don't know. I just feel dumb. I should have been paying attention. This whole thing could have been avoided if I'd been more careful."
 
"Geumhee, it's not your fault-"
 
"Don't blame it on Taemin, either."
 
"-and it's not Taemin's fault either. It was just a freak accident that happened. Taemin apologized, you're okay, and everything's gonna be fine. That's all that matters here, babe."
 
"I know, but I keep thinking of all the bad things that could have happened. My foot could have caught the wires, or I could have fallen on my head, or my arm could be broken, or-"
 
"Or nothing could have happened at all," he interrupted. "You could have made it out of the way before Taemin tripped you. You could be out partying with Victoria and I could be sitting in my apartment, wondering how you're doing and thinking about how much I miss you. It's not worth it to ponder what could have or would have happened. It's just not worth it."
 
Geumhee paused for a long moment, then said, "That's true."
 
"What can I say, babe? I'm always right."
 
"I wouldn't go that far," Geumhee replied with a small giggle, poking her boyfriend in the ribs.
 
"Okay, okay… just most of the time."
 
Geumhee smiled, shifting so she was laying on her back. She reached her uninjured hand out, taking his hand in hers. "I wasn't expecting you to be here, but I'm glad you're here."
 
"Why wouldn't you expect me here?" he asked softly.
 
"I don't know… I mean, you must have driven miles to get here."
 
"Babe, I would travel across the world to be with you if you were hurting and I know that sounds like a bad greeting card but it's true. I'm always with you," he said, placing his hand on her heart. "No matter what."
 
"I know… and I would do the same for you. I love you a lot."
 
"I love you too."
 
The two were silent for a few minutes, each content in the silence. They sat, looking happily at each other. Finally, he spoke up quietly.
 
"You look tired, sweetie," he pointed out, her face. Her eyes were red and glassy, and understandably so. He knew he probably didn't look much better, as he had just driven three hours to get to her, after all.
 
"It's the pills," Geumhee stated, yawning. "Will you lay down with me?"
 
"You know I would love that," he replied, pulling off his shirt and throwing it to the side of the room. "It's been way too long since we've held each other during the night." He sat down on the edge of the bed, kicking his sandals off and shifting to lay next to her. He wrapped his arms around her, being careful to avoid her injured arm.
 
"I love you, Song Geumhee," he whispered, kissing her head softly.
 
"I love you too, Luhan," Geumhee whispered, closing her eyes and falling asleep quickly.