Chapter 1: Decorating and Sungyeol's Surprise

christmas and birthdays... what a family really feels like

 

          “Ya Kim Myungsoo! How can you just stand there?? Come help me with these boxes” Sungyeol screamed. Myungsoo sighed and walked over to the stairs that led to the garage. “Ya..who told you to pick all of that stuff up? You’re going to break yourself. Hahahaha!“ Sungyeol was standing at the bottom of the stairs carrying two huge boxes. They were so big that they completely covered him. Myungsoo was unable to see his face. “Well are you going to help me or are you going to keep looking at me like I’m a helpless puppy “Sungyeol said frustrated. Myungsoo chuckled and went down to help. As Myungsoo approached him, Sungyeol found that he was slowly losing his balance. Right as he was about to fall, Myungsoo lifted one of the boxes and headed up to the living room. “Aish. Why are you pulling out all of these decorations? You should just let Sarah and Melanie (their maids that happen to be their best friends) do this.” “Myungsoo, YOU were the one that promised Yunhee that the three of us would decorate the house together! As a father, you should keep your word. Plus, this is our first year together as a family. Last year we didn’t have Yunhee in our lives. We should create memories that she will never forget. Isn’t that what our job is as her fathers? To make her happy? “ Sungyeol said smiling because he knew that Yunhee was Myungsoo’s biggest weakness. Myungsoo smiled at Sungyeol’s fatherly speech. “Arasso, your’re right. Honestly forgot that I made that promise. It’s been like 3 weeks and Christmas is in 3 weeks. ARGHHH! What kind of father forgets a promise to their child..?” Myungsoo said sadly as he face palmed his self. He couldn’t help but feel that he let his baby girl down. Sungyeol felt bad hearing Myungsoo’s words. He didn’t mean to make him feel bad. "I'm sorry, that came off kind of harsh. I didn't mean it that way. Myungie, you are a great father. The way you play with her, care for her, protect her, and give her everything shows just how good of a father you are. You’re schedule has been tight because of your new drama but you still come home every night to tuck her in and make sure that we are both ok. Not only are you a good father, you are an amazing husband. Don’t ever doubt that.. “  Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol and smiled. “Thank you Yeolie, that means a lot to me. I feel that same way about you. The way you take care of both me and Yunhee is more than anything I can ask for. “ Myungsoo said as he pulled Sungyeol in for a hug. “Come on, lets go gethe rest of the boxes before she wakes up from her nap. You know she never takes long naps (TT_TT) “ Sungyeol said and they both headed back down to the garage.

 


     After about 45 minutes of hauling boxes up stairs, the boys managed to get all of the decorations into the living room. They both looked at all of the boxes and sighed. “Yeolie, what should we decorate first? There’s so much that has to get done.” Myungsoo said with drops of sweat rolling down his face. The two stood side by side and glanced at everything. “Hmm, how about we start with the..”  (“APPAAAA!!!!!!”)
Sungyeol was cut off by Yunhee as she galloped down the stairs. “Aigoo~~our little princess is finally awake” Myungsoo said as he ran over to pick up Yunhee. “Yunhee-ah, do you want to help your appas decorate for Christmas?” Sungyeol said cutely. “Jinjja? OMO! Yes I want to help! “ Yunhee squealed. “Ayyyyy, when did our little girl learn to talk like that? Hahahaha, Yunhee-ah, stop growing up so fast, ne? “ Myungsoo giggled. Sungyeol shook his head and laughed. He loved these cute moments that they occasionally had together. “Appas, lets start decorating already!” Yunhee said with aegyo. “AHH, kyeopta! Arasso, let’s start.” Yeolie said. Myungsoo put Yunhee down so she could run to Sungyeol and help him go through the boxes. “Myungsoo, do plan on joining us or are you going to stand there?” Sungyeol said with a you’re-lucky-our-daughter-is-here kind of tone. “Yeah, just give me one minutes. I have to make a call. I’ll be right back, you guys go ahead and start.” Myungsoo said smiling. He walked off to his study and closed the door to make sure no one coul hear his conversation.
**ring, ring, ring, ring**
“Yeobseyo?”
“Ah, Sunggyu hyung!”
“Oh, Myungsoo, whats up?”
“Not much. Hyung, do you have free time tonight?”
“Yeah why? Whats up?”
“Well, I was wondering if you and the guys could come over and watch for the night. I want to do something for Sungyeol. It seems like he completely forgot that today is his birthday.”
“Typical choding. Sure, no problem. You know how much we all adore Yunhee. Plus, she’s my god daughter. How can I say no? Hahahaa”
“Hahahaa, thank you hyung. I know its very last minute but I have to do something for him, he’s my husband after all. Come over at like 5:00pm”
“Awwe, how cute. Hahaa, I’ll see you later.”
“Ne~~”

Myungsoo hung up his cellphone and walked over to his desk and sat on his chair. He picked up the house phone and dialed a number.
“Yes boss, how may I help you?”
“Ya Sarah, how many times do I have to tell you not to speak formally with me? We are friends pabo!!
“Sorry L, what’s up?”
“I need you to do me a favor. Go to the store for me. I need you to buy a box of chocolates..THE GOOD ONES.A big bag of rose petals, a good bottle of wine, a lot of white candles, and some white Christmas lights. Once you get all of that I need you to set up the guest house for me. Set up a candle lit path that leads from the door to the dinner table and another path from the table to the bedroom. Sprinkle the rose petals all over the floor in entire house..well the dining room and bedroom. Oh! The bathroom. When I text you later, set up the Jacuzzi. Throw in those nice bath salts we have and throw some rose petals in that too. Everything needs to be set by 5:45. Can you work your magic?”
“I’m on it. At 5:25 I’m going to put the wine in a bucket of ice so its cold enough for you guys .Anything else?”
“This is why you’re my best friend. That will be all tell all of the other maids. The guesthouse is off limits for tonight and please…don’t let Sungyeol find out. It’s his birthday surprise. I would set up myself but three of us are decorating the house together.”
“No worries L. I’ll take care of it…talk to you later Romeo”
“YA!!” 

Myungsoo giggled. He loved that he could count on Sarah for things like this. “ YA KIM MYUNGSOO! GET YOUR OUT HERE NOW!!!!” Sungyeol shouted. “Oh ..hahahaha. I better go help before he flips on me.” With that, Myungsoo returned to the living room and spent some quality time with his family as they decorated every last corner of the 2nd story of their house.