Stop Man, You're Making Me Insane

Stop Man, You're Making Me Insane

 

You walk at the same path you used too every day. You carry your bag pack lazily and drag your feet as if you were forced too.  The truth is you are actually tired with your daily life. Not just tired with your daily routine as a student and a part time worker at a café but you are also tired with what you feel everyday. Yes, you are tired with your love life. It’s a long story you cant even explain. How could it just end up this way. You and him.. were in love. For two years and now.. without any words, you both seems like stranger. You told him that you guys should end this relationship, yes, break up but he said he will never do that. But why? Why do he wanna keep you as his girlfriend if all he wanted just to hurt your feelings everytime you see him?

You sighed. You walk without looking around. You keep your head down. Looking on the ground. Thinking what had happened today at the school. How he ignored you at the café. How he just walk passed by you with many girls surrounding him.  You know his intention. He just wanted you to feel jealous.  Yes you are but there is nothing you can do. You just watched him being a flirtatious jerk again. You didn’t even expressed any expression with what you saw. You seems like already immuned with everything he done to hurt you although deep in your heart, it hurt you too bad.

“Yaaaaah!” 

A familiar voice called your names and in a mean time you feel like someone is pulling you hard. You almost fall but those hands quickly catch you and hold you before you can stand properly again.

“Be careful. Watch your way. You almost hit the pole.” He said before smiling sweetly.

“Oh. Thanks Kevin. For saving me.”

You gives a smile. A smile that you still can fake it no matter how bad your day are. Only to this guy. He is older than you. You wanted to call him oppa but he refused. He said he feels old if you call him oppa. Kevin can be funny and can be sweet at the same time but he is sometimes serious when he is at work. As for the time being, you feel comfortable around him.

You was just about to follow Kevin to enter the café when your phone is ringing. You signaled Kevin to enter first as you need some privacy when you see the name that appeared on the screen. It’s him. You hesitated to answer at first. But thinking and hoping that he might have something to say, you pick it up.

“Hello?”

“You think by quitting job at the gifts shop without telling me you can slipped away from me?” Without any greets, he accused you.

Ofcourse you quitted at the gifts shop because of him. Not to run away from him purposely but you are sick of him everytime he brings every of his new girlfriend in the shop just to brag or show off to you. You just don’t know why he did that but you are tired of that.

“Leah~ your shift almost starts” Kevin shouted from the café.

You look at him and nodded. Then you back to your phone conversation.

“I am tired of all this, Ilhoon. Let’s just break up.” You said to him.

“So, you have a new boyfriend now. Great.” Another accusation he made. “But remember, I wont simply let you go. I’ll find where you work soon.”

He end the phone without letting you explain or even say anything. You just sighed. Suddenly you feel a heavy pain on your chest. Tears start forming in your eyes and finally flow down to your cheeks.  You grabbed your phone tightly which you feels like smashing the phone because you feel so frustrated with all of this. You just hate Ilhoon. After two years, through thick and thin, have he ever think about you instead of his damn self?

You don’t care about people who passed by the street looking at you weirdly or whispering something about you. You just don’t care. You couldn’t stand this anymore. They don’t understand the pain you had to go through.

“Leah, what happened?” Kevin asked you. He seems panicked.

But it’s too hard to answer him you just cry and cry hard.

“Leah..stop crying. It’s hurting me seeing you like this.” He pulls your chin and wipe your tears away. He then pulls you into his embrace. He hugged you tight before you realized you are hugging him too.

Kevin your hair to keep you calm but you just still cant hold your tears. You burst into tears over again.  You are sobbing hard on his chest. You just don’t think about people are watching you or anything. You had your limit. You have been keeping this to yourself all this time. You keep all those angers, sadness, jealousy and everything inside you and finally today, at the moment you burst out everything. To Kevin. A guy that you’ve known only for a few months.

“Wow!”

You heard a familiar sarcastic voice followed by a clapping hands. You wiped your tears since your vision are a bit blurry after crying hard. You look up and see that damn jerk in front of you with his girlfr—. A new one. Atleast new from the last time you saw him. You let go of Kevin and stand face to face to Ilhoon. You look at him without any reaction.

He smirked at you then he look at Kevin.

“What an improvement, Leah. So I see that you are flirting with some new guy!” He sarcastically smile.

“He is not--”

You couldn’t finish your words when Kevin cuts you.

“So what? It is not like you care about her.”

“What..the ?!” Ilhoon raised his voice. “Don’t act like you know her enough.”

“Well, do you? If you really know her, care about her, you wont let her tears fall because of you, jerk.” Kevin glares Ilhoon.

Ilhoon didn’t answer anything. He just stares at you. A deep one. The  girl next to him also are giving you -look like she understands everything.

“Let’s go in Leah.” Kevin softly and gently said to you. He slowly pulled you by your wrist.  

You look down to the ground and let out a deep sighed. You just follow Kevin. But not a few steps you take, Ilhoon grabbed your other side of wrist harshly. Your willingness following Kevin boiled him up you guess. He feels like Kevin is challenging him. But he don’t wanna lose to Kevin. You understand Ilhoon very well.

“Follow me!” Ilhoon said to you while grabbing you tightly and pulled you harshly.

“Let go of her!” Kevin grab your shoulder. “Stop hurting her!”

“She is mine!” Ilhoon pushed Kevin and pull you towards his direction harder.

 Kevin was taken a back a little but he still holding tight on you.

“I said let go of her!” Kevin raised his voice without thinking people around. With one hard push, Kevin has made Ilhoon back off forcefully. You never thought that Kevin could be that strong either.

“Get your hands off her! You have no rights on her! She is mine!” Ilhoon screamed.

“No you don’t! You don’t have any rights on her because..” Kevin look into your eyes for a few second and you are waiting for him to finish up his line too.

“..Because she is my girlfriend. I am her boyfriend now and I love her. I love her more than you do.” He finished his line in one breath that take your breath away too. You were just speechless.

“Liar! I know you said that just to chase me away! I don’t believe it. If you really are, prove it.” Ilhoon fiercely look at you and Kevin.

“Fine.” Kevin said.

Kevin pulls you and make you face to face him. He pull your chin and cupped your face.

“Close your eyes..” He whispered.

It is like his word has casted you and you just follows his orders. You closed your eyes. In a less second, you can feel Kevin’s hot breath and his soft lips touched on your lips. His kiss blow you away for a second. It is..sweet and pure. You eventually kiss him back and then you realized that you shouldn’t. Ilhoon is still there watching you and Kevin. You pulled away and pushed Kevin a little. You look at Ilhoon. His face shows that he is really angry. Part of you feel guilty but part of you feel that he deserves that. He has done more to you but..you don’t think you should…

“Ilhoon..”

He glares at you one last time before walk away from you and Kevin.

 

*

 

“Why did you do that, Kevin?!!” You raised your voice at him for the first time.

“Do what?! Why are you so mad?!”

“Why am I so mad?! Ask yourself!” You almost scream your lungs out.

After Ilhoon left you just don’t know what to do. Kevin pulled you inside the café and lock the door. He even turn the sign ‘OPEN’ to ‘CLOSED’. That is when you gathered all your thought and that is when your mood starts to raging.

“What have I done, Leah?” Kevin ask you softly.

“Why did you kiss me in front of Ilhoon?!”

“Why?! Isnt it obvious? I love you. All this time Leah, I always watched you from far. It is only you who never realized it.” He said slowly.

“But you shouldn’t kiss me in front of Ilhoon. Look what happened now!” You burst out. “Now he will be mad at me!”

“Why would you care about him when he never once care about you Leah?! Look at me Leah.” Kevin cupped both of your face with both of his hands. “This tears..” He wiped your tears slowly. “Is not even worth it for him. He don’t love you. He doesn’t even care about you even a tiny bit.”

You didn’t say anything but continue crying.

“Leah, I have been loving you ever since you started dating with Ilhoon. I have been watching you from far. But I was too late at that time. If and only if I was early enough, I wont see you suffering and crying like this..” Kevin words seems sincere.

You look at Kevin into his eyes.

“Leave him Leah. Forget him. Trust me I will never make you cry..” Kevin kissed your forehead before pulls you into his embrace.

 

*

You keep watching your watch at your wrist over and over again. He is almost an hour late. You tried to call him but he didn’t pick up his phone. He is the one who suggesting that you guys should go  out and date today at this theme park. He really insisted although you would rather spend your weekend lazily at your home but you couldn’t resist him after he came and begged you a few times. But the problem now is he is late. You remembered last night when he called you and told you to be on time but now he is one hour late. You promised yourself that you are going to make him buy you everything you want today as his punishment.

You stand there and look around blankly. Not thinking anything else just your revenge to him because he is late. But if he didn’t turn up in half an hour, you are going to go back home. You thought to yourself. While standing and arguing to yourself in your mind, suddenly someone grabbed you by your wrist and pull you hard. That guy left you speechless. He pull you to somewhere. From his back of figure you think you know who is he. He is not the one that you’ve waiting for. You keep on struggling but he is stronger than you.

“Let me go!” You said to him.

He didn’t even turned to look at you but keep pulling you to somewhere until both of you reached an alley. He pushed you hard until your back meet the hard wall. You whinced in pain but he don’t care. He grabbed you by your shoulders and make you face to him. Eye to eye.

“What do you want?!” You dare to say that. Now, you never afraid to say what you feel to him anymore.

“You.” He simply said.

“That’s not going to happened.” You look away.

“Why?! After all these years and you are going to ditched me just like that?! Get back your sense, Leah!” He tightened his grab.

“What?!” You cinically chuckles. “You are the one who should get back your senses. It is not me who ditching you. It is not like I am the one who suddenly dint pick up any calls and went away then suddenly come back with player mode.” You sarcastically said to him.

You can feel he is slowly letting go of you.

“You are the one who left me hanging. Not me. You just don’t care about me anymore so why would I care about you again? I have rights on myself! Just go.” You said.

“Did he makes you happy?” He asked with a fierce stares.

“Atleast he never once makes me cry for this mean time. And atleast he always care.”

“Did I hurt you so much all these time?”

“Yes.” You immediately answer with straight face. “So much.”

“I am sorry.” He said.

“Past is past. Goodbye Ilhoon.” You starts to walk away.

“Leah.”

You stopped and turn your head to him.

“Tell Kevin that don’t try to make you cry because you are too precious to let go. Too worth to forget. Tell him that on behalf me.”

“Ilhoon, I think he already knew that. That is why he never once failed me.” You said and walk away from him not waiting for any of his answers.

“Babe!”

From far you can see Kevin running towards your direction. You stopped and stared at him.

“Don’t babe me! You are almost two hours late Kevin Woo!” You said to him.

“I am sorry..” He said in between catching his breath.

“Not forgiven.”

“Babe.. I am sorry. I know I am late. I..” He looks hesitated to finished up his word.

“I what Kev?” You rolles your eyes.

“I was supposed to buy you daisies the one that you always love but I don’t know why is every florist in this city have non daisies today! Ughh. So I..”

“So you what Kevin? Ughh… Kevin can you finished up your words quickly!” You stomped your feet as you feel annoyed.

“So I get you this daisy..” He raised his left hand in the air.

But it is not empty. He was actually holding a necklace in his hand. You are so touched that you couldn’t say anything. He left you speechless. You cupped your own mouth. You look at the necklace and then you look at him.

“Babe.. you don’t like it?” He looks worried. “I’ll buy you other next time but please don’t mad at me anymore.”

You still don’t say anything to him.

“Leah..” He called you again full of worries.

“Kevin..” You said slowly.

“Yes?”

“I love you so much!” You hugged him then so tight.

Kevin was shocked for a few moment then he higged you back so tight. He the back of your hair.

“I love you too! I love you so much Leah.”

“Thankyou and don’t you ever leave me!” You said almost crying as you feel so touched.