Chapter 7

Fated To Love You, Destined To Be With You

“You… you made it?” Yesung stuttered. Taeyeon made these chocolates? That means… did he also forget something important about her too?...

 

“I love you…”

 

Yesung bent down and clash his lips on someone…

 

“I love you too…”

 

“The most important thing I had forgotten… was you.” Yesung smiled, his eyes twinkling. Taeyeon forced back a smile. No… She should be happy now… But why wasn’t she?...

 

Yesung pulled Taeyeon into an embrace. Yesung was laughing and smiling. He was… so happy…

 

Sungmin watched them… Without realizing, tears were already sliding off his cheek. His surroundings were suddenly cold… so cold that Sungmin trembled. He bit his lip, turning back slowly and headed back into his room.

 

Ryeowook had just opened his bedroom door, wanting to head towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water when he saw Sungmin walking slowly back to his room. Ryeowook turned his direction to the laughing man…

 

No… no… NO!!!! Ryeowook’s mind screamed.

 

Shakily, Sungmin opened his bedroom door and once he closed it quietly behind him, Sungmin collapsed to the floor. He closed his eyes, causing more tears to fall…

 

There was loud knocking on his door, and Ryeowook’s calling for him echoed throughout his room… But Sungmin didn’t care… He didn’t want to anymore…

 

Sungmin was numb to the blood-screaming pain his heart was feeling…

 

He was tired… so tired…

 

All he wanted now… was rest… to calm his broken heart, his restless soul, his aching body…

 

“SUNGMIN!!!!!!” Yesung slammed open Sungmin’s door. After sending Taeyeon home, Yesung bounded back to the dorm and shouted for his best friend. He had walked pass a glaring Ryeowook, who ignored him when he greeted the Maknae.

 

Sungmin had fallen asleep, and his pillow was still wet due to his tears. Sungmin sat up on his bed immediately at the sudden shout and the loud slamming of his door.

 

Yesung jumped onto Sungmin’s bed, and blabbered non-stop about everything before Sungmin could even utter a word. From the chocolates to the memories, from Taeyeon’s confession to his realization. Sungmin just nodded his head silently, his brain taking nothing in.

 

All he knew was… Yesung can never be his anymore…

 

“MIN I AM SO HAPPY!!!! I FINALLY REMEMBERED THE MEMORY THAT IS DEARLY TO ME!!” Yesung squealed and hugged his best friend tightly. Sungmin’s arms curled around Yesung’s waist shakily, returning the hug…

 

The warmth from Yesung…

 

He missed it so much…

 

So much…

 

And Yesung couldn’t explain himself… but he was not as happy as he had claimed to be…

 

Instead… He felt happier when he felt Sungmin’s arms wrapped around him…

 

The warmth…

 

So familiar…

 

“I knew you would be up here.” Kyuhyun walked towards the figure who sat on the floor of the rooftop, a container in his hands. Sungmin turned around and Kyuhyun had settled himself beside him, sighing as he looked up at the sky. Sungmin followed Kyuhyun, and stared up at the dark night.

 

The stars… the moon… the sky… everything was the same…

 

Except the people who were gazing at them…

 

“Ryeowook told me what happened…” Kyuhyun continued. Sungmin was silent, wincing when Kyuhyun had said that sentence. The scenes were flooding back to him… Yesung and Taeyeon…

 

“So… are you really going to let Yesung go?… After all these?...” Kyuhyun turned to look at Sungmin. The boy was staring up at the sky, and not to his surprise, tears were flooding Sungmin’s eyes again.

 

But… Kyuhyun was taken aback immediately when he saw it…

 

Sungmin smiled… he was smiling… smiling genuinely…

 

“Maybe… Best friends were all we could ever be…” Sungmin finally muttered his first words that night. Kyuhyun blinked once… and twice. Was this really the Sungmin he knew?...

 

“But Min… you know that isn’t true. You know you are meant to be with Yesung!” Kyuhyun burst. He hated to see Sungmin like that. The Sungmin he knew would never resign to fate.

 

“If I was meant to be with Yesung… Then he wouldn’t have forgotten about our memories… If I was meant for him… he would have remembered all his memories after everything I have done… If I was meant for him… He wouldn’t be in pain every time I touch him…” Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun, and smiled.

 

“God had wanted things to turn out this way… and nothing that I do can change that…”

 

Kyuhyun wanted to hug the man so badly. He knew that Sungmin was dying inside. He knew Sungmin never meant anything he said. He knew… But he can’t do anything about it…

 

“Oh Come on!! What’s with that face?! Here, have some chocolates. I baked extra.” Sungmin stretched out his hand, the container filled with heart-shaped chocolates with pink icing. Kyuhyun smiled back, and took one.

 

“Hmmmm…this is really good!! I think it is the be-“ Kyuhyun didn’t finish his sentence as he looked up at Sungmin.

 

Sungmin was chewing on a piece of chocolate slowly…

 

Sungmin’s smile had faded…

 

His hand fell to side of his body…

 

A tear…

 

A single tear…

 

Escaped his eye…

 

Those eyes that were filled with nothing but emptiness…

 

It was a heart wrenching sight.

 

Both men did not utter a single word for the night. They both ate the chocolates silently, gazing at the night scenery. Sungmin tears fall silently, he ate silently, he smiled silently.

 

His heart bled silently…

 

“AHHHHHH!!!!” Yesung woke up, sweating profusely. He groaned as he clutched his head. He had the same nightmare again. The speeding car… Him lunging forward to protect something… The loud scream of his name…

 

But this time… Yesung could see a figure…

 

He was protecting somebody

 

And the voice that had screamed his name…

 

He heard it before…

 

He knew that voice…

 

It was so familiar…

 

So familiar…

 

So familiar…

 

 

TBC...

 

 

A/N: LOOK LOOK DOUBLE UPDATE!! PLEASE SPARE ME TT_____TT