Just Friends

Just Friends

 Warning: there is cursing in this and ual contact but I dont feel like it needs to be marked as M.


POV Jonghyun:

 

A sudden cold breeze chilled my whole body, waking me up only to realize I was and exposed. Quickly I reached down and covered myself up with my sheet, curling up to create as much heat as possible.

‘What the hell? Why am I nak−…’

My body shot up as my mind remembered what had happened last night and why I was left so exposed.

“Oh shi−“

 

“Yah, Taemin! Leave him alone. He’ll wake up on his own.” I could hear Key yell after Taemin before the door flew open; causing me to panic and pretend I was still asleep.

 

“Hyung wakey, wakey~! Its already 12:30.” The boy sang loudly as he stood on Onew’s bed so he could see my “sleeping” form.

 

“No…” I groaned, rolling on to my side giving him my back.

 

“I said wake up Jonghyun hyung.” Without a warning he grabbed my sheets and ripped them off of me, re-exposing my bare skin. “Omo no! Why are you !? Why didn’t you warn me!? I didn’t want to see your bare hyung! That’s gross!” with that he ran away yelling like I tricked him into doing the worst thing in the world.

 

“You’re the one who ripped my sheets off…” I groaned into my pillow before finally deciding to get up and dressed.

 

Once I threw back on my clothes that were discarded last night, I exited the bed room and headed to the kitchen; where everyone else (except Key) seemed to be. The second that Taemin saw me his cheeks turned red in embarrassment and he turned away closing his eyes.

“Don’t come near me I need time. The image of you is unfortunately carved into my head. It won’t go away!” he complained as if it actually harmed him.

 

“Hey I’m not that bad looking! You’re acting like you’ve seen a monster.” I began pouting.

 

“You, not a monster?” Minho jumped in laughing as he began to make fun of me. “Have you seen yourself in the mirror? You look like a short, overly muscled, dinosaur hahaha.” He began laughing so hard at his own stupid joke.

 

“Shut up bug eyes. You wish you had as much muscle as me.” I stuck my tongue out at him which in return he snorted and waved his hand.

 

“Sure if that helps you sleep at night,” with that he left the room being quickly followed by Taemin who claimed he was now “scarred for life” or some crap like that. Stupid boy can’t appreciate a body as great as my own.

 

“Good morning Jonghyun,” Onew greeted once the other two were gone and I began to get myself some cereal.

 

“Good morning Onew hyung,” I greeted back even though it wasn’t technically morning anymore. As I sat down at the table across from our leader, setting my bowl down, I began a conversation. “So how was your head when you woke up? You had quite a lot to drink last night.”

 

“Surprisingly it didn’t hurt too much, though Key-goon made me some tea which might have helped.” He shrugged as I began to eat my cereal, before he continuing the conversation. “I had a really weird dream last night and I’m not sure if it was the alcohols fault or not.” The look on his face was one of concern and worry as he, I assume, recalled the dream in his head.

 

“What happened in your dream?” I predicted he wanted me to ask so I did, still eating my cereal.

 

“Well I don’t know if I should tell you...it was…” he trailed off.

 

“What? Why shouldn’t you tell me? Who did it involve?” instantly my interest was piqued since he was holding information from me, even if it was just a dream.

 

“Well it a…it involved you and a…it involved Key too…and you guys were doing stuff…” a blush slowly spread across Onew’s cheeks as he tried to tell me the dream but I didn’t follow.

 

So what?

He had a dream about me and Key, I have dreams about my fellow band mates all the time. It’s not weird or anything especially considering we’re with each other almost 24/7.

 

“So…?” I tried to get him to explain further so that I could understand better.

 

“So!? Just so!? That’s all you have to say about it?” he began to panic as if I just said the most awful thing to him.

 

Geez what is wrong with my band members today? They’re all so jumpy and easily freaked out so far.

 

“Yes…? I’m confused, what’s wrong with having a dream about me and Key?” temporally I stopped eating my food to give Onew a confused look.

 

“It’s not just that! It’s what you guys were doing in my dream that is the problem!” 

Ok he really needs to calm down, I just woke up and am already dealing with too much yelling/excitement.

 

“What were we doing that’s got you so weirded out?” I began to eat my cereal again, kind of sad that it was almost all gone already.

 

“You two were…well you guys were…in my dream you two…” now he was stammering which was starting to annoy the crap out of me so I yelled at him to continue.

 

“Spit it out already, would you!”

 

“You and Key had !” suddenly he yelled out causing me to freeze, dropping my spoon.

 

“W-wha-what…?” now I was stammering.

 

How could he know? Wasn’t everyone asleep last night? Was he awake and just watched?

But wait…I don’t remember actually putting anything into Key. Well besides his mouth, but that was it.

We didn’t go any further then …right?

No, no, no I would defiantly remember if we had.

So then why does Onew think we had ?

Maybe he heard our moans while he was asleep and his mind tried to make sense of the noises by giving him images? That must be it! There’s no way he saw anything last night, he just imagined it all.

…I hope…

 

“Don’t make me say it again.” He stared into his lap, too embarrassed to look me in the face.

 

“Ok…we’ll just pretend that dream didn’t happen and move on with our lives. How’s that sound?” I proposed a solution to the awkward feeling in the air.

 

“That sounds good.” He nodded in agreement, thankfully, and stood to leave.

 

“Alright now keep that dream to yourself, and maybe stay away from alcohol for some time.” I watched as he left the room, nodding his head in agreement and understanding.

 

‘Well now my appetite is gone.’

With that I too stood up with my bowl and carried it to the sink before washing it out and leaving it to dry. Now all I have left to do in this horrible morning is go find Key and have a little talk about something’s.

 

----

 

It wasn’t too hard finding Key considering our dorm isn’t that big so there was only really three options for him to be at, since I was in the kitchen. Minho and Taemin had begun playing a video game in the living room, and Onew went into the bedroom to go lay down. Which only really left the computer room; so I was far from surprised to find his small frame curled up on the futon as he stared off into space, sipping tea.

 

“Key?” only poking my head into the room so that he could have his space. The only times he locks himself away from everyone is when he’s unhappy and needs space to think things out.

 

“Hm?” his gaze into nothing didn’t faulted for a second as he groaned in question.

 

“Can I talk to you?” my heart began to beat faster as my nerves became worse.

 

“…yeah come sit.” After a long pause he finally answered me as his gaze shifted to me. Hesitantly I entered the room, making sure to shut the door after me before walking over and sitting next to him.

 

“So…what’s new with you?” awkwardly I tried to start a conversation to end the uncomfortable silence, but it only seemed to annoy Key.

 

“Cut the crap Jonghyun, you and I both know what you want to talk about. Hell even Onew seems to know what happened.” He snapped at me moving to put his cup down before fully turning to me. “Look before we start talking I want to apologize for how I acted. I’ve sworn to myself to stay away from alcohol for a while. But I must ask…how far did we go?” slowly he became more embarrassed as he continued to talk.

 

“Uh what do you mean?” I ask not fully understanding all the words coming from his mouth.

 

“Ugh! You’re so oblivious Jonghyun,” he groaned before looking into my eyes with a serious look. “I mean what did we do? Was it just or did we actually ? It’s embarrassing to admit but last night is really all just a haze…”

 

“Omo no! We defiantly didn’t have last night!” panic overtook all my features as I, a little too harshly, denied his question.

 

“O-oh…ok good.” Suddenly his face dropped as I could tell my words hurt him, and I instantly felt awful for hurting my poor little Bummie.

 

‘But why is he sad about that anyway? Wouldn’t he be happy that we didn’t have ?’

~~~(flashback)~~~

 

As I entered my and Minho's tent Key followed closely behind; not even bothering to close the entrance before he threw himself at me.
"Let meh lay wit ya~!"

Before I could say no or even remove the smaller body from atop of me, he pushed me down and began to on my neck. A moan escaping my lips, the unfamiliar touch felt so nice even if it was coming from my band mate...my best friend.
"Oh god~" he straddled himself above my crotch and began to move in sinful ways; still refusing to let up on my (now) sensitive neck.
"K-Key...wha-what are you doing?" I was basically panting at these very unfamiliar, but still wanted sensations. It felt so wrong but so good at the same time...
What's wrong with me?
Automatically I rolled over pinning him to the ground, earning an arousing gasp from his bow shaped lips.
I can't do this...it's wrong. He's my friend...worse HE'S a GUY! Not a girl, a GUY! I'm not gay! So what the hell am I doing!?
Immediately I sit up away from Key; staring down at the drunk, panting mess that is my best friend.

"Wha's wrong?"

Nothing...everything...
"I..." I tried to answer him but I couldn't; I needed fresh air, to clear my mind, to think straight.

"Jjong?" his voice seemed weak (maybe even vulnerable), but I couldn't bring myself to look up at his face (he was now sitting up).

"...I..." though he was still drunk it felted like he was sober as he my arm, but I pulled away; making the mistake to look into his tear filled eyes before I left the tent. "I'm sorry..."

"Jjong..." he called one last time before I left.

 

~~~(end flashback)~~~

 

 

‘Unless…’

 

~~~(flashback)~~~

 

I’m not sure how long we both sat in silence as he continued his shower, but it felt like forever. That is until I heard what sounded like a gasp come from Key; ending the long silence of the room.

"Key?"

But he didn't answer, though I could hear him start to shift around.

"What's going on in there, Key?" Slowly I stood up and began to approach the shower.

"I-I'm fine J-Jjong...can you p-please leave now." He sounded so out of breath and as I got closer I could hear him silently panting.

I know I should have left like he asked me to but I couldn't help but be curious. They say curiosity killed the cat, so I guess I'm about to die.
Slowly I reached forward before grabbing the curtain and ripping it open, revealing a Key.

"Jonghyun~!!" I'm not sure if it was supposed to be a moan or him yelling at me, but I sort of wish I hadn't opened that curtain now.

Nothing could compare to the shame on my poor best friends face.

 

~~~(end flashback)~~~

 

 

‘…does he…’

 

~~~(flashback)~~~

 

"Mmm, Yeobo I've wait for so long to see this wonderful part of you~ I've only dreamed of a moment like this for soooo long!" his eyes seemed to light up as he looked up at me, causing me to blush, before slipping his slim fingers around the base and began to me. "And Yeobo sure does not disappoint~"
 

~~~(end flashback)~~~

 

 

‘OMO!!’

 

My eyes widened and mouth fell open as realization hit me like a ton of bricks.

 

‘How did I not realize this until now!? I’m so dumb! He’s made it so obvious but I’ve missed every clue…Key likes me…’

 

“J-Jjong…?” he noticed my stiffened behavior and gave me a quizzical look.

 

“Key I need to ask you something, so promise me you’ll answer honestly.” Though there was no doubt in my mind about his feelings toward me, I needed to hear the words from his mouth.

 

“Okay,” he hesitantly nodded as I turned my body towards him and looked deep into his beautiful eyes.

 

“Do you like me?” I bluntly asked not wanting to bead around the bush.

 

“W-what are you−“ he was getting ready to ramble so I just cut him off.

 

“You do right? Please just tell me.” He looked at the ground and began to stare at his lap like it was the most amazing thing in the world, not uttering a word. “Kibum?”

 

“Ok yes I like you! Are you happy now?” Key snapped his head up to look for my reaction, fear hiding in his eyes. When I failed to answer he looked back down and began talking with a pained tone. “I know you don’t feel the same, and I know that it most likely grosses you out…but please don’t stop being my friend.” I could hear him sniffle and my heart sank.

 

‘Don’t cry Bummie…I didn’t mean to hurt you.’

 

“Kibum…look at me,” gently I lifted his head so that he would look at me; wiping away a stray tear that slide down his cheek with my thumb.

 

“Jjong, do you hate me? Do I gross you out?” his beautiful features contorted into one of pain and sorrow.   

 

“No of course not. Why would I hate you or be grossed out by you? You’re one of the most amazing and beautiful person I know.” I pulled him into a hug and soothingly rubbed his back to calm him down.

 

“Really?” he seemed uncertain as he spoke into my chest.

 

“Really.” I confirmed with a nod of my head.

 

“Jjong…how do you feel about me?”

 

How do I feel about him?

Did I have feelings for him or am I just confused?

Key’s my best friend, but do I like him more than that…?

 

“Jonghyun?” he pulled away to look up at me, searching for my answer.

 

“To be honest had you asked me that question before we went to Italy I would have easily answered that you’re my best friend. But now…now I just don’t know…I’m so confused anymore. Part of me wants to like you in that way and part of me doesn’t. I don’t know what to do Key…” finally I just opened up and spoke all my thoughts out loud, hopefully now they’ll be answered.

 

“…well why not test yourself?” he timidly suggested, twiddling his thumbs together.

 

“Test myself? How?” What could he mean by that?

 

“Well we could kiss and if it feels right you’ll know…” a shade of pink spread across Key’s face as he looked at me nervously.

 

“I…uh…o-ok I guess.” Nervously I agreed as my heart seemed to beat faster.

 

After a few seconds of silence Key leaned in and placed his perfect bow shaped lips on mine. Slowly I gave into the kiss and began to kiss him back, but it felt more friendly then passionate. When he pulled away and looked at me with such hopeful eyes, I cursed at myself in my head; the kiss did nothing for me.

 

“Sooo…” he elongated the word as he waited anxiously for my answer.

 

“I…I’m sorry but I still just don’t know…” instantly his face dropped and I could see his eyes begin to water again.

 

Why can’t I stop hurting my poor Bummie? Why can’t we both just be happy?

 

“I-it’s ok, no big deal right?” he was trying to force a smile even though it was very obvious that he was sad.

 

“Kibum I−“ he cut me off as he stood up.

 

“No Jonghyun its fine,” he walked to the door getting ready to leave; right before he left he turned to look back at me. “We’re just friends.” With one last (fake) smile, a tear rolled down his cheek and he left.

 

“Kibum…” I whispered in disbelief of Key’s last words.

 

What have I done?

My heart feels like it was just ripped out of my chest and thrown to the ground…

How could he say that…what if I change my mind?

Wait why do I care?

I don’t like him…right?

 

I don’t know how long I stared at the door waiting for Key to come back and say anything. Anything but the words that repeated in my head like a haunting.

 

Just friends…


Its over now T.T I'm sad but happy!! how many of you thought it would end this way? did you like it?

BTW sorry for the really late update! i had writers block n then i started college so yeah...

So i hope you guys liked it! Please give me feed back!! Also check out my account, and shared account (SecretNotSecretLove) for more Jongkey stuff!!!! love you all and thank you to all of those who left me comments they made me so happy!!