Puppy Love

Puppy Love

Title : Puppy Love
Genre : Pg13, Fantasy
Made for : Lia
Words : 4847

"This is the third time we watched this movie, Yoojin," Jonghyun said as he took a seat in the cafe he went with his girlfriend. He lowered his cap to cover his face, not wanting anyone to catch him dating a girl.

"So what if it's the third time? I love the movie!" Yoojin replied as she dipped in a spoon in her ice cream happily.

"It's not that good, why bother watching it lots of times. You're wasting your money. And my money, too," Jonghyun said. Yoojin decides to ignore what he said just now or another fight will start. She eats her ice cream quietly, letting Jonghyun babbling on the times and money he wasted to watch the same movie three times with his girlfriend.

Kim Jonghyun is 20 years old. Very good looking. He can dazzles any girls with his charming voice when he sings. As the main vocalist of popular idol group, SHINee, lots of girls are chasing after him, yet he chose Yoojin to be his. Of course, their relationship is a secret. It will cause a riot if fans know he is no longer single.

Yoojin is 20 years old, too. Very pretty, and her long, silky hair is the main attraction. A fan of Jonghyun for almost two years when they finally meet each other in a fan meeting last five months. Jonghyun can't help but to fell for the girl, who is trying her best to give her favourite member from SHINee a smile when her knee was bleeding and she even got tears in her eyes. Well, fangirls can sometimes be harsh. They were pushing each other like crazy, not wanting to miss their chance to take a picture of their idols, and Yoojin was a victim during that fanmeeting. She was pushed down on the road, causing her knee to bleed. But she didn't give up and still went to meet SHINee.

"Are you okay?" is the very first question from Jonghyun to her. She's hurt, obviously. Jonghyun had been staring at the tall girl ever since she steps into the building. She's pretty, and her bleeding knee makes Jonghyun feels like dragging her out to a pharmacy or something. But as a member of SHINee, his responsibility is to sit and signs the albums for his fans, so he can't help the girl. Yet, he keep on glancing at the girl from time to time, to check is she was alright. It's worrying him to watch the girl lining up with the other crazy fangirls. He can only hope from afar the girl will reach him safely.

When the girl is finally standing in front of him, Jonghyun saw tears in her eyes, most probably because her knee is hurt. Never had he known Yoojin was too happy she can finally meet Jonghyun she almost cries.

"I'm.. I'm alright," the girl replied his question, shoving her Year Of Us album for Jonghyun to sign.

"I'm Kim Jonghyun," Jonghyun said as he signed the album.

"N..neh?" Yoojin is more than confused. She knows his name. Everybody in this building know, so why is he introducing himself?

"I'm Kim Jonghyun," Jonghyun repeated as he gives the album back to Yoojin. Yoojin doesn't really know what to say, or what to ask, so she chose to keep quiet.

"I thought you will tell your name too if somebody introduce himself to you," Jonghyun said again with a smile. The sentence caused Yoojin's heart to almost burst with love and joy. She finally understands why this guy introduced himself to her, twice.

"Yoojin. Lee Yoojin," she replied with a smile, though she doubted if SHINee's main vocalist will remember her name after that night.

Well, she got her answer right after she left the building. Jonghyun doesn't only signs her album, but he scribbled his phone number, too. It took Yoojin one whole week to gather the needed courage and strength to finally call him.

"I've been waiting for your call," Jonghyun said as soon as Yoojin introduced herself over the phone. They change a few more calls before they finally meet again after a month. Jonghyun took the meeting as an opportunity and told Yoojin he wants her more than just a fan, more than just a friend. Yoojin's feelings for him simplified the story and they are now a couple. But not a happy one.

One stupid rule you have to follow when you date an idol is you cannot tell anyone he is your boyfriend. It will cause him problems, and the fangirls might plan to kill you, too. And Yoojin is the victim in this case.

"I don't need a boyfriend for now," she said when her best friends asked when will she get a boyfriend for herself. She's lying of course. That's better than telling them she is dating SHINee's Jonghyun and later being accused as a liar, or a daydreamer.

Second stupid rule you have to follow when your boyfriend is an idol is you can only went out for a date once in a month; if you're lucky. He's busy, what do you expect?

"I can't join you guys with the trip tonight, I'm sorry!" Yoojin said as she bows to her friends. They were planning to pay a visit to the new recreational park not very far from their college since last two weeks. But suddenly Jonghyun gave her a call last five minutes, asking her out for a dinner after their last date a month ago. Yoojin asked him to change it to watch a movie together and Jonghyun quickly agreed.

She decided to not go to the trip and spend the night with her beloved, since tsuch chances come once in a blue moon. But after she waited for 30 minutes in front of the cinema, Jonghyun sent her an SMS telling her that he suddenly got a schedule. He did apologize, but Yoojin is more than hurt. She walks back to her house, thinking if Jonghyun really loves her. Come to think of it, Jonghyun never said that sentence even once.


"Do you love me, Jonghyun?" Yoojin suddenly asked as she spooned the last bit of her ice cream. Jonghyun turned to her, doesn't really know how to reply her.

"It's obvious, right? Why do you ask?" he thought that is the best way to answer the girl.

"Nothing. It's just because, you never say it,"

"You didn't say it, too," Jonghyun replied.

"I love you," Yoojin quickly said, staring into Jonghyun's eyes, causing him to blushes. Yoojin doesn't find it hard to say it, because she really loves him. She thought it's the same for Jonghyun, too.

"It.. it is something that is better for us to understand, rather than saying it verbally," Jonghyun concluded the awkward conversation. Yoojin knows he will never say it, so the conclusion Jonghyun gave did not surprised her at all.
 

***


One month later..

"What?! Iron Man 2 again?" Jonghyun asked when he reached Yoojin who is smiling happily, waiting for him in front of the cinema.

"Neh! I love the technologies!!" Yoojin replied.

"B..but.. aish~" Jonghyun decided not to say anything. One of his weakness is he sometimes break people's heart with his words unintentionally. He thought him keeping quiet is a good way of tolerance without knowing he had hurt Yoojin more than he ever know since the first day he asked her out.

"Why aren't you watching?" Yoojin whispered when she saw Jonghyun is reading a novel in the cinema, using his mobile phone's light in the dark.

"I'm not interested. I'm here just to accompany you. You can watch, and let me read this," he replied without looking at Yoojin. Of course he didn't see the hurt expression on Yoojin's face.

"Neh.." the poor girl replied.

One and a half hour passed. The movie ended and they were both now standing in front of the cinema. It's raining heavily.

"What about a dinner together?" Yoojin asked, starting a conversation.

"Nah, I don't feel like eating now. I think I'll just go back to my dorm," Jonghyun replied as he adjusted his cap, hiding his face from the public.

"But today is your last day of your hiatus. You will be busy again starting from tomorrow," Yoojin said, just in case Jonghyun didn't understand her intention to spend more times with him.

"Yes, and I don't plan to waste my vacation watching the same movie repeatedly," he replied, and yes, he hurts Yoojin again.

"Spending your times with me is a waste?" Yoojin finally asked after a long pause.

"I don't mean it that way. I just don't see the reason why.." and he didn't get to finish his sentence when Yoojin opened her umbrella and walks away, leaving him alone. She'll not allow him to hurt her anymore.

"Yah, Yoojin! Come back here!!" he shouted for her. But Yoojin choose to ignore him.

"Fine! Go on! I don't care anymore! You're only wasting my time!" Jonghyun shouted again. He doesn't mean it, of course. He thought by saying that Yoojin will turn back, but he's wrong. Yoojin keeps on walking, and never turn back.

"Yoojin must be very angry.." he told himself. Never had he know Yoojin is not just angry. She is holding her tears as hard as she can when she heard what Jonghyun said. She always thought she is special to Jonghyun, but he actually thought of her as nothing but someone who wastes his precious times.

Jonghyun was about to steps back to his dorm when suddenly everything around him turns dark. It is like he is standing alone in the middle of an empty dimension.

"Am I dreaming..?" he's asking himself, pinching his cheek at the same time.

"No, you're not," suddenly a dark brown-haired girl appears in front of him. She's wearing a glittering, long pink dress. And Jonghyun saw a pair of butterfly's wings on her back.

"Don't tell me you're a fairy," Jonghyun quickly said.

"Okay, I won't," the girl said, and both of them remain silent for two minutes. Jonghyun finally gave up and asked the girl who she is.

"I'm a fairy, of course. And I am here to punish you," she said as she took out her long, white wand.

"Punish me? For what?" Jonghyun asked, taking a few steps backward.

"For being selfish non-stop. For being an ignorant, and for.." the fairy is still talking but Jonghyun cut her line.

"Are you talking about my behavior to Yoojin?" he asked.

"Yes!" the fairy said as she claps her hand happily, cheering Jonghyun for getting the right answer.

"I'm not at fault. She's the one to blame! I thought she understands me. But she's not. I'm an idol, for God's sake!" Jonghyun is defending himself, putting all blames on Yoojin's shoulder.

"Yes, you're an idol, but that doesn't permit you to break people's heart. No matter what reason you have, keep them to yourself and accept your punishment happily," the fairy said as some glitters came out from her wand.

"What.. what are you doing?!" Jonghyun asked as the glittering dusts form a circle around him.

"This is to teach you a lesson. So that you will stop being selfish, stop hurting people with your words, and so that you will know when it is too late for you to tell her you actually love her more than anything," the fairy said and she disappears.

The darkness went off with the fairy bit by bit and Jonghyun is now back in front of the cinema. Everything is normal except for everything seems so big and tall. He admits he is the shortest in SHINee, but the fairy doesn't have to by making all the objects these big.

He steps forward and he came to a broken mirror on the floor. Jonghyun swears to God he almost shouts his lungs out when he can no longer see his good-looking face and his perfect jaw line in the mirror. Instead, he saw a cute, adorable, brown puppy.

No wonder everything seems so big and tall..

And Jonghyun.. No, the puppy fell into unconsciousness.
 

***



Jonghyun opens his eyes slowly. He thought everything about him being cursed by a fairy to be a puppy is only a dream when he saw he has paws instead of hands.

"So it's true.." he muttered to himself, though the word came out like soft squeaks.

"So you're awake?" suddenly he heard a very familiar voice. He turns up and he saw Yoojin. The very same Yoojin he hurts yesterday. Come to think of it, it is Yoojin's fault he is a puppy now! So he decided not to talk to her.

Jonghyun then remembers that a puppy can never talk. He doesn't have to pretend.

"Would you like some milk?" Yoojin asked as she shoves a small bowl of milk. Jonghyun thought Yoojin looks so pretty in her pajamas, so he blushes. If it's not because of the brown fur, Yoojin can actually see the two pink blushes on his cheeks.

Jonghyun jumps out from the basket he was in just now, and makes his way to the bowl. He's so thirsty it doesn't hurt to drink milk offered by the only cause he's no longer a human now.

"Poor puppy," Yoojin said as she pats on Jonghyun's head.

"I'm drinking here!" Jonghyun shouted when Yoojin's pats caused him to choke the milk. Well, his shouts came out as barks.

"Why are you barking at me? You should thank me for bringing you home, or you might die in the rain yesterday!" Yoojin pretends to be mad at him, and she pouts too. Jonghyun find her very cute so he blushes again.

"I was looking for someone in front of the cinema yesterday," Yoojin said, and Jonghyun turns to face her. Is she talking about him?

"Well, he left. Why would he wait? I will only waste his time," Yoojin continues and she's smiling. But Jonghyun can tell she is faking the smile. She is hurt. If only Jonghyun can tell her that he never means that sentence. He is touched by the fact that Yoojin actually went back for him.

"But I found you!" Yoojin said as she lifts Jonghyun and placed him on her lap.

"Since you reminds me of him, I will name you Jjong!" she said and she kissed Jonghyun on his cheek.

"Jjong?! I don't like that name!" he thought he is shouting, but he is barking actually.

"I know you will like that name!" Yoojin said as she hugs the puppy close to her . And Jonghyun blushes more than ever.
 

***



One week had passed and Jonghyun stays as Jjong. Which means, he is still a puppy. During the last seven days, he learnt a lot about Yoojin. The girl is a natural beauty. Even without her make-up on, she looks like a princess when she sleeps. Jonghyun knows this because Yoojin always bring him to her bed every night.

Yoojin is a very hardworking girl. She does all house chores perfectly; Jonghyun thought Yoojin will make a good wife.

She is a good student, too. She done all her assignments on time and scored good marks in all tests. Jonghyun never know all these before. Well, how can he know if he only meets her once a month..

One of the most important things he realized is Yoojin is so in love with SHINee's Jonghyun.

She is doing her assignments everyday with her mobile phone beside her, waiting for someone to call, waiting for that certain someone to at least text her.

"I already said 'sorry'.." Yoojin said. Well, Jjong is now like her diary. She told him everything.

"I guess he is still mad at me," she said again, trying to act cool. If only Jonghyun can talk, he will definitely tell her that he is no longer mad at her. Yoojin is a wonderful person, how can he be mad at her?
 

***



"Where did he go..?"

Jonghyun woke up late that night, only to find Yoojin sobbing alone in the living room. He quickly runs on his four paws to the girl. What had happened? He gave the clock on the wall a glance. It's not even 12am yet.

"Hey, Jjong," Yoojin pats him on his head when he reached her. He jumps on her lap, trying to comfort her. He then, knows the cause of such beautiful pair of eyes to shed tears. Yoojin was reading a newspaper and Jonghyun saw the headline. Yoojin is a busy student, so she only read newspaper at night.

"SHINee's Jonghyun went missing for 7 days,"

He's an idol; of course he went missing will be the headline. Jonghyun feels a bit proud when he reads the headline. Not for long though when he saw Yoojin is wiping her tears.

"What if something bad happened to him?"

Aish.. Jonghyun wants to talk more than anything at this time. He wants Yoojin to know that he is alright. Except for the fact that he is no longer a human.

That doesn't sounds alright at all.

"If he hates watching the same movie repeatedly so much, I promise I will never ask him to watch anything for more than once after this. I just want him to be back, safely," Yoojin said, and Jonghyun nods his head.

"That's a good decision," he said in his heart.

"I don't really watch movies," the girl said again. Jonghyun stares at her, unbelievingly. What is she thinking, lying to a puppy!? If she doesn't like watching movies, why is she dragging him to watch 'Alice in Wonderland' three times in a row, and 'Percy Jackson' two times? Let's not talk about 2012, Avatar and the stupid chipmunks!!

"You know, Jonghyun is an idol. I don't want that fact to burden him. I don't like him being extra cautious when we're on a date, hiding his identity from the public just to date me," she started and Jonghyun sits, decided to listen.

"So I thought the cinema is the best place. It's dark in there so he can remove his cap. He doesn't have to hide from anyone in there,"

For the first time in five months, Jonghyun realized what Yoojin said is true. He fell most comfortable when they are watching movies, because he doesn't have to hide his face in the dark.

He never thought of that..

"And since I don't really watch movies, I don't have many movies that I want to watch. So I end up watching the same movies every time we went out for a date," Yoojin says as she chuckled, with tears filling her eyes.

"I don't like watching the same movies repeatedly, too. I just want Jonghyun to be comfortable.." she said again.

Jonghyun starts to feel guilty. He keeps on blaming Yoojin and hurts her with his words without knowing she actually did that for his own good, when she herself don't want to watch the movies as much as he did. He never looks at what she did on the positive side. He's a bad lover. In a month, he usually has two or three days for him to rest, so he will ask Yoojin out on those days. It's hard to find new movies on three consecutive days like that, Jonghyun understands that situation for someone who doesn't really watch movies like Yoojin.

If there is one thing Jonghyun wants to do right now, is to tell Yoojin how much he loves her, and how much he appreciates her. But how is he going to do that when he cannot talk at all?

Maybe this is what the fairy meant when she said "..you will know when it is too late for you to tell her you actually love her more than anything.."

Jonghyun has a lot of chances to tell Yoojin how much she meant for him before, but because of his groundless ego, he never did. And he can never say it now.

He stares into Yoojin's eyes when suddenly everything around him started to turn dark again.

"Yoojin.." he tried to call but suddenly the fairy in pink appears again.

"So you learned your lesson?" she asked as she sits on the floor, trying to be in the same level of height with Jjong the puppy.

"I never know she's such a kind girl. I will never be a good partner for her," Jonghyun said. It seems like he can communicate well with the fairy.

"I know you are not suitable for her. That's why I already have the Cupid to arrange another guy for her, since you will stay as a puppy forever," the fairy said.

"What?! Who?!" Jonghyun quickly asked. The fairy then took out an album from her sling bag and she shoves it to Jonghyun.

"This is CNBLUE, the newly debuted boy band! Their songs are awesome, I love them so much!" the fairy suddenly sounds like a fangirl.

"Ah, I know them. "I'm a Loner" is good," Jonghyun admitted, remembering the band's debut song.

"I know right! I went down to earth, pretending to be a human just to buy the original copy of their album! Have you listen to 'Love'? That song is awesome!" the fairy said excitedly. Jonghyun thought it is so cool for CNBLUE to be so popular even among fairies.

"Do you know their vocalist, Yonghwa? He's manly, honest, responsible and kind hearted, too! He will make Yoojin happy," the fairy said with a smile, pointing to Yonghwa's picture.

Jonghyun stares at Yonghwa on the album. Yes, he looks so manly. And the fairy said he will make Yoojin happy, something that Jonghyun failed at this past six months.

"And I am here to say sorry to you actually," the fairy said as she kept the album in her bag.

"What for?" Jonghyun asked. He doesn't really care what the answer will be actually. He is feeling so down with the fact he can no longer be with Yoojin. The fact that he will stay as Jjong the puppy forever. The fact that Yoojin will be happy with other guy, and the fact that he can never tell Yoojin how much he loves her..

"I actually made a mistake last week! I was supposed to punish other vocalist from other idol group. You know Hongki of FT Island? I mixed up both of you," she explains.

"What?! So you'you were saying I'm going through this painful moments this whole week because of your mistake?!" Jonghyun quickly asked, his eyes almost fell out from the sockets.

"You actually fell for that? Oh my gosh you're so funny!" the fairy laughs so hard she's thumping her hand on the floor. Because of that suddenly a few albums fell out from her sling bag. Jonghyun widened his eyes when he saw SHINee World, Amigo and 2009 : Year of Us.

"So you're a *shawol?" he asked cheekily. The fairy quickly picks up all the albums and keeps them back in her sling bag. She can't hide her blushes, though.

"Shut up! And I'm just joking. Why should I punish Hongki? He's a sugar! And what do you mean by painful moments? Don't tell me you don't like it when you shared her bed every night! And don't tell me you don't like it when she holds you dearly to her chest!" it's her time to asked Jjong cheekily. The small puppy admits not all of the moments are painful..

"Whatever.." Jjong replied her. He feels like crying when he remembers how lucky he was to have a girl like Yoojin by his side, but he wasted her. This fairy is right, Yoojin deserves a better guy. If she said Yonghwa will make her happy, Jjong really wants to believe her.

"Here," suddenly the fairy shoves a paper bag to him.

"What is it?" he asked her.

"Clothes, *pabo! Are you planning to meet Yoojin ?!" she asked.

Jjong doesn't really know how to reply her. He thought he can never meet Yoojin again? He blinks his eyes a few times to the fairy. The fairy stares at him for a few moments and then she burst into a laugh, thumping her hands on the floor again.

"Don't tell me you fell for that too!" she muttered when she's done laughing.

"Fell for what?" Jjong asked her dumbly.

"When I said you will stay as a puppy forever, and I will give Yoojin to Yonghwa.. don't tell me you believe that!" the fairy is holding her laugh.

Idiot! Of course he fell for that trick! Puppy Jjong is annoyed.

"Oh my gosh!" the fairy seems to realize that Jjong actually fell for her stupid trick and she's laughing again. Jjong the Puppy really hopes he can slaps her.

"Aish, it's late already!" the fairy suddenly said and she quickly closes her eyes with her palm, and using her other hand to wave her wand at Jjong. The small puppy saw some white glitters came out from the wand and form a circle around him like before. The fairy then started to looks smaller.. and smaller.. until Jjong suddenly have to look down on her. It's because she is now shorter than Jjong.

Jonghyun is a human again..

"Take the bag and change into your new clothes, palli!" the fairy said again.

"Neh!" Jonghyun said as he put on all the clothes she brought for him.

"Done," he said and she removes her palm from her eyes.

"Good!" she said as she claps her hand.

"So.. Can I go home now..?" Jonghyun asked.

"Neh! Since you already realize what you didn't before, your punishment is now officially ended!" she said with a smile.

"Thanks.." he said.

"Actually your punishment will only end tomorrow. But I think tomorrow is too late since Yoojin will be 20 in a few minutes," she said, glancing at her watch.

"I'm so stupid I didn't even remember her birthday.." Jonghyun thought.

"You're lucky because I ended your punishment early! Go now and make her happy! If you make her cry again, I will shoot Yonghwa with a cupid arrow and he'll grab Yoojin in no time, arasso?!" the fairy warns him. He nods his head and starts running, though he doesn't know where to. But his heart is saying he's following the right path.

"How can I pay your kindness?" Jonghyun asked as he turns back. The fairy had been helping him a lot. She made him realize how important Yoojin is in his life, how kind she is and is being wasted by a jerk like him, how stupid he was, and she even ends his punishment earlier so that he can celebrate Yoojin's birthday. How can he just walk away like that?

"Um.. if you insists.. I have a message for Taemin.." and Jonghyun saw two blushes appear on the fairy's cheeks. Ah, so she's a fan of their *magnae, haha.

"What is it?"

"Tell him, Pynkfaery loves him! Please spell my name correctly! P-Y-N-K-F-A-E-R-Y!" she shouted as she started to disappear, together with the darkness around Jonghyun.

"I will remember that," he muttered and in no time, he realized he is now standing in front of Yoojin's house. He took a deep breath and he knocks on the door.

Jonghyun waited for sometimes and suddenly the door is opened and he saw her face.

"Jong.. Jonghyun," she called his name and just by judging her face expression, he knows she must be so shock.

"Happy 20th.." Jonghyun said as he leans down and planted a kiss on her lips. She doesn't refuse his kiss at all so both of them stay like that for another moment. They broke the kiss when Jonghyun feels Yoojin tears on his face.

"Don't cry.." he said as he wipes her tears away with his fingers.

"Where have you been?! I'm waiting for you to call me everyday!" she asked, pretending to be angry, and she failed in hiding her happiness.

"Shh.. I want to say something," Jonghyun said as he hushed her with his finger on her lips. Yoojin stares at his finger, and her eyes then move to his eyes.

"I love you," he said that sentence for the first time, and Yoojin widened her eyes.

"I love you, Yoojin," Jonghyun said it again and he brings her into his arms, not letting her go. He doesn't want Pynkfaery to change him into a lion cub, a polar bear or a dinosaur later, and he doesn't want her to shoot Yonghwa with the cupid arrow. He wants Yoojin to forever be his, and he will work hard for it.

"I love you.." he said it again, he wonders why it took him so hard to say it earlier. Yoojin looks at him and was about to say something when Jonghyun closed the gap between them with another kiss.

Jonghyun knows he loves Yoojin more than anything.

The end

*shawol = from SHINee World, SHINee's fanclub

*pabo = idiot in Korean Language

*magnae = youngest sibling. Also refers to the youngest in a group of people. SHINee's magnae is Lee Taemin.

 

This is the longest OS I've ever wrote ><. None of my OS ever reach 2000 words before. But this one consists of 4760 words >< so long. Well, it's a birthday gift to my bestie [also a taller version of my reflection in a mirror], Lia. She's 20 today ^^. *hugs Lia and will never let her go!* LOL ><.

Readers, I know it take times for you guys to finish reading this since it's long, but I will appreciate it so much if you guys can tell me what do you think of this OS ^^


Pynkfaery