1 Rose:

Roses To My Love

Meaning of 1 rose: Love at the first sight. The single rose, whatever its color, depicts utmost devotion to a single person. "All my deepest affections are concentrated in you".

Sungjong clutched his books tightly to his chest, striding down the hallway of the school with his head down. It was Pepero Day, an everyone in school exchanged Peperos with their lovers and close friends. Sungjong had received close to 17 boxes of Peperos, but that didn't make him happy. He had yet to receive Pepero from him. Seeing all the lovers in school exchange Pepero boxes only made him doubt Myungsoo even more. Myungsoo was the one that confessed his feelings to Sungjong first, wasn't he!? So why was he being all cold and distant to him now that--

"Hey, Jjongie~ Here's Pepero for you, happy Pepero day~" Hoya, Sungjong's best friend said warmly, sticking his hands out towards Sungjong, placing a Pepero box in Sungjong's embrace. The note section of the Pepero box was littered with heart shapes and a cute message from Hoya, and Sungjong could not help but smile sweetly.

"My Sungjong, my smiley Sungjong, happy Pepero day^^ Thank you for always being so nice to me~ Hyung loves you forever and always!? Maybe? Kekeke. From handsome Hoya." the Pepero box said. Sungjong couldn't help but to laugh, as Hoya's message was so bittersweet. Sungjong placed his backpack on the floor, and put Hoya's Pepero to him into his bag, while taking out the Pepero he had prepared for Hoya and passing it to him. 

"I knew my Sungjong would have definitely prepared Pepero for me, mmmm I love you Jjongie", Hoya innocently said, "but why do you still have a Pepero box that you have yet to give although school has already ended?" Sungjong flinched slightly, before proceeding to pretend he had never heard Hoya.

"Myungsoo?" Hoya questioned, as if reading Sungjong's mind. Sungjong nodded reluctantly, with the look of a young boy plastered on his face. Hoya sighed, and continued walking with Sungjong out of the school gates. "Why don't you give him a call and remind him? Or walk around in school and find him? He might have been too busy to find you?"

"Hyung, it's okay. I saw Myungsoo earlier on and he just pretended not to see me although I waved hi to him so obviously. I really don't get what he's doing, I really don't. One moment he says he likes me, and the next moment he ignores me as if I contracted some disease. He's so complicated, I'm on the brink of giving up. I really wish we could return to the days when we were friends and he treated me so nicely and normally. I don't even know---" Sungjong started, only to get cut off by Hoya.

"Sungjong-ah, you might just be overthinking, don't think too much okay? Hyung forgot to take his books, so I'll go back to school to get them okay? Please smile, happy Pepero day~" 

Sungjong managed to smile back weakly at Hoya, before proceeding to tread home slowly, thinking about what made Myungsoo treat him the way he did now. Sungjong really couldn't comprehend Myungsoo, he really couldn't understand why Myungsoo had started avoiding him after they started dating, but he wasn't about to give up on Myungsoo easily. He liked Myungsoo too much to give up.

~♥~

"Myungsoo, do you have any idea what you're doing to Sungjong? If you no longer like that boy, then would you just give him up? It hurts me to see him hurting whenever he thinks of you." Hoya spitefully said, as Myungsoo's expression hardened.

"I'm sorry, I don't--"

"You always say you're sorry! Everytime I tell you how much Sungjong likes you and how he hurts, and everytime you're just sorry. So you can just make Sungjong fall for you so deep then say you're sorry? I don't mean to scold you or be harsh towards you, but he's really hurting, the smiley him is history. A simple "happy Pepero day" or giving him Pepero, is it so difficult? I thought you had said you loved him at first sight?" 

Myungsoo's eyes darkened, but it wasn't hate for Hoya. It was hate for himself, in knowing the pain he was causing to a man that he had confessed his feelings to but ended up hurting.

"Hyung, I know what to do now. Thank you for always telling me what's going on." Myungsoo thankfully said, as Hoya gave an encouraging smile.

~♥~

Sungjong looked at his watch. 9:57 PM!? He had walked around his town for 6 whole hours absentmindedly thinking about Myungsoo? Even if he were to not admit it, Sungjong really liked Myungsoo. Sungjong made his way slowly back to his house, as the wind bit his face harshly. His eyes turned dry, as he climbed the flight of stairs in his apartment.

And there he sat. Myungsoo. Sungjong was flustered for a moment, not knowing what to do, yet all he wanted was for Myungsoo to hold him in his arms, and hug his doubts about their relationship away. Sensing Sungjong, Myungsoo rose to his feet, with his arms behind his back. 

"Myungsoo, it's late and cold, what are you doi-" 

"Sungjong, I'm sorry for being selfish, but I like you a lot, I really do. As easy as it may seem for other couples to express their love freely, I have difficulties doing so. I'm sorry for ignoring you these past few days, I don't mean it, I really do like you. And this.. this is for you." Myungsoo brought his arms forward, and tucked a box of Pepero with a note on it and a stalk of flower stuck onto it into Sungjong's arms. Myungsoo stood forward and locked Sungjong in his arms warmly, without uttering a word. He smiled shyly, before turning and running away. 

What was that...? Sungjong was unsure what to feel, but he was happy that Myungsoo had finally talked to him after days. He looked at the Pepero box that looked simple, but the note was heartwarming, making a feeling arise in Sungjong's heart - an unexplainable feeling.

"Sungjong, I don't want to be sorry anymore. These few days have been hard on you, but please trust that I really do like you and I really want to get to know you even better. From today onwards, I will slowly try my best to show you the feelings in my hearts that I can't put well in words through roses. Every different number of roses have different meanings. I will meet you the day after today at the amusement park, and I hope we have lots of fun there. I can't express myself well in words, so this is one rose for you. Happy Pepero Day. - Myungsoo"

One rose... what was it to mean? Sungjong went back home and dashed straight to his room, searching up the significance of one rose on his phone.

Meaning of 1 rose: Love at the first sight. The single rose, whatever its color, depicts utmost devotion to a single person. "All my deepest affections are concentrated in you".

Love at first sight? Myungsoo loved him since the start? Sungjong thought about how they met each other innocently in school, and how he felt his heart thumping hardly. Love at first sight...

"Myungsoo, me too..." Sungjong muttered softly to the rose, a smile forming on his lips.


So I've decided to make it an one-shot

I'm so sorry for being a terrible writer... ;~;

Or will you guys like me to continue it?

Thanks for reading!