Part 2

Tic-toc

a/n: here's the next part :)) last one and it will be over ^u^ thank you to all those who read, comment and subscribe to this story :) enjoy everyone♥

- - -

“It’s okay hyung. She’s not even prettier than me. Well that is if I become a girl and...and...oh never mind.” I said as I hyung’s back, suppressing a giggle.

“Babo.” He whispered then another muffled sob.

“Yah! Hyung said before that boys don’t cry. Then why is hyung crying? Or should I call you noona from now on?” I teased again.

 

This was the first time that I saw him break down in tears. It never even came into my imagination that he will be like this. That was because I knew him as a strong person. Even though he was silent most of the time, I felt that he can do anything. He conquered a lot of problems with that shining smile that he has. And of course, he was always there for me. So, even if I was restraining myself to burst in rounds of laughter, I try to be there for him if he needed me.

“You don’t understand Taemin. We broke up! It’s all over!”

“Whoa! Hyung, that would still be unfair for me. You can cry because of that petty excuse and I am never to cry even if it is the end of the world?” I scoffed.

“I told“Nuh-uh!” hyung should make a promise too! Hyung should not cry too!”

“Be in my shoes and try not crying.” He shot back at me, face still buried in his own hands.

“Ahh~ Mianhae... I did not know that it was too harsh to you,” I returned to his back again “Minho...noona~!!!” I stood up and quickly at the opposite side of the big tree.

“YAH!!! YOU—!!!” and hyung stood up too.

We ran around the big tree for a while. Then when I was peaking to locate where hyung was, he suddenly appeared behind me. I was too stunned that I took a step back and lost my balance. Minho hyung tried to catch me but he tripped on the roots of the big tree. And instead of helping me, he ended up falling over me.

His face was a few centimeters away from mine. Our bodies are pressed together with much proximity that I ever imagined. I think my heart skipped a few beats and it fell into my stomach. I forgot to breathe. I was afraid to move any muscle. It sure was awkward, but it felt undoubtedly perfect.

I then realized that he was staring at me. Shock, panic, bliss, distress and another billinons of emotions were written in those eyes. Maybe if we were in another, much better condition, I would burst out laughing.

“H-Hyung...” I manage to choke out.

“Hmmm?” he responded, his eyes widening a little.

“You’re...”

“What?”

Is it just me, or hyung seemed to be too comfortable of his position?

“...heavy.” after what seemed to be a whole eternity, I finished my sentence.

He blinked at me, once... twice... and with that; my fairy tale came to an end. On impulse, he stood up and helped me after wards.  We walked back in our favorite spot and sat there in silence.

“Taemin, you will never forget me, right?” hyung asked, breaking the silence.

“Of course, you are my best friend and you are my hyung. Why so sudden?”

He shrugged. “Coz hyung will also remember you forever.” He disheveled my hair, looked at the sky and he smiled at himself.

I tugged at his sleeve and asked him if something was wrong.

“Nothing. Maybe this is just the graduation pressure. Its three days from now remember?”

“Are you leaving?” I could feel tears forming in my eyes but I tried hard to restrain them.

“I don’t know. Don’t worry, if ever you need me, just give me a call and let’s meet here okay?”

I nodded and he smiled at me.

- - -

A few days after graduation, Minho hyung called. He asked if we could meet at our place. I was more than eager to go there, of course.

It was already 9pm when he called, so I set my alarm clock at 7am. Even if we were to meet at 9am tomorrow I wanted to prepare myself and I wanted to see hyung again.

Then the next day came. It was raining hard when I woke up 15 minutes before 7 am. I got up and fixed myself. The rain was still pouring hard when the clock struck 8:15 am. I pulled the jacket’s hood over my head, got an umbrella and I was out. Our secret place was not that far from our house so I still arrived early. I found a nice spot under the tree that was not much wet. I stood there, waiting.

12:00 noon

There was still no sign of Minho hyung. I was getting worried but maybe there was just traffic or something.

3:00 pm

It was getting colder but hyung was still not around. It was still a down pour that will not stop sooner or later, so maybe he was stranded somewhere. He would arrive soon.

6:00 pm

It was dark already because of the rain. I didn’t want to go home yet because hyung might turn up and it would be awful if I left already.

8:30 pm

I was waiting here for twelve hours already and my umma called me. She said that I should come home ‘coz it was getting late and the rain was still sheeting down.

I walked back home really sad because hyung didn’t show up. I tried my best not to cry because I am a boy and boys don’t cry. I entered our door biting my lower lip and soaking wet. I was waiting for umma to scold me but nothing came. Instead she tossed a dry fluffy towel to me. She even said something about my phone, but I can’t understand what she was saying anymore. Maybe she did notice that I was feeling down and just let this pass.

I plopped down my bed after taking a bath and changing my clothes. I stared at the ceiling blankly. There were a lot of things and ideas that were running in my mind but my eyelids were heavy enough for me to continue thinking.

I think I was asleep for just a few minutes when I heard loud knocks on my bedroom door.

“Wae?” I called, half asleep, half awake.

“The phone is for you. Minho’s umma is on the other line, honey.” My umma answered at the other side of the door.

At the sound of his name, I was instantly awake. All the weariness and sleepiness are gone.  I ran at once down the stairs and to the waiting phone in our living room.

I could feel my heart beating like a jackhammer in my ribcage. I thought it could break through and fall on the floor. I was still panting when I put the phone on my ear.

“Y-Yoboseo?” I said. I think I could hear people talking on the background. And did I hear it right? Some were crying?

“Taemin? This is your Minho hyung’s umma.” As far as I could remember, her voice was kind and soft, but now, it was rather dry and coarse. But why?

I stayed silent, waiting for whatever she was about to say. My heart continued to beat even faster against my chest. My palms were sweating and I was really feeling nervous.

“Taemin. Listen carefully okay?”

And then another pause. I assumed that she was waiting for response, so I said “Ne.”

- - -

a/n:okay. I’ll be cutting it right there. Hope you enjoyed it. The last part will be up by this week too, so please stay tuned :)