Part 1

Tic-toc

- - -

I am crying like a lost child again. Tears already made several frozen tracks on my cheeks. I once promised that I won’t cry again. It was at very same spot where I am seated.

Something inside me felt guilty that I am crying. So I searched for a handkerchief in my pocket, as usual, I have none. And just like the tears flowing endlessly from my eyes, memories came flooding in my mind.

- - -

Unshed tears blurred my sight as I made my way towards my hiding place. No one could see me there and I can cry all I want without being scolded by my umma. It was the only place where I can release all my bottled up feelings, my frustrations and a place where I can just be myself.

With one hand to move some branches and vines on the way and the other hand to wipe my tears, I arrived at my destination. It was so peaceful and quiet here, aside from my sobs.

I sat on my favorite spot under the shade of the big tree; I didn’t even know what kind this tree was. All I know was that this tree gave me comfort whenever I need some. I love this place. It’s like it was pulled out from some fairy tale. White and yellow wild flowers appear in random spots, adding color to the blanket of green grass covering this hill. A river was flowing nearby, birds flying in the open sky and of course this big tree on top of this hill.

I hugged my knees closer to my chest and hid my face. I knew there was no need to hide ‘coz no one can see or hear me in this place, but I was more comfortable this way. I continued to cry, hoping that my tear docks could just dry up till I couldn’t cry anymore.

“YAH! Will you stop crying?! You’re disturbing my sleep!” a deep voice said.

I stopped crying and hurriedly pulled my head up to see who the owner of the voice was. I never heard that voice before so he wouldn’t be someone I knew of. I looked at my left, then at my right, but definitely, there was no one besides me. The wind blew which gave me goose bumps.

“H-Hey... who a-are you...?” I stammered.

And then, from God knew where, he landed on his feet in front of me.

“OMO!!!” was all I could say as I hastily edged backward followed by an “OUCH!” because I hit my head on the trunk of the tree behind me. Then I heard him laugh. His voice sure was deep but... I don’t know... it was so amazing.

“Did I scare you that much?” the boy in front of me said.

I stared at him with my teary eyes and I could feel that my mouth was hanging open but I didn’t care. Random thoughts filled my mind like “Is he a prince from a far away land or something?” or “Is he an angel sent by God to comfort me?” Then a tear rolled down my face.

“Yah! I didn’t mean to scare you or anything! Aish! Why do girls cry easily?” there was panic rising in his voice drowning the annoyance that he felt.

Wait, did he just call me a girl? ME?! GIRL?!

I stopped daydreaming and hurriedly wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, stood up and said,

“I am NOT a GIRL!” I said, stressing the ‘not’ and the ‘girl’ for extra emphasis.

It was just then that I realized that he was really tall. And he was like a prince...or an angel...or both.  His hair was dark brown. Even his eyes were in somewhat the same deep black shade. He had a pale complexion and was skinny but he seems to be a sporty boy. To top it of he had this thin pinkish lips, I wondered how they would look when he smiles.

My train of thoughts was cut by another round of laughter made by that...being. I don’t know if he was even human for being so beautiful.

“Sure you’re a boy...”then he reached out to me and ruffled my hair. “Then you should call me hyung.” And he laughed again.

“Stop messing up my hair! And stop laughing!” I snapped at him and pushed his hand away.

But instead of stopping, he laughed harder. “Aegyo~” he added.

“I said stop that! I don’t even know you.”

That was where he stopped laughing. Did I said something bad?

“I’m Minho, Choi Minho.” He said with a smile.

“Lee Taemin.” I responded automatically ending it with a smile just like what he did. But there was something different in that smile. He become...what?...uh, more angelic? Oh! He literally was shining.

- - -

“Didn’t I tell you before that you should not cry?” Minho hyung scolded me as he wiped my tear streaked face with his white handkerchief.

We were sitting side by side under our tree. It had been a few years since we knew each other and since then we became best friends.

“But hyung! I lost the contest! And it’s not just any contest! It’s a dance contest that I really practiced for!” I whined

“That means, it’s not time for you to shine yet.” He said coolly, then leaned back on the tree trunk behind us, closing his eyes.

“But— “

“No buts, Taeminnie.” And he turned to face me again. “Okay. Promise me that you won’t cry again, arraseo?”

“Ah! Hyung!”

“Boys don’t cry. Unless, you are actually a girl pretending to be a boy.” He teased. “Then you should start calling me ‘oppa’ from now on.”

“Okay! Okay! I promise that I won’t cry any more.” I immediately said ending it with a pout.

- - -

Taemin,

Let’s meet at the cafeteria during lunch time okay? I wanna tell you something :)

-Minho hyung

It was not normal for hyung to just leave a random note in my locker just to communicate with me. What could it be this time? It was just the second hour and lunch was after the fifth hour. Sure we cannot meet during recess ‘coz I was currently a sophomore and he was a junior, we had different schedules.

The next three hours were much of a drag so my mind traveled a few years back. I just realized that Minho hyung and I had been best friends for quite a long time already. I was probably 6 or 7 years old when I first saw him, all prince-y and angelic. I’m not saying that he’s not prince-y and angelic now, actually he was in a higher level of both. I smiled at the memory only to be awakened by the lunch hour bell. I gathered up my things and rushed to the cafeteria.

It was already half full when I arrived, although I was still early. I searched the forming crowd but I didn’t see if hyung was there already. I decided to line up to buy food instead. Maybe I was early after all.

I took a seat at an empty table and started sipping my Coke. Suddenly a hand tapped my shoulder accompanied by a “Hey!” which caused me to choke on my drink.

“Mianhae Taeminnie.” He said with an apologetic face. “I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“Yah! What was that for, hyung?!” I finally said after coughing the liquid out of my lungs.

“I wanna tell you something.” He said, completely ignoring my question. His eyes were sparkling with excitement and I could sense some nervousness too.

“I’ve got something to tell you too, hyung.”

“Sure, but I’ll go first okay?”

I nodded in response. Why was he in a rush?

“Then wait for me here.” And he left.

“Should I really tell it to him now?” I asked myself when I was alone. “He looks happy enough, so maybe...”

“Taemin.”

I looked at Minho hyung blankly and I noticed that he was with someone.

“You know her right? But anyways, Victoria, this is Taemin, my best friend. Taemin, this is Victoria, my girlfriend.” He continued, slightly blushing on the last word.

“R-Really?...Oh! I mean... Congratulations!” I said halfheartedly, faking a smile on my lips.

“Hello Taemin. Minho oppa told me a lot of nice things about you. He also said that you dance so well.” The girl named Victoria said.

I just continued my smiling facade. She sure was nice but...

“Ah, Taeminnie, you said you will tell me something.” Minho hyung said after we had our lunch.

“What? Oh! Uhm... that... i-it’s just... I-I...nothing. It’s just a random...uh... thought... and I... I have to go now hyung.” I lied. “Bye noona.” I gave them a final bow and walked away.

“How am I supposed to tell you that I love you when you already have someone else, huh Minho hyung?” I said to myself when I reached our empty classroom.

I sat on my chair and buried my face on my hands. I wanted to cry badly. But that was the thing that I should never do, especially now. I am a boy after all. Maybe this feeling was just because of my hormones, adolescence thingie. This would pass.

- - -

 

a/n: lol.i forgot to add an a/n...anyways...this is actually a trilogy. and i already finished this a long long time ago. so I'll be posting the next parts soon :))

enjoy~