Unexpected turn of events

Rose Among Thorns [Hiatus]

-Heera-

I was in SHINee's waiting room preparing the boys for their performance in this year's Golden Disk Awards. The boys are pretty excited to perform as i could see those happy faces. They've been looking forward to this event.

"I guess Super Junior hyungs would win this time too." Onew said his thoughts outloud.

"Yeah. I heard they had the most album sales this year." Key agreed.

"Everybody deserves to win, right noona?" Taemin turned to me. I just smiled in response.

"Noona must be pretty excited with Donghae hyung's performance later. Oh! Speak of the devil.. "Jonghyun turned at the door being opened and Donghae came in with Eunhyuk.

I was given a hug as soon as he entered the waiting room. "Hyung! Get a room! It's bad for the innocent Taemin." Onew teased SHINee's maknae Taemin. 

"You're both nervous?" I asked the two as soon as I was released from the hug.

"A bit... Maybe you could kiss the nervousness away." Eunhyuk pointed to his cheeks that earned him a murderous glare from Donghae. I laughed at the silliness of these two.

"I was just kidding.. " Eunhyuk raised both his hands with that gummy smile on his face.

"I think it's time for you guys to go already. It's about to start." I reminded and they left with enthusiasm.

"Good Luck!" I cheered at the nervous Donghae who was left as the others went out already. He just smiled and sent me a flying kiss. 

- - - -

It seemed that SHINee and Super Junior's performance was already over and they're just announcing the winners. I have went to Super Junior's waiting room. I had thought of waiting for them after the show ended.

Some staff from SM was also there and smiled at me. "You know... Donghae was extremely happy today. He wanted to win the award for you and his dad. That was extremely sweet of him."

Well, our relationship wasn't a secret to the staffs of SM and the company as well except from the media and the public.

"You're really lucky to have Donghae set his eyes on you... Oh! I'll be going back. I'm needed at the building. See you!" And with she left.

I noticed all of Donghae's valuable things placed on the table. His laptop, Ipod, cellphone was all exposed. That guy was really careless of his things so I took the initiative to put it all back in his bag.

There's this TV in the waiting room where you could see the broadcasting. They announced the winner which was SNSD. It was a little  disappointing that Super Junior didn't won. Well, SNSD deserved to win. That's a fact.

A few moments, I felt a pair of arms slid behind my waist. The familiar scent belonged to Donghae as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I could hear soft sobs that made me wonder why this man's crying.

"Hey, what's with those tears?" I placed a hand on his tear stained cheeks.

"I'm sad. We didn't get to win the award. I wanted Super Junior to win for appa and you... "And he started crying again.

I turned around and locked him in an embrace. It made me feel unhappy as that he he was this sad. Right now, I'm seeing his vulnerable side. 

"Hush... don't cry. You won't look handsome anymore if you cry." I tried to comfort him as I gently patted his back.

"I can't seem to stop... " His voice sounded like a whisper. I just sighed. 

"Okay... take your time." We sat on the sofa and there he cried on my shoulder. 

"Sorry... that we didn't win. "

"Hey... there's nothing for you to be sorry about. Even if you didn't win, those ELFs out there still love you. Win or lose, you're still Super Junior. And there's always a next time."

We stayed like that until he fell asleep. I carefully rested his head on my lap so that he could sleep comfortably. Maybe the whole thing made a big shock on him and add the fact that he's really tired made him fall asleep.Then, I felt his hands held onto mine.

The other members came in with sad expressions. 

"It really had a big impact on Donghae hyung." Siwon sadly commented as he saw him sleeping.

"Heera... we'll be taking Donghae now. We need to go home already." Sungmin said and took Donghae, who still asleep on my lap, with the help of Eunhyuk.

"I see....  Hey.. don't be sad. You can always win in again the next time." I smiled to lift up the heavy atmosphere.

"We're going to work harder from now on." Ryeowook said smiled weakly at me.

"That's better." And with that they left. 

Heechul remained since he brought his car with him. 

"Aren't you gonna cry like the others?" I asked as he seated himself on the driver's seat. He had offered to give me a ride.

"It's not my thing to cry... To tell you honestly, I had thought that we would win. It's really disappointing, though."

"That really happens. There's a winner and there would be someone wou would lose. It's a contest afterall."

"Yeah.. "And with that, he started the engine and we drove off.

*****