I Want to Tell You, I Love You, Minho

I Want to Tell You, I Love You, Minho

 

I could feel Minho’s heart beating faster and him breathing harder as I lay my head against his chest. The sound of his heartbeat was as beautiful as the melody in SHINee’s newest song, “For 1000 Years, Always by Your Side”.  Every time I think of that title, I think, “It would be amazing to be by Minho’s side for 1000 years.” It would feel nice, to just lie here, and feel his chest breathe in and out for all eternity. I shut my eyes and fell asleep to motion of his breathing chest. I thought to myself, “I really love him. I really do. He means everything to me. I never want anyone to hurt him. Even if I’m younger than him, I still want to protect him. He’s so special to me. I want to know what it would be like to be by his side, for 1000 years.” I cuddled in closer and just relaxed. Nothing felt more amazing than this exact moment. Nothing at all.

                Minho my hair. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were his golden brown eyes staring right at me. He giggled at the fact that I was falling asleep. I was tired and felt very relaxed in his arms. I couldn’t help but fall asleep and dream about his smile, but I guess witnessing it in person was much better. “Are you awake, Taeminnie?” he asked. “Of course I’m awake!” I quickly replied, then smiled. No one makes me smile like he does. He just laughed. I got up and stretched for a moment. He was probably annoyed and uncomfortable with my head on him for so long. But he never says anything or pushes away. I’m just never sure. “Are you hungry?” I turned around and asked him. He shook his head, “no.” “Are you sure? It really is no trouble to make you something. You hardly eat, Minho, that worries me,” I replied. “Don’t worry about me, Taemin.” Every time he says that, I just worry more. I always worry about him and I always think about him. I think about what he’s doing at the moment or whether he’s happy or sad. I looked over at him. He has this dazzling glow, this flaming charisma. He has everything I could ever want… but I could never tell him.

                For so long, I wanted to tell him that he is amazing. I wanted to tell him that all the things he does make me smile. I wanted to tell him that he meant the world to me. I can’t imagine my world without him. Most of all, I wanted to tell him that I love him. But how? It was so hard. Every chance I had, I chickened out. If he liked me, he would have told me by now, right? It’s all so hopeless. He probably doesn’t even feel the same way, or just sees me as a friend. Whether he feels the same way or not, I still feel the need to tell him. “Minho, I love you.”

                I sat back down next to him with my lips glued together so I wouldn’t burst out something stupid. I felt my eyes began to water, but I held in the tears as best as I could. If I started crying, he would ask me what’s wrong and I’ll have to come up with a million excuses. I can’t say I’m crying because of him, because I love him. “Is something the matter?” He asked, sliding his thumb across my face, wiping away my only tear. I pulled away and shook my head. “N-no, I’m fine.” He stopped and turned back to the screen. At that moment, I wish he would have wrapped his arms around and held me as tight as he could, but that was only hopeless.

                I finally stood up. I’VE HAD ENOUGH! With tears streaming down my face, before I knew it I was yelling, “Listen Minho, I love you. I love you so much and you mean everything to me. I’m tired of holding it in so I’m finally telling you how I feel. I’m finally confessing my true feelings towards. Choi Minho, I love you!” I stared at the ground for the next few seconds. My body shook from head to toe. I felt I was seconds away from fainting. I slowly brought my head and looked Minho in the eyes. “I-I-I…” My body froze. Minho stood up and walked towards me, placing his finger against my lips and quietly shhhh me. He took his hand and brushed the back of his fingers against my cheek. He grabbed my other hand his free hand and we locked fingers. He held my face and with his soft breath he whispered, “I love you too.” I was in shock. My heart raced like a stallion. And in that moment, his lips brushed against mine, and he kissed me. He kissed me.