Love at First Sight

Rivalry
"...And this is Yoo Youngjae. He will be the main vocal! Do take care of him!" The manager said as he brought the said man into the practice room. Jongup stopped dancing and almost slipped when he saw Youngjae. He felt his heart pumping blood rapidly and damn he felt uncomfortable. The manager told them to stand in one line and the current members started to introduce themselves.

"I'm Bang Yongguk, the leader and rapper. I'm definitely older than you,"

"I'm Kim Himchan, the visual and sub-vocalist. I'm around Yongguk's age,"

"I'm Choi Junhong but you can call me Zelo! I'm the rapper and maknae of the group!"

Jongup fidgeted with his sweat-stained shirt as Youngjae shook the members' hands, one by one, walking towards him. Finally, Youngjae's in front of him and he didn't know what to say. He have so many things to say, but it was as if there's fish bone lodged in his throat - he couldn't speak at all. He didn't make any eye-contact at all and it made Youngjae a bit nervous.

"Are you okay? If you are uncomfortable with me, it's okay! We can always break the ice!" Youngjae said, seeing as Jongup refused to look at him in the eye. He hurriedly took out his hands and shook it, loving how soft his hands were. Not only his hands were nice to touch, but his voice was nice to hear. "Er, you may let go of your hand now,"

"Ah-ah I'm s-sorry Y-Youngjae hyung!" Jongup quickly removed his hands and by now his face must be as red as a tomato. Youngjae giggled a little and Jongup wanted to just record his laughter down, making it his personal ringtone. "I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Moon Jongup and I'm the subvocal and dancer,"

"Dancer?! Oh my god that's so cool! Can you show me some moves?" Youngjae's eyes glistened, his lips curling into a smile as he clasped his hands in anticipation. Jongup simply stared blankly. "Go on Jongup!"

'Here goes nothing' Jongup muttered quietly to himself and he walked towards an empty space in the room. He pondered over which move would impress Youngjae and seeing as everyone waited for him patiently, he decided to do a simple breakdance. He landed himself on his palms and soon, he spun around, hoping that he didn't make any silly mistakes or what. Sure, he didn't mind making them in front of his hyungs, but Youngjae - he's different . It felt as if a simple tiny mistake would definitely change his impression of him.

Fortunately, he could feel the intense stare from the elder. Finishing the move, he stood up and saw Youngjae staring at him in awe.

"Oh god you danced so well! I bet I can't dance as well as you!" Youngjae teased as he punched Jongup's biceps. "Oh wow they're huge," Youngjae gasped as Jongup unconsciously flexed his muscle. Jongup by then was filled with embarrassment and he wanted to run out of the room.

"Th-thanks hyung. You just need to practice and you will get these," Jongup looked down, pointing to his arm, flexing it.

"Haha I don't think I have the determination to do that!" Youngjae replied and then, it was time for practice. They were handed a score for 'Warrior' and they practiced their parts. The whole time, Jongup stared at Youngjae intensively whenever he sang. He liked Youngjae's voice a lot, especially when he sang. That holy voice, the sweet melody that came out from his mouth were simply, well, literally music to his ears.

Their practice went on for weeks and each time, Jongup would find himself focusing on his hyung the whole time. Even though he's really, really horrible at dancing, his singing simply made up for it and he gained a secret fan among the group.

They went to Malaysia for a filming and during the trip, Jongup felt like spilling the beans out. However, he's afraid. He didn't even know if Youngjae's gay or bi, and what if instead, Youngjae will try to avoid him? That mere thought sent boulders crashing onto his heart, creating a stuffy feeling inside his chest. Truthfully, Jongup's satisfied now, at least. They became very good friends and now and then, they would always make jokes, laugh, or talk about their problems. However, a small part of Jongup wanted to take this even further. This was prevented when that negative thought flashed in front of him again.

One day, while they were all resting in their practice room, their manager walked in with a man, around their age. He bowed respectfully and Jongup have to admit, he's good looking.

"Hi! I'm Jung Daehyun and I will be one of the lead vocals!" the man called Daehyun introduced himself.

"One of the lead vocals! Oh god yes! Finally someone to blast the high notes for me! I'm Yoo Youngjae!" Youngjae suddenly exclaimed excitedly and Jongup have to control himself from hugging and squeezing his hyung. However, not when he saw Daehyun had the same expression as him when he first saw Youngjae. Fine, he didn't know how he looked like. But he was speechless, and had a dazed look.

"H-hi Y-Youngjae ssi,"

Yeap, he was stuttering just like him. Silently, Jongup began to feel worried as to whether he would have a rival in the group. He didn't want that, but feelings are hard to control.

"Haha, why is everyone stuttering when they see me?" Youngjae joked and punched Daehyun's arm. Daehyun simply laughed it off dumbly . Whether or not Daehyun is his rival, Jongup have to observe more.

-SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING MY FICS! I have been slacking these few days .___.-