Chapter One: Pilot

Dazed

Chapter One: Pilot


It was cold. Freezing cold to be exact. But that didn't stop Myungsoo from taking photo's of the model before him. He enjoyed what he was doing, especially when the model began giving hints of her affection for the photographer. Her eyes showed a hint of lust and affection which made Myungsoo smirk as he stared through the camera lenses. Just another victim, falling for his charm. After taking a few more shots, Myungsoo stretched as he gave his camera to his assistant , Sunggyu. "We're done" he yelled, making the model pout as she watched his figure make his way towards the van. Dragging her long, white, gown along with her the model ran ignoring the snow that was ruining her dress. Sunggyu frowned as he watched the model knock for nth time on Myungsoo's car window. "Aren't you going to open up your window? It's cold outside and she's just waiting out there" he said but Myungsoo shrugged. Opening his eyes in annoyance, Myungsoo peered out the window only to notice the model waving while her eyes were squinted, forcing out an eye-smile. It only took a wink for the model to melt, making Myungsoo scoff. "I think we're done here, let's go back to the lodge. It's cold!" Sunggyu did as instructed and started off the engine, leaving the model confused.

Jihae ran, hoping not to miss the bus but eventually failed by 3 seconds. Scratching her head in frustration, Hoya laughed as he played with her hair. "Let's just go to a nearby cafe and warm up there, hm?" Jihae lazily nodded and did as followed. The two entered a cosy cafe and took a seat by the window, enjoying Japan's winter view. Speaking in his best Japanese, Hoya ordered two cup's of hot cocoa and a chocolate muffin for the two. The waiter left and the two basked in silence enjoying each other's presence, until Jihae spoke up. "Are you going to miss Japan?" Hoya thought for awhile before smiling, "Of course I will, we have so much memories here!" he chuckled, playing with Jihae's hair, a habit of his that he's been doing for years. The two had been bestfriends for years, after living in the same neighborhood since preschool their friendship had blossomed, a friendship that nobody understood. Soon after, the waiter arrived with their ordered food and after placing their mugs and plates on the table, Jihae took a bite off the muffin making Hoya smile. "Your like a little girl trapped in a 22 year old's body!" Jihae pouted, before taking another bite. 

Meanwhile, back at the lodge Myungsoo ran a hand through his jet-black hair after looking through the photographs he took from the photoshoot. Each and every one of the photo's came out either blurry or not to his liking. Just then, when things were heated up, his cell phone rang, it was the director for the project he was doing in Japan. "How did the photo's turn out? Great? Beautiful? Explicit?" Myungsoo silently scoffed as his eyes landed on his camera "How do you want the photo's to turn out as?" heavy breathing was heard through the other line and Myungsoo knew his director was in deep thinking. "Natural. I want everything to look natural. Remember the photoshoot is focusing on the product not the model" and with that, Myungsoo smiled, "Okay, I got it". 

Jihae was standing by the side-walk waiting for Hoya to pick up the car. After finishing her degree in agriculture, mastering in gardening, she was finally going to come back to Korea where she will be reuniting with her mother. Shifting her head from left to right, Hoya was nowhere to be seen, so by killing time, Jihae decided to wander around the street's of Japan one last time. Her eyes suddenly caught the attention of a jewelry store. Upon entering, staff smiled as others clapped. Jihae frowned in confusion as if something went wrong. "Congratulations! You are, our 1000th visitor!" Jihae awkwardly smiled as staff brought her over to a jewelry stand. "This is our new range in jewelry and you can have it all for free" Jihae's eyes widened. She wasn't much of a jewelry fan and only wore a plain gold bracelet and studded earrings gifted from Hoya on her 18th birthday. Scratching the back of her neck, Jihae watched as one of the staff wrap the gold,  delicate pearl, necklace around her neck replacing her old necklace from her mother, "Isn't it beautiful?" Jihae awkwardly nodded as staff handed over the new pearl earrings to her, "Wear this! It'll suit the necklace!".

Myungsoo ran a hand through his jet, black hair as he ran around the streets of Japan hoping to find some 'natural' shots, instructed from the director. In a way, he was happy the photoshoot from earlier wasn't as great as planned, the model was too 'fake' for his liking. Stopping at the end of the footpath, Myungsoo stared through his camera lenses when suddenly the unexpected happened. It was as if God had answered his prayers, there stood a girl naturally smiling to herself admiring the subtle snowfall; not only that, she was also wearing the line of jewelry his project was on. Smiling to himself, Myungsoo took numerous amounts of shots whilst humming a tune to himself.

"What took you so long!" Jihae lightly smacked Hoya's arm as he pouted pretending to be offended. "I just got a call. Our flight has been delayed, we have to stay in Japan for a few more days here until everything in immigration is settled". Jihae sighed, I guess she had to wait to see her mother. "Hey new jewelry, cute!" Hoya teased.

Three Days later

Myungsoo smirked to himself as he observed his work. The photo's he had taken were all over Japan. TV, posters even billboards, not only that but also the sales of the jewelry line where high all thanks to him for taking a picture of a total stranger. In the meantime, Hoya and Jihae were taking a night stroll around the streets of Japan when suddenly Hoya came to a halt infront of a jewelry store. "Hey i-it's you!" He stuttered. Jihae turned wide-eyed, it really was her. 

Little did Jihae know that, that single photo will lead to a much more interesting future ahead. 


First chapter is up! How do you guy's like it?
As stated in the forward, this story is an inspiration from 'Love Rain' a k-drama starring Yoona from SNSD and Jang Geun Suk.
Please comment~


heart-warming ♡