Trouble with a Gamer Boyfriend

Trouble with a Gamer Boyfriend

"Kyuhyun, what are you doing up right now?" Jongwoon asked as he walked out of their room to find the younger playing a video game in the living room.

"Playing Final Fantasy."


"You do realize we have class in the morning, right?"

"Yeah, but I haven’t made it to a save point yet." Kyuhyun said, completely focused on the game.

"You haven’t found a save point in two hours?" The younger paused the game and turned to look at the older. "What?"

"Haven’t you ever played Final Fantasy? You can go a long time without finding a save point in some of them." Jongwoon rolled his eyes before heading back to the room but paused at the doorway.

"Hurry up and find one. You’re keeping me awake with all the noise."

"Hyung, the volume is barely even up and I’ve barely said a word."

"Yeah well I can still hear it." He said before closing the door.

When Jongwoon got up that morning, he found Kyuhyun asleep on the couch with the game still on. Jongwoon moved the controller, careful not to bump any of the buttons, knowing if he did anything to mess up the game, Kyuhyun would try to murder him. He decided to take his shower before waking the younger up. Much to his surprise, Kyuhyun had woken up while he was in the shower and moved to the kitchen and started to make some coffee before sitting at the table and resting his head on it, almost falling back asleep. Jongwoon ruffled the younger’s hair as he went to find some breakfast.

"I told you to find a save point quickly and go to bed." The younger just groaned. Jongwoon smiled at Kyuhyun’s actions and poured both of them a cup of coffee, setting one down in front of Kyuhyun and taking a seat across from him.

"I wanted to get the next aeon first."

"What is an aeon?"

"It’s a special creature you can summon during a fight and they’re important for the last boss. You have to go through these temples, that are a giant puzzle you have to solve in order to make it to the room where you acquire the aeon." Kyuhyun finally sat up in order to explain.

"Oh. Well get ready for class we need to leave in twenty minutes." Jongwoon set his cup in the sing before heading back to the room, Kyuhyun following shortly afterwards.


"It’s so cold out." Kyuhyun complained after they walked out of their class.

"You should’ve dressed warmer." Jongwoon simply stated.

"I didn’t know it would get so cold. It’s even snowing." The older sighed but took his scarf and wrapped it around Kyuhyun and grabbed his hand, leading him back towards their dorm.

"Kyuhyun! Jongwoon hyung!" Both stopped and turned around to see where the voice was coming from.

"Oh Zhoumi, what’s up?" Kyuhyun asked once the other caught up to them.

"Heechul hyung set me up on a blind date tomorrow night. But what’s going on with you two."

"I want to get back to my dorm so I can continue my game."

"What game?"

"Final Fantasy."

"I forgot you said you just got it. Can I borrow it when you beat it?"

"I don’t know. I’ll have to think about it."

"Oh come on Kyuhyun, you know I’m careful with anything I borrow."

"I said I’ll think about. But we should get going, my hands are freezing, and my game is waiting for me."

"Fine. See you guys later."

"Yeah. Good luck with your date tomorrow." Jongwoon and Kyuhyun waved good bye to Zhoumi before heading home.

"Hey. Do you want some hot chocolate?" The older asked once they entered their dorm.

"Yes!" Kyuhyun shouted from the living room as he already rushed back to the couch to continue playing his game. Jongwoon joined him a few minutes later with hot chocolate for each of them and watched Kyuhyun play his game.


"So what is your obsession with these games? I seriously don’t get it. Though I’m surprised anything could pull you away from your online games."

"I have to switch it up every once in awhile. And Final Fantasy is one of the greatest RPG games out there. You should try it."

"I’m not very good at video games, you know that."

"Oh come on Woonie, try it. I’ll teach you how to play it. Besides, as my boyfriend, shouldn’t you try to get into the stuff I like?" Kyuhyun pouted since he knew the older couldn’t resist it. The older sighed and Kyuhyun knew he won.

"Fine. I’ll try it." Kyuhyun smiled and gave the older a quick kiss before setting up a new game for him. "So what am I doing first?" Jongwoon asked once the controller was handed to him.

"It’s the beginning of the game so it will tell you what to do, but there is going to be a lot of cut scenes with a little bit of play time in between." Jongwoon had just started and was already slightly lost at what he was doing. "You have a map in the top corner of the screen. Your character is the yellow triangle and you need to head towards the red triangle. It’s not that hard to figure out."

"Yeah, not that hard for you who grew up playing video games, I’ve only played what you’ve made me."

"What is that thing?" Jongwoon asked when one of the main cut scenes started.

"Sin. It’s what you’re going to try and defeat through the game. They’ll explain what everything is soon, so just do as the game tells you."

"Wait. I have a sword?"

"Yes, the character fights with a sword. Make sure you pay attention to your HP."

"My what?"

"Your HP. It’s your health, the bars in the corner by the characters names. If that gets to zero, you’re dead. Hey don’t try and beat all of these monsters just try and fight your way through to the main one." Kyuhyun and Jongwoon spent the next few hours trying to teach Jongwoon how to play and finally took a break when their stomachs growled.

"I’ll make dinner since I just got to a save point and you can continue your game for the evening."

"Alright. Make something yummy."

"I always make something yummy. I actually know how to cook without setting the kitchen on fire." Jongwoon teased.

"Hey it was one time! And omma has banned me from the kitchen since."

"Just play your game." Jongwoon said trying to hold his laughter as he went to make dinner.

Kyuhyun played on his save file for the rest of the evening until Jongwoon pulled him to bed. The next morning after breakfast, Jongwoon continued on his save file, still being instructed on what to do by Kyuhyun ninety percent of the time.

"Hey what do I do here?"

"Use the shoulder buttons to switch characters. Remember these guys are weak to magic, so you need to bring in Lulu. Wait! Don’t take him out. You need to keep him in, since you want to be able to level him up the most. Attack the other monster with him and then switch your next character out."

"Oh, I got it. Now do I just attack with her?"

"No. Never attack with her. Unless you’re bored and a lot stronger so you can drag a battle on. Lulu and Yuna’s attacks are beyond weak. They’re both mostly used for magic."

"Oh, right. I see." Kyuhyun sighed and watched his boyfriend continue to forget what character is best for which monsters and wasting a lot of his characters’ health.

"Hey, you have a chance to stock up on some potions, make sure you do so. You never want to run out of those cause you can’t count on Yuna to heal all the time."

"How much money do I have?"

"It tells you in the corner. And it won’t let you buy more then you can afford. Don’t forget to buy a couple of the other items, like antidotes, phoenix downs, eye drops and so on. You never know when you can use one."

"Okay, okay, I got it. You don’t need to tell me every time." And one point Kyuhyun had ordered take out for them so they didn’t have to worry about cooking when they got hungry. "SO how exactly do I use this chart?"

"That’s your level up. I can’t believe you haven’t used it yet. It’s like a giant game board but you can only move a couple spaces at a time so you can fill in all the spheres."

"What if I don’t have one of the spheres?"

"Then stop at the farthest point you can go while still being able to fill in the sphere once you get it."

"So move here?"

"No that’s too far. You can only go to the next space after the one you’re missing."

"But I still have movement points."

"That’s alright, you don’t want to miss anything, cause if you do your character won’t be as strong as they should be."

"Oh." Kyuhyun sighed again. He didn’t think it would be so much of a challenge to teach his boyfriend how to play Final Fantasy. They played late into the night and fell asleep on the couch in the early morning.


"Hyung? Kyuhyun?" Jongwoon slowly woke up and found the game on pause with Kyuhyun leaning against him and Zhoumi standing in their living room with another boy.

"How did you get in Mimi?"

"The door was open. Did you guys fall asleep here?"

"Obviously." A groggy Kyuhyun stated as he started to wake up.

"Well it’s already afternoon, you guys must have been up late to sleep in this much. Oh hyung, did you finish the section of our project yet?"

"Oh . No. I was going to work on it yesterday and instead Kyuhyun got me playing his game." Jongwoon practically jumped off the couch causing Kyuhyun to fall over, and ran back into their bedroom.

"So how did the date go?"

"Pretty good I would say since Henry and I are dating now." Zhoumi said, raising the linked hands with the boy behind him. "Surprising enough, Henry and I already knew each other but Heechul hyung set us up on a date yesterday."

"Well that’s good. Woonie I’m saving your game and switching to mine!" Kyuhyun shouted back towards the room and got a ‘whatever’ in reply. A few minutes later a cleaned up Jongwoon walked out of the room with his bag, still looking a little frantic.

"Hey Zhoumi and I need to go work on our project."

"Alright. When are you going to be back?"

"A little after dinner time probably. And hey if Heechul tries to kill me for not having my work done, your is in so much trouble."

"Just tell him it was final fantasy and he’ll understand."

"Brat." Jongwoon said but pulled Kyuhyun’s face towards his own and kissed the younger. "I love you. See you tonight. And give the playstation a break before you overheat it."

"Love you too. I will….tonight." Kyuhyun smirked at his boyfriend before waving goodbye and going back to his game.




A/N: Okay this was totally random. I felt like writting so asked my friends for ideas for a oneshot and got college au kyusung and zhoury and final fantasy and well this is what happened. not the greatest but eh I wrote it quickly.
comments please.^^

^^♥