Chapter 2

Past and Present

 

 

 

“How about some food? I'm sure you're quite hungry.” I was positive she had heard my stomach growling. As if on cue, a guard entered the room with a platter full of food. It smelled delicious. I was so hungry that I could feel my mouth water just by smelling it.

 

“Tch! You probably drugged that food.” I was still acting stubborn. I wasn't sure why either. I was starving, and willing to do anything she wanted just for a bite of food.

 

“This food was specially prepared for me, so that is not the case. You're quite paranoid aren't you?” Her tone sounded so sassy that it annoyed me. I rolled my eyes, and edged my body closer to the steaming plate of food. I could smell fresh meat.

 

“Just unchain me, and let me eat!” I wiggled around trying to get closer to the food. I heard her giggle. It just wasn't right that she enjoyed watching me suffer because of her. I growled in annoyance at her expecting her to unchain me. She cupped my cheek, and held up a piece of meat above my head.

 

“I'd rather feed you myself. Now open wide.” I wasn't keen to being fed like a dog, but I did what she said anyways. She dropped the piece into my mouth, and chewed on the savory meat. She kept feeding me like this with different kinds of food. She seemed to really enjoy my reactions to the food, and I really enjoyed eating it.

 

“Thank you...” I muttered quietly. She must of heard me because I saw her smiling widely. I don't want to admit it, but she looked pretty cute. Cute, and harmless. The exact opposite of what she was. I knew she was really a sadistic person on in the inside.

 

“Aww. You're being polite to me.” She kissed my cheek, and I wasn't sure why. She seemed oddly attached to me for whatever reason. I wasn't interested at all. I just wanted to get the hell out of this place, and go home. The easy way to do that was perhaps up to her.

 

“Don't get used to it!” I rolled on my side away from her. That didn't stop her from pulling me into her arms again. I sighed, and gave in. It was obvious I couldn't get away from her. I just didn't understand why she was being so clingy to a stranger like me.

 

“Why don't you sleep in here tonight with me? I promise to take good care of you.” I heard a drop of lust in her voice. It made me shiver. I shook my head, and attempted to push her away with my body, but it back fired. I ended up grinding against her making her go 'oooh'. I'm pretty sure she figured I was playing hard to get...

 

“Why would I want that??” I felt her lips trailing kisses down my neck now.

 

“You can back to the dungeon if you want.” I thought of the screaming people, dirty floor, and everything else down there. I shook my head quickly. This woman was annoying, but at least she was somewhat kind.

 

“I'll stay.” I replied back.

 

“You know I really like you. You're different from anyone else I've ever met.” She stared deeply into my eyes with a look of a love sick teenager. I raised an eyebrow. I still didn't understand what exactly she saw in me.

 

“You don't even know me!” Her innocent expression turned dark. She looked thoroughly pissed off. I didn't know such a thing would set her off.

 

“SILENCE!” She screamed, and pulled away from me. I guess it was safe to say that I hurt her feelings with my rejection. The room was quiet for a long while. I grew bored of just laying there, and fell asleep.

 

When I awoke I felt a nice breeze than I hadn't before. I was able to move my arms now. I looked at my wrists to see deep imprints from the chains on my wrists. I winced moving my hand along them, and sat up. The blanket covering my body fell off, and it was then I discovered I was . I began to freak out, and looked around the room for any sign of the queen. She wasn't there. I tried to get up from the bed, but now my ankles with chained together so I could not walk. I searched every inch of the room with my eyes for my clothing, but it was no where in sight.

 

“HEY! Where are my clothes!?” I shouted to no one in particular. The two double doors to the bed room opened, and the queen pranced on in. She gazed at my exposed body, and her lips. I twitched in disgust, and threw the blanket back over myself.

 

“Your clothes were disgustingly dirty, so I sent them to be washed. Problem?” She sat down on the bed, and placed her hand on the blanket. She began to pull it down, but I pulled back so she couldn't lower it anymore. She frowned, and pulled harder leaving us in a tug-of-war.

 

“YEAH! I'm !” I jerked the blanket away from her grasp, and wrapped myself in it. In an instant she ripped it off my body, and tossed it across the room. I wrapped my arms around my chest protectively, and squeezed my legs shut tight. She got on top of me, and tried prying my arms off, but I managed to fend her off.

 

“I like it that way.” She let go of my arm, and ran her hands down my thighs. I cringed, and tried to bite her hand. She swatted me away, and reached for a pair of handcuffs. I groaned, not looking forward to having my wrists burn again. I attempted to distract her.

 

“You ert! You did stuff to my body while I was asleep didn't you!?” She turned in disbelief, and furrowed her brow at me. I stuck my tongue out at her, and she grabbed a hold of it. I squirmed around as she pulled on my tongue.

 

“It is a hefty crime to accuse the queen of such acts!” She released my tongue, and picked up something that looked like a whip. My eyes widened, and I started to feel slightly frightened.

 

“I see you still haven't changed a bit Jinri.” I heard a deep voice come out of no where. I turned around to see a well dressed blonde haired man. He looked just like a prince you would see straight out of a fairy tale. He looked strong, and well built. That queen looked shocked to see him. I assumed perhaps there was something between them at one point?

 

“...Why are you here?” I was surprised to hear the woman who acted so high, and mighty sounding a bit shy. I was truly amused to see she had a weak point in her. I would just have exploit it a little more, and plan my escape from this wretched place.

 

“I wanted to see if you were still interested in having a king for your kingdom. I still want to marry you.”