The Truth

Lies, Lives, and Hidden Past Times

 

“Unnie, are you sure she’s okay?” A voice said, causing me to wake up. “Of course she is, she’s just sle-she’s waking up” Another voice answered as my eyes fluttered open. I saw two blurry figures looking down at me. I rubbed my eyes as they were getting used to the sudden exposure to bright lights. I sat up and stared at the two females staring at me too.

 

We remained quiet as I analyzed both of them, I had a weird feeling they were doing the same to me too. One girl seemed to be younger than the other one, with short brown hair and almost black eyes curiously looking at me. The other one’s expression had more of worry than curiosity. Although she seemed stricter that the other, she had a soft expression on her face. Her eyes scanned my body, it seemed like she was checking if I had met any injuries. Figuring that I wasn’t even scratched, she looked up at me and smiled.

 

“Hi, my name is Bo-”

 

“Unnie, my name is Gong Minjy. Gong Minjy! Do you remember me?” The girl with the short hair suddenly exclaimed, she had a big smile on her face and she was jumping up and down like she was on caffine. Teen girls and their hyperness, you need along time to get used to that. I couldn’t help but smile at the enthusiasm Minjy gave me. The other girl however wasn’t as amused as I was.

 

“Minjy, calm down. She needs time to absorb everything. Lets take it slowly.” She told the girl beside her who now has a cute pout plastered on her face. She looked back up at me and smiled, “Hi, my name is Bom. Are you hungry? Do you want anything to eat?”

 

Thinking about it, I never had a chance to eat breakfast. Jiyong barged in my room and took me to this place before I could ever get a bite from my usual Strawberry Jam bread breakfast. A low grumble was released by my stomach just thinking about food. Both of the girls smiled, “Do you want us to bring your food here, Unnie? Or do you want to eat in the dining room?”

“Don’t bother. I’ll just eat in the dining room, I can manage.” I smiled at them as I got off the bed and slipped on the shoes that were laid next to the bed.  Minjy locked her arm with my arm and proceeded to follow Bom to the Dining Room. As we were walking to our destination, I caught a glimpse of the different rooms that were in between the room I stayed in and the dining room. They all looked like they belonged to teenagers, some with the color of blue, orange, black, pink, and white. I thought I caught a glimpse of Jiyong on his table, concentrating on what he was writing. I wonder why there are so many rooms here, who are the other people that lived there?

 

“You can sit beside me, Unnie.” Minjy whispered as we entered the dining room.

 

In the middle of the room was a long polished brown table filled with a variety of mouthwatering food, it made my stomach make a few more grumbling noises. Thank goodness no one seemed to hear it. Beside the table were ten seats, four of which were taken. Minjy lead me to the seat between her and a boy that was staring at me. I flashed a smile at him as I sat down in the dining table.

 

“Seungri, cut it out. You’re creeping her out” The man who was seated next to Bom said. The boy next to me sighed and looked at the man with pleading eyes, “But hyung, she’s so pretty!” I guess the name of the kid staring at me is Seungri then, he’s a charmer.

 

“Me? Creeping her out?! How can I do that? Everyone loves me. Look what Minjy is doing to her, now that’s creepy!” He retorted back, folding his arms on his chest and looking away from them with a hurt expression on his face.

 

“Oppa! How can you say that?! I am just being friendly?!” Minjy whined as she wiggled on her seat. “Yah! Both of you shut up and Daesung, slow down in eating. You look like a pig!” Bom exclaimes, causing the other person to life his head off his plate and smile at Bom.

 

“Sorry, Noona.”

 

“Dara, don’t be shy. Eat.” Bom smiled sweetly at me, Seungri shivered in his seat. “Bom Noona looks really scary when she smiles” he whispered to himself.

 

“Yah! I heard that you pabo! You are going to get it fro-”

 

“Excuse me” I whispered

 

Not even a second after, everything was so silent. Everyone was looking at me. Their eyes filled with either  a worried, amused, shocked, or curious expression. “Yes, Dara?” Bom asked, breaking the awkward silence that enveloped us just seconds ago.

 

“I just wanted to ask, who are you people and why am I here? I am so confused right now.” I said in a very small voice. I was honestly scared of what their answer would be. I mean, I didn’t know anything of my past. I only remembered a glimpse of my parents and my life in the orphanage. I didn’t know any of these people. I didn’t even know where I was or why I was here. I needed to know.

 

“Are you sure you want to talk about this now, Unnie?” Minjy asked me, she looked rather worried about it too. This made me regret actually asking my question.

 

“I guess. I have been racking my brain to get the answers but I can’t really seem to find any of them. Maybe you guys could help me.”

 

“Dara, lets talk about it later after we eat” Bom sighed, looking at me quite worriedly. Why were they reacting to that question this way?

 

“But I really want to kno-”

 

“Bom, she has the right to know when she wants to know. The only question is if you want me to tell her or do you want to tell her instead?” The guy with smoky-eyes said, taking a bit beef his beef right after saying his statement. Bom sighed but proceeded to answer his question, “I’ll tell her”

 

She put down her chopstick and looked straight at me. It seemed like she was looking for something inside of me. I quickly looked away and down to my food, I felt nervous because of the way she looked at me.

 

“When you were nine years old, your parents discovered a chip. Now this chip wasn’t any ordinary piece of metal, this chip had all the information anyone needed to take control of everything. If it went to the wrong hands, they could and would use it to destroy and control everything. That’s what one man wanted to do, his name was Tae Hyun and he was the head of the Malvir Org.”

 

“This organization’s aim was only one thing. To get the chip.” The guy with the smoky-eyes beside Bom said rather calmly.

 

“I don’t get it. How are you guys involved in this then?”

 

“Your parents tried everything to destroy the files in it, also trying to destroy the chip itself but they were not successful. Your parents needed to hide it from them but they couldn’t do it alone, they needed back-up so they called their circle of friends which consists of our parents, who were agents of Korea at that time too.”Minjy explained. My parents were agents? You have got to be kidding me.

 

Bom continued on with her story, “All of them pledged their life to protect the chip from anything that wanted their hands on it so they decided to quit their jobs for the government and build their own headquarters wherein they can protect the chip 24/7.”

 

“This headquarter was separated and hidden from all of humanity, it is also the same headquarters that we are in right now.” Seungri added, Bom glared at him which made him shut up.

 

“They started living here, bringing their families with them.”Bom continued, “A mistake in their part” another voice butted in, I look to see the owner of the voice and was surprised to see Jiyong sitting in between two empty chairs and reaching out to get a piece of meat from the tray. Although he was concentrated on the food, I could still see in his eyes a cold aura.

 

“Jiyong, I’m glad you finally joined us” The man beside Bom said

 

“I was hungry, nothing I could do Seunghyun” He said rather uninterestedly, he than took a mouthful of rice. Seunghyun, so that is what his name was.

 

“Back to what I was saying. One day, the capsule that was protecting the chip broke, letting electricity pass through the chip. This caused the chip to send radiation throughout the headquarters. They thought that it was nothing since we didn’t seem to be affected by it anyways so they didn’t mind it all and decided to just fix the capsule.”

 

“Another mistake” Jiyong whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, TOP glared at him once again.

 

Bom shook her head but proceeded with her tale, “After a year, Malvir found out about our headquarters and attacked it. You and your parents were about to get caught but all our parents risked their lives and protected you. You were the only ones who escaped, with the chip of course. As for us, we were captured and brought the Malvir central headquarters. They asked our parents where the chip was, but as they promised, they didn’t say anything. This lead to their death.”

 

I gasped as a sudden slam was heard. It came from Jiyong’s place, I looked over at him and saw his right hand in a tight fist on the wooden table. He seemed angry, he was surrounded by an aura that showed hatred. It scared me, he stood up and left the table. I heard all of the others sigh.

 

Minjy tugged on the sleeve of my shirt and said, “It was horrible, unnie. They tortured us everyday! Put us in experiments that would hurt us.” She was shaking, as a tear dropped down her face. My heart started hurting, this was my entire fault. It was my fault why they experienced all this pain and suffering. I wrapped my arms around her, her shaking was unstoppable.

 

“We escaped their after four years of pain. Four years without feeling the sunlight. We fled, we didn’t care where but we did.”Daesung slightly smiled, looking at no one in particular.

 

“TOP lead us back to this place. We figured that since they thought that it was destroyed, they would never think of coming back here. It was fortunate for us to find everything not fully destroyed, we quickly got it together again and started living here.” Bom continues, “Then, something happened. Minjy came running to us and telling us about the chip and your parents. She dragged us to one of the rooms and showed us the video she came across. It was your parents, Dara. They explained everything to us. It seemed that right after they brought you to the orphanage, they recorded that video there. Hoping that we would find it and we did. They explained what happened and our mission.”

 

“Where are they now?”

 

TOP shook his head and whispered, “They were killed as they were trying to destroy Malvir.” My heart broke into pieces, and so were the dreams of me getting to see them again.

 

“Why did they bring me to the orphanage and how come I don’t remember any of this?” I asked, my head were filled with questions waiting to be answered my whole life. This was the chance, my chance to understand my past. The past I never knew.

 

“They did this to protect you, Noona.  They injected a serum that made you forget everything that happened so that you wouldn’t be able to tell anyone that may tell Malvir. They didn’t want you to know, they hid you from everyone so that they wouldn’t find you. Of course they eventually did.” Seungri answered

 

“What did they tell you? What was your mission?”

 

“They told us about our parents pledge and promise. We have only one mission. That mission was to protect you.” Bom answered hesitantly, looking down at her food. Her answer made me confused. Why did they need to guard me?

 

“Me? Why protect me? I am just a 17 year old orphan”

 

“Because they embedded the Chip in you. The chip is in you, Dara.” 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's note: HIII! Second chapter! Thank you for all the people who subscribed! Dont be scared to do so and comment! Sorry if its long! :D