i love you (one-shot)

Only If You Knew

It was her weekly routine and it had becomes his as well. Everyday he would come to her music shop were she worked and buy new CD and pay at the till where she was sat at and not say much. They made small conversation and that was it. This had been going on for couple of months and she wanted to say something but couldn’t bring herself to say it. 

That day was also the same he came and went and she just stared after him not know her manager was observing her closely. 

Manager: yah yoona-ah.

Yoona: yeh joon oppa.

Joon: why don’t you just talk to jaebom?

Yoona: ehh?

Joon: come on man. It’s been months and you’ve done nothing. You haven’t even made a proper conversation with him. Just ask him out for a coffee or something.

Yoona: come on oppa if I ask him that won’t you think he will get the idea that I am some sort of a stalker and a desperate girl.

Joon: well you’re already his silent stalker.

Yoona: what do you mean?

Joon: you stare at him the moment he comes in and don’t stop until he is out of your sight. And on top of that you know the exact time when he comes in and you know his address and well that sort of makes you a mild silent stalker.

Yoona: oh god. Do you think he knows?

Joon: no but if I were you I’d tell him soon. I mean he’s handsome and it won’t be long before he’s off market.

Yoona: how do you know he’s single?

Joon: who’s to say he isn’t. It’s worth finding out man.

Yoona: what if he’s dating someone.

Joon: its better to find out than just sit there silently fantasizing about him.

Yoona: you know what you’re right. Next week when he comes I’ll ask him. 

But the next week he didn’t come and the week after he didn’t come. She just waited and waited and soon enough she was getting the idea that perhaps he had found a girlfriend and he had no time to come in the shops. But still that didn’t stop her from waiting for him week after week. Joon watched as yoona went from bright cheerful girl to this unhappy star that had lost her shine. Finally he couldn’t take it anymore and confronted her.

Joon: can I give you a piece of advice?

Yoona: hmm?

Joon: why don’t you just go to his house and ask for him?

Yoona: that just looks desperate.

Joon: look you’re going to get nothing by sitting there and looking out. Go to his house and see how he is doing.

Yoona: but-

Joon: just go okay. I am giving you the day off. Otherwise I am going to pay you less this month.

Yoona: you can’t threaten me.

Joon: it’s my shop and I’ll do what I want.

Yoona: fine I’ll go but if I go there and find out he has a girlfriend you’re paying me double this month.

Joon: deal.

Yoona: fine.

Joon: good luck.

Yoona: thanks.

As yoona takes his address (she got it when he had ordered a CD from the shop when the one he wanted was out of stock) and makes her way to his house. It was in a nice area where everything looked so clean and very classy. Finally after a while she stopped in front of his house and was starting to get fast heart beats and sweaty palms. As she made her way up the stairs she hesitated before finally managing to knock on the door. And when it opened in front of her stood this pale looking fragile woman whose eyes were puffy possibly from crying. But when she saw yoona a smile on her face came.

Yoona: Ummm... hi my name is yoo-

Lady: I know who you are. You’re yoona aren’t you?

Yoona: how do you know my name?

Lady: my name is park Bom. I am jaebom’s mom. He talked about you a lot.

Yoona: (blushing) oh really?

Bom: yeh. You’re just like he described an pretty angle.

Yoona: thank you. By the way might I ask where he is?

Bom: (tearful) you better come in. have a seat dear.

Yoona: what’s going on?

Bom: do you remember when he stopped coming into you shop.

Yoona: yes. It was about a month and a half ago.

Bom: correct. Now don’t be upset. He told me to tell you he didn’t want you to cry.

Yoona: what’s going on?

Bom: wait here. (She goes out of the room and comes back with an envelope). Here take this he left this for you before he left.

Yoona: left. Where did he go?

Bom: he..he...he passed away exactly a month and half ago. He was suffering from cancer. Doctors had told him he had one month left to go and perhaps couple more if he takes the treatment. But he told me that he didn’t want to spend the time he has left in a hospital bed but instead he wants to be with someone his heart desires and that some one was you. Going into the shops was just his excuse to talk to you and see you and that kept him going for that extra half months. And let me tell you he would come home after seeing you and would have a huge smile on his face. I am thankful to you that you made my son happy during his last remaining days.

Yoona: (completely crying and still in shock) please tell me this is a joke. Please tell me I fell and hit my head and I am dreaming and when I wake up he’ll be there so I can let that fool know I loved him too.

Bom: (crying and hugging her) can I tell you another thing? (Yoona nods her head) before he took his last breath he said this exact things to me “mom I don’t want you to tell her about me passing away. Just let her be the way she is happy. I don’t know if she loves me or not but if she does she’ll come looking for me. And when she does give her this letter in there is everything I want to say to her. When she finds out my feelings that’ll be the day when my soul can finally rest in peace and I’ll be happy knowing my love wasn’t one sided”.

Yoona: that fool why didn’t he say anything?

Bom: I want you to read the letter now but not here go up to his room.

Yoona makes her way up looking at the pictures of him on the wall. He looked happy in every single one of them. But when she gets to her room she breaks down on what she sees. There on his bedroom wall are pictures he drew of her and on the side are all the CD’s that he bought and they were still unopened. She sits on his bed and starts reading.

“Dear yoona,

           By the time you read this I won’t be around and will never be able to see or hold you the way I want to. When you read this I want you to know how much I regret not being man enough to let you know how I feel in person and how much I regret not being able to say more than few words to you. But even those few words exchanged with you were enough to make my heart happy for the rest of the day. From the moment I saw you I fell in love. I normally don’t believe in love at first sight but with you it was different. there were days when I felt really weak but knowing that I’ll be able to see you I still came and everyday I would say I’ll tell you how I feel but everyday I would chicken out. As I am writing this my hands are getting weaker and it hurts but as I bid you farewell I just want to let you know that I love you and I am glad I got to love you because you made my last few days the happiest. And if dying again in next life means I’ll see you again and be able to love you again then I’ll die a hundred deaths. I couldn’t have you in this life but I hope in every next life that you will be mine. For the last time I love you.

                                                                                                                                                   Yours, Jaebom."

                                                                                 

Yoona: (crying) you stupid man. If you had let me know then I wouldn’t have done those things. If you were smart enough you would’ve opened those CD’s and seen all the letters I wrote to you that I hid in every single one hoping you would feel the same way I did. Why didn’t you huh? I loved you so much you stupid and I always will.

 Yoona sat in his room for hours and opened all the CD’s and read them out loud while crying at the same time. even after she finished she cried and cried and cried while laying down on his bed were he took his last breath. His mom went upstairs to see how she was because yoona had been up there for a long time. when she went to his room she saw that all the CD’s were opened and that yoona was sleeping. She started to read the letters and tears started to flow again. After a while she tried to wake yoona up to tell her to go home but yoona didn’t respond. She shook her by the shoulders but it just went limp. She checked her pulse and her breathing but there was nothing not even a faint sound. Yoona had died because she couldn’t breath properly because of the crying. She had taken her last breath where jaebom had taken his.

Bom: (crying) you two couldn’t be together when you were alive but I hope you are in afterlife. 

THE END.

So guys how was this? Was it good? Just to let you know this story was inspired by another story I read years ago.  I cant find the original writer who wrote this so I cant really give credits but wherever this writer is I hope you don’t mind the fact that I used your concept. But also I’ve added lots of my own original ideas as well its just the basic outline of the story that I used from the other writer. Please comment and let me know if you liked it because I am thinking of making more one-shots in the future. Thanks.