Take My Hand

Take My Hand

A/N: For those who didn't read the foreword, this fic is based off Simple Plan's Take My Hand, so I suggest playing it while reading. (I am however unable to provide for the video embedded in this page, seeing as I am seriously technologically incapable...sorry)


Kyuhyun stood on the edge. "What do I live for, if I have no one left?" He whispered as the the sound of the train became louder.
Deep down beneath the earth, in the middle of the city, someone took his hand. A stranger. A complete stranger. He took his hand.
"Take my hand." He said in his husky voice, offering Kyuhyun his brightest smile. "Don't do this."
"Who will care? I'm just another life, another person."
"I will."
The stranger tugged on his hand gently. "Take my hand tonight, let's not think about tomorrow." The stranger whispered.
Kyuhyun felt the train rush by.
"Take my hand tonight, we will find someplace to go."
Kyuhyun took a small step toward the stranger.
"I'll get you out of this I promise."

Walking hand in hand with his new found companion, Kyuhyun felt the darkness evaporate from his soul.
"I'm Yesung."
"Kyuhyun."
They soon escaped the busy subway station, wandered in the quieter streets.
"Where are we going?" Kyuhyun demanded.
"Somewhere."
They wandered aimlessly in the streets. They were solicited by some street vendors. Yesung bought them couple T-shirts, which they wore over their clothes, sunglasses, and hair accessories. Yesung spotted a small cafe. they both went in and sat down over a cup of coffee and some cake.
"Imagine the thoughts of the people if anyone was around us. What kind of crazy people would be wearing sunglasses and hair accessories with matching shirts would be doing in a coffee shop at twenty to one in the morning?"
Yesung smiled and gently squeezed his hand. "If they could see us, they would tell us that we're crazy. But I know they just don't understand."
Kyuhyun laced his companion's small fingers with his. "You say the strangest things."
There was a brief silence. "But it's okay." He added.

Soon, it began raining large raindrops. Teardrops.
"The sky is crying." Yesung whispered.
Kyuhyun felt something wet fall on his cheek. The sky was indeed crying, releasing all the heavy clouds of their burden.
Yesung gently ran a comforting hand down Kyuhyun's cheek, giving him his brightest smile.
"Thank you." Whispered Kyuhyun.

They changed back to their original clothing, donating their purchase to a garbage, after the storm was over.
"The city is sleeping." Kyuhyun declared, lying on the pavement, staring at the dark sky.
"The city never sleeps." Yesung replied, glancing at the luminous landscape, his eyes shining.
They both leaned in at the same time, briefly stopping when realizing they had the same intentions, before pressing their lips together. The kiss lingered, the kiss was slow, the kiss was soft, the kiss was shy; the kiss was everything Kyuhyun needed to soothe his hurting soul.

Yesung pulled Kyuhyun up, not letting go of his hand when the man tugged him down with his weight.
"Let's go."
Kyuhyun managed to stand up. "Where?"
"Home."
Kyuhyun managed to smile. "Take me home."

 


Again with the angsty Kyusung, but I didn't kill anyone this time! (I still feel guilty about the puppet story...)

Please let me know what you think in the comments~

... and at the same time, anyone want to explain protein synthesis to me? (*has a test next week and doesn't understand*)

Thanks for reading~