The Cats

The Cats

 

 

While being asked to choose cat or dog, Key chose cat. You’re surprised right? Everyone would think that he’ll choose dog, well clearly because of JongHyun. No matter how hard Key wanted to deny it, everyone thought he’s the best match for Jjong. But Key wanted a cat not a dog. And MinHo was like the cat KiBum was looking for.

You’re asking why? well cats are stealthy just like MinHo, KiBum never knew that MinHo entered the room, he only saw that the younger one is sitting on the couch next to him, cats are also fast, just like MinHo. Cats are also thoughtful, even if they walk their own paths, they can tell when their owner is sad. and just like if KiBum was the owner of MinHo, the younger one put his head on KiBum’s laps and asked ‘what’s wrong?’, KiBum would be always surprised by the new weight on his laps, but the warmth MinHo was bringing in was irreplaceable, and so he would brush his now longer hair and he would smile and he would say that everything was alright, even if the moment before he was having an epic battle inside of his head. Well the warmth he was gaining from MinHo, he just didn’t want to lose it. Because he knew that if he would tell MinHo about his epic battle he would lose this warmth, at least he thought so.

You know cats also love different; they’re not blabbering to the whole world about it. They’re keeping it for themselves. If it was MinHo, also leaving the most interested out of it. Yeah Choi MinHo loved KiBum like a cat, but KiBum didn’t know it, yet.

You may think that KiBum was also the cat for MinHo, because even if he didn’t see he know that MinHo’s hurt his hand. he sat beside MinHo’s bed and said ‘show me your hand I’ll put some medicine on it’ MinHo just this time obediently like dog show his palm to KiBum, the slightly older boy put the medicine on it slightly pressing on cotton absorbent while all the pus gathered there ‘does it hurt?’ he asked MinHo ‘yeah a lot’ said unconsciously MinHo, KiBum’s eyes wandered up and met MinHo, then quickly he turned down on the wound, what was wrong with MinHo looking at him like that.

it wasn’t MinHo’s hand that was hurting it was his heart, being so close to KiBum, when he has an opportunity to just throw him on a bed and kiss senselessly, was just killing him, but he bear with it because he know that worst tantrum would be thrown if he told KiBum to stop this. And in reality it wasn’t like MinHo wanted KiBum to stop it, he was enjoying the view, the frown of KiBum’s brows when he was cleaning the wound, KiBum’s pink tongue that darted back and forth to water his plump pink lips while he was focused on the task, the tongue and the lips he prayed for every sleepless night.

‘does it still hurt?’ asked KiBum one more time, MinHo sat on the bed and came closer to KiBum, he brushed the bubble that KiBum was making every time he was going to sit next to MinHo, or even when MinHo was in the same room ‘no thanks to you’ KiBum smiled at those words, no, no he wasn’t smiling because he could nearly feel the hot breath next to his ear. Oh and how many sleepless night he encountered while he was praying to really feel this hot breath next to his ear, or when he was praying for those plump now smiling lips to cover his.

When they first entered their dorm the manager told them that they have to play a game which will decide how they’ll arrange the rooms, there was room for one and next two were for the two people in each, MinHo landed in the room with JongHyun, TaeMin with Onew (not that they complain now) and KiBum was lucky enough to get the bedroom for himself, but now it wasn’t like only KiBum got bedroom for himself, JongHyun was rarely home (you know girlfriend) so MinHo was having a extra bed…maybe, maybe that’s why KiBum didn’t left when MinHo fall asleep, but JongHyun’s bed wasn’t inviting at all. He smiled to himself, he was an early bird in this band, he’ll be up earlier than MinHo, he crawled next to MinHo, the boy was sleeping soundly and KiBum could feel that this will be his first not sleepless night in weeks, the warmth, yeah that MinHo’s warmth that was irreplaceable for KiBum, he could feel it like it swirled all around him, MinHo more instinctively that rationally wrapped arm around KiBum pulling him closer, closing him in a possessive grip. Diva’s breath hitched but then he felt it the hot breath next to his ear, the one he was praying for.

The first rays of sun lightened the room, MinHo could feel breath that was brushing his hair, and it was ticklish, he turned around and saw KiBum next to him soundly asleep, his lips slightly parted, his hair undone and he was beautiful like this and MinHo loved seeing KiBum like this, he hold the urge to kiss the sleeping boy, KiBum shifted in his sleep and lazily opened eyes, MinHo blinked a few times and even pinched himself to proof that this wasn’t a dream ‘good morning’ he said to KiBum with a smile, the other boy looked at him with big eyes, but after moment also said ‘good morning’ MinHo didn’t need any explanation of why KiBum was sleeping in his bed, well in reality he didn’t want to hear that it was something simple like ‘I was so tired that I just fall asleep next to you’ but KiBum said it and it hurt a little that he didn’t want to sleep next to MinHo.

But thing that MinHo missed was KiBum’s slightly red cheeks when he stand up and went to shower. Today he was caught but it was his best sleep in two months. he was still laying in MinHo’s bed when the other boy came from the bathroom, only in his pj pants and with towel around his neck, the hair still a bit wet KiBum was only looking with the awe, he know that he shouldn’t but there he was, nearly drooling at the sight of MinHo’s toned chest and gosh that wet hair, MinHo probably wanted to kill him. Oh and there it was for the second time in those 30 minutes KiBum blushed shamelessly ‘will you do breakfast, TaeMin is up already and he is hungry you know’ MinHo winked to him, yeah TaeMin is always hungry, KiBum tossed the covers and run from MinHo’s room, to make breakfast for everyone, and also to escape MinHo’s toned chest and wet hair.

The other boy was surprised that KiBum ran so fast from the room, in fact MinHo was enjoying the view like always, KiBum in his bed was the sight MinHo was dying for, well in his fantasies KiBum would be always , but you know what they say,  a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. He entered the kitchen, KiBum was fighting with the breakfast, and he was murmuring to himself MinHo caught a little ‘what’s wrong with you KiBum….wake up, he’s a guy…you’re a guy what’s wrong with you’ MinHo frowned his brows, does KiBum like another boy ‘you…ehm do you want some help?’ he saw that KiBum nearly jumped in surprise ‘oh gosh you’ve scared me’ MinHo only smiled at that ‘no the breakfast is ready, call the others’ was the answer, not the one MinHo wanted to hear.

The slightly older rapper nearly wanted to die when he heard MinHo’s question, did he hear him, this things couldn’t leave KiBum’s head when they’re all eating breakfast, MinHo wasn’t looking at KiBum, not like KiBum wanted him to look his hair was undone and his face was still sleepy it wasn’t the face that MinHo was supposed to fall in love with, at least KiBum thought so. ‘umma is everything ok?’ came TaeMin’s question and it pulled KiBum out of his thoughts ‘hmm’ KiBum looked at TaeMin in mock surprise ‘I asked is everything ok?’ repeated TaeMin, KiBum looked at MinHo and saw the worried look in the younger boy eyes ‘y-yeah everything is ok Minnie’ came KiBum’s reply, TaeMin was satisfied with it, but KiBum could feel MinHo’s gaze on him.

The diva was lying and MinHo could tell it, something was bothering KiBum, but he didn’t want to tell what was that, and the thing MinHo was curious about was why he didn’t want to tell about it, he ate his breakfast, thanked KiBum for it and left. This was their free day so MinHo decided to go out and do some thinking regarding KiBum’s problem of course the KiBum’s murmuring also came in the way, boy, there was some boy that KiBum liked, and oh how MinHo prayed during this walk for this boy to be him.

The diva never argued with charismatic flame of SHINee, you can say that MinHo even if everyone thought was really different from KiBum, because yeah he was, he’s got something that balanced their differences and put them into the harmony, because of that even if JongHyun was KiBum’s friend like from ancient times he didn’t understand KiBum as well as MinHo. But KiBum thought that it would be easier if they could argue, you know when MinHo would stupidly ask ‘why you did this?’ KiBum could always respond ‘because I like you, you idiot’ but KiBum know that they’ll never argue, at least he thought so.

‘KiBum do you like someone?’ came MinHo’s question, no, no it cut the air in the room, JinKi went for a date with TaeMin, so did JongHyun, KiBum was sitting in the living room by himself when MinHo entered the dorm. The other boy looked at MinHo slightly confused, MinHo came closer and sat beside KiBum ‘I asked’ he said, KiBum looked at him one more time but then the diva mode came over him and he asked arrogantly ‘and so if I do?’ MinHo caught the ball and asked ‘who is it?’ KiBum got up from the couch and nearly shouted at MinHo ‘why do I have to tell it to you?’ MinHo also stand up, he wasn’t ready for that kind of overtake, think MinHo, think, was the only thing now in his mind, KiBum was shorter than MinHo , so the other boy had to bend slightly down to kiss KiBum, and so he did. Still praying for the boy KiBum likes to be him.

The almighty of the group was surprised, hmm surprised it’s a bit of what KiBum really felt when MinHo’s lips, the ones that he was praying for touched his, but the shock was so overwhelming that he wasn’t kissing back. He pushed MinHo a little and asked ‘what do you think you are doing?’ in the way it felt a little bit too tough, the truth was that the butterflies in KiBum’s stomach went berserk, he touched his lips and asked again ‘what do you think you’re doing?’ MinHo only looked at him, but then after the awful silent he said ‘I was just making sure that I’m not the one you like’ KiBum’s eyes widened in shock the first tears escaped his eyes, but MinHo didn’t see it because he turned back and left the living room. ‘Stupid MinHo’ thought KiBum ‘if I don’t like you…who do you think I like? Stupid MinHo you have stole my first kiss, stupid, stupid MinHo’

The cat, that MinHo was, was crying silently after he entered his room, the owner has ditched him, as a cat MinHo should be able to get over it, but in reality MinHo was hopeless human who is heartbroken at this moment. Cat’s life is so much easier than human’s life, cat will live well even after female cat doesn’t want him, but human, human will have to bear with it for long painful months in which he’ll have to forget the person he loves.

The next few day, KiBum must agree was the most awkward days he had come into, MinHo was most of the time outside of the dorm, KiBum rarely even saw his face ‘KiBum what’s wrong with you and MinHo?’ asked JinKi, KiBum looked at him but didn’t say anything ‘you know you have to do something about it the air in the dorm is so heavy that I have headache from it’ came into the conversation JongHyun ‘why have I do something with it?’ came KiBum’s question TaeMin sighed but said ‘you like him don’t you? Don’t get overworked with quarrel get quickly over it, and tell him already. How long it has been?’ KiBum sighed TaeMin was right how long has it been?

MinHo walked into the living room, and saw that all of them are sitting there, he could feel that the air tensed just when he entered, he looked at KiBum first time since this whole accident with kiss, yeah MinHo’s first kiss, KiBum also looked at him and said ‘can we talk MinHo?’ the other one nodded his head and leaded KiBum to his bedroom, he closed the door. KiBum was standing in the middle, oh how he just wanted to push him down on the bed, he just couldn’t help the thoughts what he could do to the older boy ‘MinHo do you like me?’ came KiBum’s question, the one MinHo wasn’t ready for ‘of course I like you we’re together in SHINee and…’ KiBum frowned and said louder ‘you know that I’m not talking about it….I-I asked if you like me more than others?’ MinHo sighed he wasn’t ready. What should he tell KiBum? How should he react on that? Should he tell him? And what’s next? Will KiBum love him also in return? MinHo was confused, well confused was only a bit what MinHo felt ‘Because you know I-I like you M-MinHo’ said KiBum much quietly now, MinHo wasn’t ready for that.

‘Y-you like me?’ came MinHo’s question, oh really how dumb can MinHo be sometimes, KiBum nodded his head, shyly blushing madly, he was sure that he looked like tomato right now, but then KiBum saw this. MinHo came closer to him and smiled like a five years old, his eyes sparkling from enjoyment, he embraced KiBum tightly, the warmth, yeah MinHo’s warmth ‘so you like me too?’ whispered KiBum, MinHo looked at him and whispered to his ear ‘I love you Kim KiBum’ the other boy’s breath hitched, there it was the hot breath next to his ear, and the most wanted words spoken by the most wanted person. KiBum put his arms around MinHo’s neck he leaned for kiss, their lips nearly brushing on the curve on this kiss KiBum also spoke ‘I love you too, I will always love’ and then he met those lips that he was praying for, of course kissing back this time.

Cat belong to cats, dog belongs to dogs, and you know that MinHo belonged to KiBum even before the older one told him that he love him. But you know the cat without the owner is still the cat the same with dog, but MinHo without KiBum isn’t still the same MinHo.

‘So KiBum…do you want to change rooms with me?’ asked JongHyun KiBum smiled and looked at MinHo ‘No I’ll just put MinHo in mine, just like all that what belongs to me’ TaeMin came in and said ‘Believe me Umma just change rooms with Jjong, you know he’ll be whining about until you change them, beside yours is smaller, and believe me the size does the matter’ he smirked and left and KiBum wasn’t sure if they were still talking about his room, really sometimes Maknae’s thought were more dirty than some star’s thoughts ‘Oh well let this be, Dino pack yours things, from now on you’ll be the proud resident of single bedroom’ said KiBum, and JongHyun left to organize things, MinHo sat beside KiBum, this time he didn’t brush the bubble, well simply because there was no bubble he put his head on KiBum’s laps like always MinHo’d a weird habit of laying on KiBum’s laps not that the latter one was complaining, there was this irreplaceable warmth that KiBum simply can’t live without ‘You know it will take him ages’ said MinHo, KiBum smiled and said ‘Well Mr. Choi you won’t get bored trust me’ MinHo smirked and kissed his new room-mate.