Part 2

It Takes Only A Week...And A Year

"Good Morning Kyuhyun. Here." Jongwoon said as the boy slowly sat up on the couch in the morning. Jongwoon was holding a cup of water along with some aspirin for his hangover.

"Thanks. Sorry about crashing at your house…again."

"It’s alright. You can go wash up in the bathroom, lunch will be ready soon."

"Lunch?"

"Yeah, it’s already past noon. I tried waking you up a couple of times earlier and once got you to open your eyes but you refused to get up. After all my experience with Heechul and handling his hangovers, I figured it was just better to let you sleep off as much as you could."

"Oh. Speaking of Heechul?"

"He’s at home today, Hannie is handling his hangover. So it’s just the two of us." Jongwoon explained before pushing the younger to go clean up as he headed back to the kitchen to finish making lunch.

"Do you have any plans today?" Kyuhyun asked, standing at the doorway to the kitchen instead of doing as instructed.

"No, not really."

"Could I stay here then?"

"Why?" Jongwoon stopped what he was doing and turned to face the younger, surprised by the sudden question.

"I don’t really want to go back to my dorm."

"Why? Won’t someone be worried about you gone?"

"No. My roommate is annoying and barely even notices whether I’m there or not. My parents don’t really care about what’s going on as long as my grades stay up. And well I just really don’t like being there that much."

"Well I guess it’s not a problem, though I’m not sure I’m the greatest company."

"Probably not, but good enough for me so far."

"Oh, thanks for the reassurance. But you can stay if you actually listen to what I’ve been telling you to do and go wash up before I finish making lunch."

"And how long will that be?"

"Around five minutes. I would be quick if I were you." Jongwoon looked back at the younger and gave an evil smirk along with a wink. Kyuhyun immediately straightened up and rushed towards the bathroom and took probably the fastest shower in his life so far. Jongwoon was just setting the food on the table when Kyuhyun came back into the kitchen.

"Made it."

"I don’t know, the food was already done by the time you made it back." Jongwoon said, obviously skeptical of Kyuhyun’s victory.

"Hey, dinner was never considered ready until it was on the table at my house."

"Yeah, well this is lunch. And I was placing it on the table when you walked in."

"Lunch, dinner, does it matter?"

"Who says the same rules apply to lunch as they do dinner."

"Come on Jongwoon." Kyuhyun was starting to whine as he noticed the other was messing with him. "I’m starting to feel like you don’t want me around."

"I never said that. We just didn’t clarify the rules enough."

"So I can stay?" Kyuhyun gave the older puppy-dog eyes, which caused Jongwoon to sigh.

"I guess." Kyuhyun cheered and started eating his lunch.

"Besides, what would you do if I didn’t stay?"

"Relax and enjoy a quiet day until Heechul would come over telling me to go to watch him tonight."

"Watch him? Like baby-sit like you did yesterday?"

"No, as in go and see him work. He’s a musician at a café and bar."

"Really? A musician? I don’t see him as one. He strikes me as being more of an actor."

"He wouldn’t mind being an actor but this is a steady job. He’s really good at playing piano and is a pretty decent singer." Jongwoon explained as he began to clean the kitchen as they finished eating.

"Can we go see him then? I want to see him perform."

"Um, sure? But only if he asks, he doesn’t like it too much if we just show up to watch him."

"Why not? If he invites you anyways why would it matter?" Kyuhyun asks as he is suddenly handed a plate to dry.

"It’s just how he is. I may know him very well, but there is no one who can tell you what goes on in his head."

"Well I’ll ask him later then. But until that happens, what should we do?"

"I don’t know. I didn’t really have any plans for my vacation aside from getting together with the group a couple times. Though my vacation unfortunately did not match up with their schedules, so most of them are busy the entire time I’m on leave. We were lucky enough to get last night."

"Then we can just go walk around and just do whatever looks interesting. I’ve only been around a tiny bit of the area."

"I guess we could do that. You haven’t been around here before? What were you doing at Jungsu’s bar then?"

"Oh, well, I just kind of ended up there one night and decided to go back again and again."

"How did you ‘kind of ended up there’ in the first place?" Jongwoon asked using air quotes around Kyuhyun’s phrase.

"I ran off one night. I was pissed at my roommate…again. And it had been a really crappy day to begin with, so I decided to just try and get as far away from there as I could without getting lost. Jungsu’s bar just happened to be the place that fit. And since I usually come over here at night, it’s not really a goof time to go sightseeing."

"Okay, we can go." Jongwoon sighed as he grabbed the last dish from Kyuhyun and put it away. "Are you just going to wear that? Or do you want to ask Hangeng for a change of clothes?"

"No. This will be fine. I only really wore them to the bar, and it’s not like I sleep crazily. So I think I look fine, don’t I?" Kyuhyun asked as he checked his clothes for a stain, tear. Or just plain look messy.

"No, it’s fine, just making sure you were alright with wearing clothes you wore yesterday."

"I’m not that stuffy." Kyuhyun argued. "Let’s go, so if Heechul invites us to his job tonight, we can still do a lot before then."

"We can do a lot before Heechul’s job whether he invites us or not. It’s a kind of late at night thing."

"So, there are things that are cool or better to see at night, aren’t there?"

"Yeah, a few things I guess."

"Let’s go, let’s go, let’s go." Kyuhyun was practically bouncing as he tried to force Jongwoon to the door.

"Hold on." Jongwoon went back into his room and came out a couple minutes in new clothes and with slightly neater hair. "Okay, now we can go."

"Did you really have to do that?"

"Yes, those are my lazy at home clothes. I don’t go out wearing sweats and a t-shirt."

"I don’t know, it didn’t look too bad."

"Yes, well you don’t have a problem with slept in clothes, so you’re standards aren’t that high."

"Hey, this is like a one time thing. Besides, if they’re still in good condition, what’s the point if you barely wore them in the first place? I don’t want to keep borrowing Hangeng’s clothes. I still have to return the ones I borrowed yesterday."

"I’m kidding. After you’ve known Heechul for years, wearing perfect clothes is rather important as long as you don’t want to hear a rant from him."

"Will he really rant if you’re clothes are a little messed up?" Jongwoon just stared at Kyuhyun with a raised eyebrow. After thinking about it, Kyuhyun got it and just nodded, not pushing the subject further. Jongwoon pushed Kyuhyun out the door and locked it behind them, he didn’t need Heechul, or anyone else for that matter, sneaking into his house while he was gone.

"So what are you two up to?" Hangeng asked from behind them.

"Hey, just going out with no real destination since he wants to see the area. You?" Hangeng held up a shopping bag for his answer.

"Heechul’s drunk cravings. Well I guess it’s more like hangover cravings."

"I’m more likely to say high on pain medication cravings."

"Either way works."

"Yay, you’re back. Took you long enough. Did you get it?" Heechul asked as he poked his head out from his apartment.

"Yes, I got it. I had to go to three different places, but I found the exact one you specified. I’m sorry if that messes up any plans you had to torture me for the day."

"Torture? I don’t do that." All three of the boys in the hallway rolled their eyes at the oldest. "Ah, Jongwoon, you’re going to come tonight, right? It’s the only one you’ll be able to see before you go back."

"Don’t I always?"

"Well you fell asleep the one time. Forgot about it once, even though I reminded you that day. And I don’t even know why you missed the third time."

"Okay, okay, I don’t always make it, but that’s not for lack of wanting to go."

"Heechul, can I go too?"

"Oh, um sure I guess you can go with Jongwoon." He turned his attention back to his boyfriend. "Now you, gimmie." He stole the bag from Hangeng and ran back into the apartment, closing the door behind him. Hangeng sighed at his boyfriend’s actions.

"Have fun with whatever you're doing then. See you tonight."

"Yeah, we'll probably have more fun then you. I've babysat a hungover Heechul before, so don't think I don't know." Hangeng waved him off as he went into his apartment, causing the other two to laugh a bit.

"So, since this is where you live, you know it better then me, where should we start?"

"I guess we should start over in the shopping district, that's where a lot of things are. And then from there we can get to anything else really easily."

"How far is the shopping district from here?"

"Not too far, Jungsu's bar is kind of on the outskirts of it."

"Oh, okay, that's not too bad." Kyuhyun thought, trying to map out the area in his head as they started walking towards Jungsu's bar. "You know this place looks really nice in the light, you wouldn’t think it was a bar at all."

"Well Jungsu decorated it, so yeah it’s rather pretty." Jongwoon pointed out, causing Kyuhyun to laugh. Jongwoon pulled Kyuhyun along to continue their walk.

"What? You don’t want to stop and say ‘hi’?"

"They’re probably still asleep."

"Oh. SO where are we going now." Jongwoon shrugged as they walked into the shopping district.

"I don’t know, we could just do some window shopping. And if you get hungry we can try some Bindaetteok. This area is pretty popular for it."

"Really? That sounds good, we should definitely get some later." Kyuhyun ended up dragging Jongwoon all around the shopping district looking at all the stores and trying to convince Jongwoon to buy him a few outfits and a couple of video games. All of his requests, however, were met with a glare. As the sun was setting Jongwoon decided to stop for some bindaetteok at his favorite local shop and take Kyuhyun to the area’s supposed secret treasure spot.

"So what is this secret treasure spot? Is it really treasure?"

"It’s not treasure like you think with pirates and that. It’s just not what people expect to find here. You’ll find out when we get there." Jongwoon laughed a little at Kyuhyun’s curiosity as he led them up a steep hill.

"I didn’t even realize there was a hill like this here. Are we at the top yet?" Kyuhyun asked, a little out of breath as he tried to keep up with Jongwoon. The older stopped and looked back at Kyuhyun and smirked.

"Tired?" Kyuhyun instantly stood up straight and tried to look as energized as he could.

"No? Just curious."

"Yes, we’re just about at the top." Jongwoon finally said and continued walking up, Kyuhyun following behind. By the time they had made it all the way to the top, the sun had completely set. "What did I tell you, it’s our secret treasure spot." Kyuhyun froze the moment he made it to the top. You could practically see all of the city and even the river. Usually people go to Namsan tower for views of the city like this.

"Yeah, it’s amazing. You can see everything."

"Most people pay money for views like this but we have it for free in our backyard basically. It’s also a popular dating spot."

"Did you bring Ryeowook up here then?"

"Yeah, we came up here a couple times. But the group has also had picnics up here too. Though no one ever comes during the day, it’s only really good at night with all the lights."

"You guys had night picnics?"

"Yeah, it was the best time for them and well we hung out all night for the gang anyways. I never said we were normal people."

"No, I got that when I first met you all. Having a night picnic is just something that I have never even thought as possible. But that might have been because of how I grew up." The two stayed up there for a little while before they headed down to watch Heechul’s performance. The café/bar was a rather high-class bar with plush booths and suddenly Kyuhyun felt a little underdressed. Jongwoon found Heechul and Hangeng sitting at one booth facing the stage, which was currently empty except for a piano and microphone, and took a seat next to them.

"Hey you made it."

"I told you we would be here. You shouldn’t doubt me."

"I don’t know, you could’ve gotten caught up on your date and completely forget about me."

"It wasn’t a date. I was just giving him a tour of the area because he was curious."

"Mhmm, it was a date." Heechul said real quick before he left to prepare for his performance. Jongwoon tried to trip him on his way out but Heechul was to fast and jumped over and gave Hangeng a kiss before running backstage.

"That brat." Jongwoon huffed and crossed his arms, sitting further back into the booth causing the other two to chuckle. Jongwoon and Kyuhyun ordered a couple drinks before Heechul walked out on stage and took a seat at the piano. He had changed while he was backstage into a simple white tuxedo and pulled his hair back into a ponytail. He began playing without saying anything or any formal introduction, but the moment he hit those first notes the bar went quiet and all attention was on him. The first couple of pieces he played were just piano pieces and as he continued he added some he sang. Heechul gave a bow before walking off stage at the end of his performance as quietly as he had entered.

"Amazing as always Chulie."

"Thanks Woonie. They just can’t ignore me when I perform. So Kyuhyun, how was your first time seeing me perform?"

"That was rather surprising. I never really expected something like that from you."

"I’m more than just my looks you know." Heechul stated causing the others to all roll their eyes.

"Come on, it’s late, let’s head home. We also don’t need you two drunk again." Hangeng said trying to get the others to leave.

"But what if I want to drink?"

"Then you can drink at home. You keep plenty at home. And it’s easier on me since I only need to get you back to the room if you pass out from too much to drink." Heechul pouted but agreed anyways and the four headed back home.

"I take it you’re staying tonight too."

"Yup."

"Are you sure you’re alright sleeping on the couch? It can’t be that comfortable."

"It’s fine, I’ve slept at my desk for a week straight before. It’s a lot more comfortable then that."

"Jongwoon, you go back the day after tomorrow right?" Heechul asked before they went into their separate apartments.

"Yeah, tomorrow is my last day before I return to the military."

"What? So soon?"

"Yeah, I only had a week and I had already been back a couple days before I ran into you."

"What?! That ."

"I have one more year to serve before I can stay home completely."

"It , I have no one to keep me entertained when Hannie goes to work." Heechul said before he walked into his apartment. Kyuhyun was pouting when he walking into Jongwoon apartment and took his usual spot on the couch. He left early the next morning to stop at his dorm and go to his classes. He made it back to Jongwoon’s later in the evening.

"You know, you could say something when you leave early. It was a little odd to go to bed with you sleeping on the couch and then you’re gone in the morning."

"Oh, Sorry. I had classes today. Were you getting ready to go?"

"Yeah, just cleaning everything up and need to make sure that Heechul takes the extra food and beer."

"I’ll take some of it if you want."

"I guess you can take what you want." Jongwoon was running back and forth around his apartment making sure everything was clean.

"Is Ryeowook still house sitting for you?"

"Uh yeah, I mean Heechul is really the main house sitter but Ryeowook checks in like every other week."

"Will you quit freaking out. Your apartment is almost spotless. I’m not sure it could get any cleaner."

"I just don’t like having a mess and it’s easier for the others if it’s spotless."

"Sometimes I never believe you were in a gang. Especially with Heechul." Jongwoon stops immediately and stares at Kyuhyun.

"You’ve never seen Heechul fight. And his tactics are pretty good."

"No, I haven’t. Curse me being younger then you all and not from the immediate area." Kyuhyun said sarcastically.

"Trust me, you never want Heechul mad at you to the point where he wants to kill you."

"So, what time are you leaving in the morning?"

"Uh, seven. Why?"

"I’m staying over again. I want to see you off."

"If you want I guess." Jongwoon was a little shocked at the sudden announcement but just shrugged it off.

Heechul, Hangeng, and Kyuhyun were all there in the morning to send Jongwoon back off to the military.

"One more year to go." Heechul sighed.

"I know. You’ll live without me. You’ve lived so far." Jongwoon teased. "Keep the apartment running for me."

"I will. And Wookie is always checking my back."

"We’ll be waiting for you to come back." Hannie added in.

"Thanks guys." The three all gave Jongwoon a hug before letting him go away for another year.

~

"Finally, it’s all done. No more military for me." Jongwoon said to himself once he got out of the cab in front of his apartment building. Hangeng was walking out of Heechul’s and his apartment once Jongwoon got up to his.

"Hey welcome back." Hangeng said the moment he saw Jongwoon.

"Hey. It’s nice to be out for good."

"Haha yeah, they were bored without you. Hey, I need to get to work, I’ll see you tonight to celebrate your return."

"Uh, yeah. Who do you mean by they?" Hangeng was already gone before Jongwoon could get an answer. Jongwoon got in his apartment only to drop off his luggage and change clothes before heading right back out. "Well the military is good for one thing. I got his address." Jongwoon headed straight towards the university to find Kyuhyun. Even though Jongwoon had only known Kyuhyun for a few days before he left again, Kyuhyun was one of the first people that Jongwoon wanted to see. He didn’t know whether it was because he was used to seeing him everyday or if Heechul’s taunting had some actual meaning to them.

"Jongwoon?" He heard someone shout behind him. "It’s is you. You’re back already?"

"Wookie, Zhoumi, Henry, hey. Yeah I just got back like an hour ago."

"What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be relaxing at home or something?"

"Actually I’m looking for Kyuhyun. You haven’t seen him, have you?" All three shook their heads.

"Nope. I was surprised to find out that we’re going to the same university. But yeah I haven’t seen him today at all and I don’t know his schedule."

"Oh well thanks guys. Tell me when you guys are free, cause I know that we’re having a mini welcome home party at my apartment, but I don’t know if or when we’ll have one with everybody."

"Will do, we have to head to class."

"Hey Wookie isn’t your class the other way?" Zhoumi asked him in confusion.

"Are you guys trying to get rid of me for some alone time or something? My class is in the building next to yours."

"Oh right, sorry I was thinking it was Tuesday."

"Bye Jongwoon." Ryeowook said before he went back to teasing the couple and reminding Zhoumi of their schedules. Jongwoon just waved to them before heading towards the dorms to find Kyuhyun’s room. When he knocked on the door a guy, whom he assumes is Kyuhyun’s annoying roommate, answers.

"Yes?" The guy asks harshly.

"I’m looking for Kyuhyun and was told this is his dorm."

"It technically is but he’s barely been here for the last year. He’s stopped by a couple times to grab more of his stuff but he hasn’t actually lived here in I don’t know how long. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have more important business." Kyuhyun’s roommate closed the door in Jongwoon’s face before Jongwoon could ask any other questions.

"Rude much. If he’s not living at his dorm, where is he?" Jongwoon wandered around the university area and even went and asked Jungsu if he had seen Kyuhyun recently. Even though a couple people said they saw him, no one knew where he was living. He returned back to his apartment in the later afternoon, depressed that he couldn’t find the younger boy. As he entered his apartment, he noticed that there was another pair of shoes in the entryway that weren’t there before. He cautiously walked further into his home only to find Kyuhyun sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hi Jongwoon. Where did you go?"

"What are you doing in my apartment?"

"Uh, well I’ve been kind of living here since you left. I confused the landlord a bit though, but thankfully she didn’t charge me for living here since your apartment was paid for the duration of your military service. I was expecting you to be here when I got back from class."

"I went looking for you. How did you get in?"

"Remember that spare key you couldn’t find, well I’ve had it." Kyuhyun said, showing Jongwoon the apartment keys. "I’m so glad you’re back. It was way too long." Kyuhyun got up and rushed over to Jongwoon and pulled him straight into a hug. "Even though it was only a couple days, I think I fell for you."

"Crazy thing about that. I think I did too." Kyuhyun pulled away from the hug slightly and was leaning in for a kiss when Heechul came running into the apartment.

"You’re back! Yay, party time. Hey, look, I brought the beer this time." Heechul was bouncing all around the room but stopped when he noticed the intimate position the two were in. "See? I told you, you were picking up a college kid."

"Heechul!" Heechul laughed and ran off and Jongwoon was about to chase after him but Kyuhyun grabbed his arm and pulled him into a kiss instead.

"Okay, now you can go kill Heechul. I just really wanted that kiss first."


A/N: I'm not sure how I feel about this but It was a stretch to try and finish it. I hope this all makes sense, I didn't really have time to review it before posting. I'll probably go over it again later and fix some minor things. I missed my deadline of Jongwoon's birthday by a few hours, darn. Anyways, I hope this was a good conclusion to the first part. Probably would've been better if I got the whole thing written together but life never likes those ideas. This prompt was given to me by one of my friends. I wrote part 1 for Kyusung day and didn't get part 2 finished until Jongwoon's birthday haha. Yeah It took a while.
Read and comment please^^

^^♥