In Love

Unexpected Love

 

"Shin Woo...Why did you kiss me...?"

 

My question is left hanging in the air. Every moment that passes makes me feel stupider and stupider, but I have to keep my head held high. I just want an answer. Is that too much to ask?

 

Shin Woo still doesn't say anything; I can't see his face, since his back is to me. His body language is telling me that he's trying to decide whether to just leave or stay. Either one is okay with me, since we live in the same damn place!

 

Finally, he turns around, but his gaze is set at the ground. I frown.

"Well?" 

 

"That was..." His expression is still unreadable. Well, was it ever readable? I don't really know. I cross my arms and stare at him expectantly. He refuses to even look me in the eyes. It irks me. "Because I..."

 

Suddenly I hear someone shout, "Oh my god, it's Hwang Tae Kyung and Kang Shin Woo! From A.N.GELL!"

 

.

 

I now realize that my hood fell off and Shin Woo was never wearing anything to cover up to begin with.

 

The crowd of fangirls surrounds us, I can barely get a word out now. Damn myself for being so famous!

 

What can you do, though?

 

I sign some autographs as quickly as I can. I need to get the damn answer out of him. Shin Woo is still next to me, but he's way too preoccupied with his fans. It was when our gazes met that I mouthed another, "Well?".

 

Shin Woo signs one more signature before looking away from me and staring at his hands. He's hesitating... He bites his lip and looks from fan to fan, then looking directly at me and saying, "It was...a mistake." He sighs and goes back to giving signatures out.

 

A mistake, huh?

 

Something in my chest drops, and the familiar pain I've felt before doubles. It's an uncomfortable feeling and it leaves me at a loss for words. I ignore the girls around me and stare at nothing for a moment, feeling the pain in my chest growing rapidly. I need to get away now. I didn't think his answer would hurt this much. Oh how wrong I was...

 

I finally give him a nod, although dazed by my own thoughts. Somehow I manage to break free of the damn crowd and walk away. Little do I know that Shin Woo stares at me the entire time until I'm gone.

 

I walk- or I think I do, I'm too dazed to figure out what I'm doing- to the cafe to fetch my car. I remember feeling so proud of myself the last time I was here...now I just feel...

 

God, I'm not gonna cry, am I?

 

I sit myself in my car and sigh. I really didn't think it would be like this... So what am I supposed to do? Treat it like a mistake? I don't want to. But I don't have a choice, do I..?

 

With this thought of pity and disappointment, I finally allow myself to break down and cry.

 

God, today .

 

----

 

I'm in my room, under the covers in my comfortable bed just waking up. For a moment, I feel as if yesterday didn't happen- but then the memories flood in and I almost feel like I did yesterday. Almost. I groan and roll over in my bed, burying myself under the covers. I don't want to deal with today. I really don't. But I know I have to, because we all have a photo-shoot to do today. And after that, President Ahn scheduled a dinner party at some fancy restaurant. Oh boy. I whine uncharacteristically and force myself out of my bed. I still have some hours left before I even have to get ready, so I can just take it easy today.

 

"Today should be fun." I hiss to myself.

 

I quickly dress myself in some comfortable clothes and fix my hair. I keep going into some sort of trance the entire time, so today should be difficult. Especially now that I'm losing my mind. 

 

I yawn and walk downstairs, but stop when I hear voices. I guess I'm just paranoid that I'm going to run into Shin Woo. I don't hear his voice, but I stay where I am. It seems to be Jeremy and Go Mi Nam.

 

"Maybe you should find someone else. He's not very smart in that department..." I hear Go Mi Nam say. He who?

 

"Yeah.. I know this isn't going anywhere. But giving up on someone you love is really, really hard. I've tried so many times." Jeremy says. Is that sniffling I hear?

 

"I know it is. I really do. ...But if you find someone, it'll make it easier to forget about him.."

 

"You're right.. But who would want me?" I sigh, feeling sort of bad for Jeremy. But wait. Is Go Mi Nam going to confess?

 

"Jeremy, you're loved by so many people! Who wouldn't want you?" She starts out cheerfully, but gets quieter as she finishes the sentence. I can hear the sadness in her voice.

 

Jeremy speaks quietly, "D-do you know anyone...personally?" My eyes widen. I can't see anything, but I can feel the flirtation radiating over to me. Oh god. I peek my head out just in time to see Go Mi Nam nod and lean in to give a quick kiss to Jeremy. I roll my eyes. So disgustingly cute.

 

I head back upstairs, not wanting to bother the two. So now Go Mi Nam's feelings are out in the open. How will Jeremy respond? I didn't stay long enough to see if he backed away in disgust or accepted it and went along. Jeremy didn't seem too freaked out by it, though. I don't know. I don't honestly care, either.

 

More importantly, why do they get such happiness while I get a damn knife in my chest? Wait. That's irrational accusation. I'm not that kind of person.

 

Right?

 

Ugh. I'll just have to try not to think about it. There's more important things about...Like that stupid photo-shoot. I'll have to be with Shin Woo during that.

 

Oh god.

 

----

 

In the few hours I've had, all I've managed to do was lock myself in my room and play the piano for a bit. Other than that, I went back downstairs and found nobody around, so I figured they all went out. So now I'm just sitting on the sofa and watching television. It's nice being home alone, nobody to worry about.

 

There's really nothing on TV that catches my interest. So I just blankly stare at it.

 

I hear a door open and shut, snapping me out of my trance. 

 

"Yes. Okay. Yes, I will." A chuckle. "Okay. Goodbye, then." I cringe. It's Shin Woo. But, with my luck, who else would it be? I try to keep my focus on the program on the TV. I think it's the news or something. So this is why I never watch TV. I hear his footsteps approach me.

 

"Tae Kyung?" He asks, standing near the sofa.

 

"Hn?" Keep it cool. Watch the news. I just love watching some idiot tell everyone how he saw a freakin' UFO.

 

"Aren't you coming? We have a photo-shoot in about an hour."

 

"I'm aware." I show that I have no interest in moving anytime soon.

 

"Well... If you're aware, then I'll be on my way. See you there." He says before he walks away.

 

I sigh and stand up. I really do need to leave now. I walk out to my car and notice it's sort of tilted. What?!

 

I check the tires and sure enough one of the front ones is flat. I guess I ran over something in my dazed drive back home yesterday. Well now what? I don't have enough time to get a new tire for the car! And I don't even have a ride! I sigh. I need to keep calm. Stay the normally calm and collected Tae Kyung. Flipping out about it isn't going to get me anywhere. Who can I call to drive me there? Everyone is already at the place, and I don't know anyo-

 

...

 

Shin Woo just left. He can't be far. Oh Christ am I that desperate?

 

...Yeah.

 

I dial his number and hold back a sigh of annoyance. My life just keeps getting better and better, am I right?

 

Surprisingly, he answers after the first two rings. "Tae Kyung?"

 

"...Yeah, uh... How far away are you?"

 

"I just left. Did something happen?"

 

"..My car. I have a flat tire and I have no other way of getting to the photo-shoot..."

 

"Okay, I'll come get you, then." He hangs up.

 

I close my phone and walk to the front door. In about ten minutes, he pulls his car up and I get in. He's giving me a weird look. Almost like he's shocked. Is it because I screwed something up? Probably. Like I said, I'm only a human. Who even set these extremely high expectations for me, anyway?

 

Oh, that was probably me.

 

The entire car ride is silent. He's probably too shocked to say anything. Have I ever asked for help before? I doubt it.

 

This tension is actually killing me. Are we there yet?!

 

"...So how did you get a flat tire?" He breaks the silence, letting me breathe properly.

 

"I don't know. I probably ran over a sharp rock or something."

 

"...How did you not notice that while you were driving?" He raises a brow.

 

Because I was too absorbed in my feelings to notice anything. Because all I felt was numb. Because I was too hurt to feel anything.

 

"Because my car usually doesn't hit bumps hard, so I thought it was nothing." I shrug it off.

 

He nods and pulls into the parking lot of the building we were supposed to be a half hour ago.

 

"We're here." Thanks, Captain Obv- I mean Shin Woo.

 

"I've been here before. We've had a photo-shoot here before, right?"

 

Shin Woo looks over at me like I've turned into an alien. It's probably because I actually said something. He nods and turns the car off. "Yeah. This probably won't be the last, either."

 

I nod one last time and get out of his car.

 

I'm pretty damn good at hiding my feelings.

 

I walk into the building and immediately meet with Jeremy and Go Mi Nam. Jeremy seems more..."bubbly" than usual. Guess he wasn't disgusted with Go Mi Nam's feelings.

 

"Hello, hyung!" He greets me with a giant grin. All I can do is scoff.

 

"Are you all finally here? It's time to get dressed for the pictures." A woman says as she walks into the room. She seems pretty uptight. But then again, the only girl I know who isn't uptight is Go Mi Nam. But she's also...Go Mi Nam so...

 

My make up artist smiles at me and hands me the clothes to wear. She directs me to another room to change in.

 

"Just change in there and come back when you're done so I can do your make up." She smiles again and goes back to stand to make sure her supplies are in order.

 

I walk into the other room- it's a locker room- and set my clothes on the bench. I take my shirt off and fold it before setting it down. They call me a neat freak for a reason, I guess.. Just as I begin working on taking off my pants, I hear a distant door open and shut. I guess everyone shares this room. I don't really pay any attention to it, though.

 

"Tae Kyung?" Shin Woo? You gotta be kidding me.

 

I turn around and once again see a half- Shin Woo. I immediately turn a bright scarlet and have to look away to keep my mind stable. What is he doing to me? My hands are still holding onto the belt of my pants, ready to be pulled down. How awkward is this? Being half- together... It's like the world wants to see me struggle. That fire that I thought was lost is back and I can't do anything about it but hope to any God out there that nothing becomes of this. Just looking at how his body is so toned and how fit he looks; how his muscles make him look so, so y. God help me. He's making me go insane with this desire that I can't even describe yet.

 

I don't even realize that I'm staring at him until he clears his throat and looks away. I'm so ashamed of myself that I can't even say anything. I can only stutter.

 

"I, uh- I- what." I choke out and look away. My eyes only want to watch him- even my mind is starting to think that way. But I can't. I'm already acting so differently as it is. Everyone thinks something is wrong with me. I wouldn't be surprised is Shin Woo caught on to my horrible acting. Ha. I'm trying to act like myself. There really is something wrong with me. And it's all Shin Woo's fault.

 

My eyes find their way back to him and he's looking at me with that expression again. That unreadable face he puts on that gets under my skin every time. It seriously bothers me so much. I just want to know what the hell he's thinking.

 

"Well, we need to hurry up. They're waiting on us." He says quietly and turns around. Great. Now I can see his perfect back and take all day explaining how wonderful it is. When he starts pulling down his pants, I realize that if I don't look away, I'll be in deep . I manage to turn myself around and change my pants as quickly as I can. I almost trip when I try to step into them and I swear I hear a snicker coming from him. When I turn around to snap at him for laughing at me, all I can do is stare in awe- mouth closed, of course. I'm still trying to hide things. Believe it or not.

 

What he's wearing just adds fuel to the fire- literally- since he's in a tight, brown short-sleeve shirt; it just shows how toned and fit he is. His jeans are tight as well. They're purely white skinny jeans that show off his legs too well. His shoes are simple black flats. I guess no one cares about the shoes, since they won't be in the shot.

 

"Are you all right?" Shin Woo asks me, picking up his clothes and waiting for an answer.

 

"Mhm. Just fine." I keep my cool and my gaze on my clothes. My clothes are rather dark. I guess that color suits me well enough. My shirt is a black, v-necked, long sleeve shirt. There's a hole in the end of the sleeves for my thumbs. It has some sort of design on it but I can't really tell. My pants are a dark, navy blue pair of skinny jeans. They're kind of hard to move around in, but I'll deal with it. My shoes are...yellow? Why are they yellow? This has to be a mix up. I stare at them for a while and Shin Woo does the same.

 

"They must have gotten mixed up." He states the obvious once again.

 

I sigh. "I'll go get them switched."

 

Shin Woo nods and then leaves back to his room; his make up artist is probably waiting for him.

 

I walk back to my own room barefooted and hand her the shoes.

 

"These aren't even close to matching." I said in a bored tone.

 

"Oh geez. They must have gotten mixed up. Hold on." She sighs and quickly walks out of the room.

 

Not even two minutes later, she returns with Jeremy, who's wearing all bright colors. And my shoes. He laughs.

 

"Hyung, it looks like our shoes got mixed up." He takes his shoes and gives me mine, which are a dull black color. Surprise, surprise. Yellow suits him a lot better, though. Especially since his outfit includes and over-sized pale yellow shirt and light pink skinny jeans. He grins and runs out of the room, probably back to Go Mi Nam. Are they dating now?

 

I put on my own shoes and sit myself down into the chair. My make up artist is already grabbing things out of her bag. She applies eye-liner to brighten my eyes and make them look bigger. She puts foundation on me to lighten up my face. I never understood why they'd have to put make up on me. Aren't I perfect enough?

 

By the time she's done, I'm thinking about Shin Woo's body again. Great. Just to make things harder, right? Right. Too much idle time.

 

"Okay. All done. Now go meet your group." She hurries me out the door and starts putting things away. I walk down the hall and see Jeremy, Shin Woo and Go Mi Nam all sitting down on the sofa. I guess I was the last one to finish. President Ahn smiles at my arrival and hurries us all the the room where the pictures will be taken.

 

The equipment is already in order and waiting, so we won't have to wait anymore.

 

Jeremy's first. They all want him to smile and be as cheerful as possible. It's not difficult for him at all since he's looking at Go Mi Nam the whole time. I swear I heard the cameraman call him "bubbly". Not that word again. When Jeremy winks at her, the cameraman cheers and says that is the perfect portrait for him.

 

Go Mi Nam is second. She's still not completely used to being a star, so she doesn't know exactly what to do. She's gotten a lot better, though. Because of me. The cameraman settles for her looking timid and shy, again, since she keeps looking at Jeremy and blushing. I scoff and roll my eyes. Am I going to have to deal with this all the time now?

 

I'm third. I don't have a hard time with it. I just stare at the camera and lift my head. I know I'm y, and my ego is pretty large, so I'm definitely not camera shy. I put my hands on my hips and turn sideways, still looking at the camera. I don't even have to smile and I have the fangirls screaming. Too easy.

 

I accidentally look towards Shin Woo and see that he's smiling. I lose all my composure that I had and my eyes widen. I hear the cameraman question what just happened, but I can't make myself stop blushing. I feel ashamed of myself, until the man says that I now have a new approach of taking "adorable" pictures. So much for being y. Well, whatever sells, right?

 

Shin Woo is fourth. Him with his white skinny jeans and brown shirt that sticks to his skin... I can't help but be honest and say he's hot. He runs his hand through his hair and gazes at the camera. He's a pro at this, too. The cameraman take many pictures of him, and honestly, he looks ier than I did. When he looks down and parts his lips, when he runs his hand over his thigh and looks directly at the camera... I can't help but stare in awe. I can't believe this man is making me feel so...

 

What is this feeling even called?

 

When he makes eye contact with me, I noticeably flinch. But I can't help but gaze into his eyes. The rest of his pictures are taken with his gaze on me.