Part 2

Best Friends?

 

It has been months since Hyoyeon has been dating Eunhyuk. It had taken weeks for Hyoyeon to start accepting Eunhyuk into her life as the latter kept stunning her with romantic and small dates in which Hyoyeon was touched by it. Hence, Hyoyeon decided to give it Eunhyuk a chance.

It was one of those small dates where the couple would take a walk by the beach, just holding each other hands and listening to the waves hitting gently at the shore. Being calm and peaceful, it helped them to take a break from their busy schedule life, from the loud blasting music of different genres. It calmed their nerves and let their body relax, savoring each other's presence until a soft ringing tone broke the calmness.

"Sunny?"

Silence

"Sunny, are you still there? Sunny?"

Hanging up the phone, worried and concerned were visibly seen on the girl's face as she turned to her boyfriend and requested him to bring her home, which he complied instantly.

"Sunny!"

Hyoyeon ran frantically into the house; her blonde locks bouncing behind at the speed she was running.

"Sunny?"

Hyoyeon knocked on the bathroom door where sounds of somebody vomiting were heard. Hyoyeon pushed open the door cautiously only to find the brunette bent over the toilet bowl, her arms clutched tightly around her stomach. She also seemed to be breaking out in cold sweat as her face was pale and her lips were purple.

"Sunny? Are you alright?"

Sunny did not answer but instead she stood up and flush toilet with much difficulty. However, after squatting and bending over the toilet bowl for some time, Sunny felt a state of dizziness before stumbling. Seeing her friend being unstable, Hyoyeon quickly dashed forward, allowing the older girl to fall into her arms. Quickly, Hyoyeon the tap for the brunette to rinse before helping her towards her room.

Gently and slowly, Hyoyeon laid Sunny on the bed while staring at her with worried eyes. Ensuring Sunny was comfortable, Hyoyeon left to the kitchen for a glass of water.

"Hyoyeon?"

A sudden deep voice from behind shocked her. Hyoyeon turned around to find Eunhyuk staring at her, slightly worried and concerned.

"Oppa, I'm sorry. I forgot that you were here. I'm really sorry."

Hyoyeon apologized frantically, hitting her palm against her forehead for being forgetful. How could she forget the very man who brought her here?

"It doesn't matter. Is she okay?"

"Yeah. Probably ate something wrong. I'm really sorry oppa, I didn't mean to forget about you."

"I said it was okay right?"

Eunhyuk gave a rueful smile.

"I guess you going to stay here right?"

"Yeah. I can't leave if Sunny is sick. You should probably go back too, oppa. I promise I will make up to you."

"All right then. Promise me that you have rest. If there is anything wrong or you need me, just call me alright?"

Eunhyuk leant forward and gave Hyoyeon a kiss on her forehead before turning around. Hyoyeon stood by the window as she watched the car roaring off in the distance and waited till the sound of engine faded.

Heaving a sigh, she turned back to the kitchen and walked towards Sunny's room. Somehow, she felt disappointed with herself that she had forgotten Eunhyuk, but yet at the same time, relieved that he was gone.

By the time Hyoyeon was back in the room, Sunny was already sleeping peacefully with a smile on her lips.

Sitting down on the chair in front of Sunny's bed, she watched as the brunette slept peacefully with a smile on her lips. This made Hyoyeon unconsciously smile.

---

Eunhyuk tossed and turned in his bed, recalling the events that happened that afternoon. No doubt that he understood that Sunny was definitely sick and Hyoyeon was worried for her friend, but it had occurred to him that Hyoyeon seemed more anxious and concerned than a mere friend, best friend at this.

He recalled the day in which Hyoyeon finally agreed to go out with him. He recalled the sleepless nights he had after the date was set and the ecstatic feeling he had in him the following days to come. For all the dates they had went out, he had prepared them meticulously. It might be dinner at a nice restaurant, sometimes a grand one by the sea or sometimes a simple family restaurant with home cooked food. Till now, everything had been perfect, the mood, the atmosphere, the planning, everything was flawless and the girl was impressed. All except one.

Sunny. Eunhyuk mumbled as he recalled back their conversations during the date. Somehow or other, Sunny had always appeared in it, no matter which topic they talked about even about dance, the name had also managed to find its way through. He recalled the times in which his dates would go fine and smoothly, but just one call from the girl would send his girlfriend hurrying home. Of course he knew that Hyoyeon cared a lot about the girl but sometimes she frustrated him to no end, knowing that the girl was way more important than their dates were.

Sunny. He repeated the name once more. With that he came to a decision, a decision that would hurt him.

---

Ding Dong

Hyoyeon woke up grumpily, her neck and back aching from the uncomfortable position of sleeping on the chair. Checking on Sunny, she was glad that the doorbell had not woken her up.

Ding Dong

Shuffling lazily out of the room, Hyoyeon opened the door, surprise clearly written on her face when she saw who it was.

"Hi, morning."

"Oppa? Why are you here so early?"

Eunhyuk scratched the back of his neck sheepishly as he eyed the girl in front of him. She was wearing a simple sleeveless shirt and long pants. From her half-opened eyes and frequent yawns, he could tell that she had just woken up.

"How's Sunny?"

"Fine, I guess. She's still sleeping."

Hyoyeon smiled sleepily before opening the door wider for Eunhyuk to enter. Gesturing to the sofa, she asked him to take a seat as she made her way to the kitchen.

Settling a glass of water on the table, Hyoyeon proceeded to lay down on the sofa, curling herself up into a ball. Eunhyuk chuckled at the sight. That was one of the reasons he loved her, she never fails to show her true personality no matter who she was with. She was just this honest and carefree. In fact, too carefree, Eunhyuk thought bitterly.

"Hyoyeon, I've got something to tell you."

Upon hearing the seriousness in the voice, Hyoyeon sat up right, her ears and eyes were all trained on him.

"Let's break up."

The 3 words left Hyoyeon stunned and shocked. She tried to detect any playfulness in his voice and expression but she found none. That was when the words started sinking into her head.

"Why?"

Hyoyeon asked, her voice quivered and tears started to form around her eyes.

"Am I not good enough?"

Eunhyuk watched as tears started to roll down her cheeks and her eyes begged for explanation. Pulling her into his embrace, he tried to find a way of explaining himself without hurting the girl.

"No. It's not you. You are perfect. It's me. A company overseas asked me to go and help them choreograph a dance for a soon-to-be debut group."

"So you decided to leave me?"

Eunhyuk felt his heart shattered as he listened to her shaking voice. That instant, he hated himself for making her cry, for making her vulnerable. He had vowed to make the girl happy, but instead he brought her tears.

"I'm sorry Hyo."

Tightening her into a tight hug, Eunhyuk savored the last embrace he would have with her.

"Sorry, Hyo."

Placing a last lingering kiss on her forehead, he retracted from her embrace regretfully before walking out of the door. By the time he was out of the door, his tears rolled down freely.

---

Taking a few minutes to compose herself, Hyoyeon tried to stop her tears from flowing. She knew her housemate would be up soon and she did not want her to see her like this. Finally calming herself down, Hyoyeon splashed some water on her face, hoping to erase whatever telltale signs she had. At last pleased with how she looked, Hyoyeon went back into Sunny's bedroom to check on the girl.

"Sunny?"

Hyoyeon leant in closer to the older girl, checking to see if she was still asleep.

"Sunny?"

"Hmm..."

Sunny opened her eyes groggily, smiling lazily at the sight of Hyoyeon. However, her smile soon turned into a frown when she realized the younger girl's eyes were puffy.

"Were you crying?"

Hyoyeon shook her head; images of how Eunhyuk had broke up with her filled her mind.

"Hyo..."

Hyoyeon shook her head once more, not trusting her voice to be stable if she were to answer.

"You know you can tell me everything. Hyo..."

With the continuous prodding, Hyoyeon finally broke down crying. Though slightly surprised at the sudden action, Sunny quickly reacted and pulled her crying girl into her arms. Though she does not know the reason, her heart hurt from seeing her cry.

"We broke up."

After wetting the whole piece of cloth on Sunny's shoulder, Hyoyeon finally confessed in between tears. She could feel a new set of tears ready to gush out anytime.

"Hyo..."

"Its fine, Sunny. It really is."

However, Sunny knew better. Knowing that she should let the girl let her tears out, Sunny just sat there, her palms rubbing on Hyoyeon's back in attempt to comfort her. Perhaps it was better with knowing that the younger girl could let out all her fears, happiness and unhappiness to her. That was what best friends is all about, isn't it?

-TBC-


Have been super lazy to post, so was dragging on and on... Now that I re-read again, it seems like there's no storyline just a simple one-off situation...