Chapter 2: Hello! L.Joe!

Forever With You

 

“All first year students! Please gather around here!” there were tons of students gathered inside the university upon entering the gate; all with different colored skirts and neckties. As soon as she snapped out with her amazement to the gates she decided to go there and gather with the other students who had the same color of skirt.

 

“Han Sora ssi!” someone called her name after some moment.

She looked around and raised her hand. “I’m Han Sora!” she said and kept on looking around.

“Over here! To your right.” Then she saw someone wearing the same the boy’s uniform but with a blue colored necktie.

 

Sora went to him and gave him a smile. “Hello. My name is Han Sora, 16, and is…” “…a dual citizenship holder; can speak fluent English and Korean, and your parents are currently in the States. I can see that from your application form here.” The boy says as he scanned the papers that he had. Sora just stood there confused.

“So you’re a scholar. That’s rare! You can call me ChunJi.” ChunJi greeted her with a warm smile.

 

Sora chuckled as she got surprised as how he was rather nice.

“Please stay right here okay? I’ll just look for someone.” ChunJi said and went off yelling another name.

Sora just stood there looking at a lot of people. Students who have the same necktie color as ChunJi were also calling out different names. Maybe they were the ones who were tasked to look for the freshmen students.

 

Moments later ChunJi came back with another first year student. “So I guess I’ve got my two students.” ChunJi said, satisfied.

 

Sora looked at the other student and got got a bit dazed. He was tall, a little bit pale, had blonde hair, and was very, VERY HANDSOME.

“Han Sora ssi, this is Lee Joe ssi. Lee Joe ssi, this is Han Sora ssi. You’ll be partners for the first month of this school year.” ChunJi said. “Both of you are in the in the same section so I guess there’s no problem with that.” He added.

 

Lee Joe looked at Sora and had a fixed straight expression. Sora seemed to try not to make eye contact with him.

“ChunJi!!” someone called from afar. “Ah! Hey you guys. Stay here okay? A teacher is calling me. I’ll be back right away.” Chunji said and went off again.

 

The two didn’t talk to each other. Lee Joe walked closer to where she was though but both of them looked like they had something in their minds. He was standing in front of her, maybe two to three meters away.

 

“L.Joe…” Sora said. Lee Joe gave off a small grin.

“It’s been a while Sora. How did your summer go?” L.Joe said. Sora put on a very wide smile on her face.

“It’s been great!” then she walked towards him and punched his arm and let out a laugh or two.

 

On her second year of middle school she started to live in an apartment building. This was where she first met Lee Joe, but he likes being called L.Joe. Soon enough Sora discovers how L.Joe was in another class in the same middle school.

 

Their apartment rooms were just beside each other so they often saw each other. They eventually started to see each other on weekends and hung out more. In turn they became the best of friends, even though they would argue at times. They were together ever since then. L.Joe was 17 years old.

 

He is one of those people who were beside Sora during her middle school times. L.Joe goes out of town every summer and so Mary and he can’t seem to meet with each other. Sora and L.Joe would usually meet up a couple of days before or on the first day of classes.

 

“You look really good!” that partially undone blonde hair with the white long sleeved blouse. The khaki pants really showed how tall he was.

“You look cool, and handsome!! Like the bad boy look you sport.” She continued and then messed up his hair. “Ya. Don’t mess it up.” L.Joe said in monotone and fixed his hair back.

“It was already messed up in the first place. Your necktie isn’t even tied yet.” Sora said as he saw his green necktie hanging from his right shoulder.

 

 “Hm…yeah. I don’t know how to tie a necktie so.” L.Joe said. “Eh.” Sora said then went closer to him. She grabbed it and stretched it out. She got it around his collar and started to fix it.

 

There was a moment of silence.

“Sheesh…you don’t even know how to do such things.” Sora said as she sighed and continued to tie his necktie.

 

L.Joe just looked straight at her. “How long have we been friends?” L.Joe asked.

“Eh? Almost 4 years now.” Sora answered. “There, it’s done.” She said and looked up to him. He looked really cool and handsome. He locked his eyes with her and just said nothing.

People around started to notice them and give off that weird atmosphere.

 

Just when they were attracting more attention Sroa raised her left hand and gave him a smack to the head. L.Joe was thrown to the side.

“Ohh…the legendary left hand smack.” L.Joe groaned in pain. “What the heck was that for?” he added and rubbed his head.

“That was for not tying your necktie.” Sora said and did an evil laugh. L.Joe’s frown then turned into a small grin.

 

“I’m back!!” ChunJi came once more. The two of them just looked at him. He saw the two and addressed them as if nothing has happened. Even the big lump on L.Joe’s head seemed invisible to him.

 

“Okay, now that I’m back let me introduce myself once more. You can call me ChunJi. I’m 17 years old going on 18, a sophomore and I’m one of the representatives who will brief two freshmen, who happens to be you guys, about the school.” ChunJi said. He took another look at the two like he was thinking about something but soon disregarded it and focused on what he was supposed to do.

 

“Okay then. So let’s start with the campus tour.” ChunJi said and lead them to somewhere. There were tons of buildings and open spaces. Trees, benches, grass; it was like a freaking park. Not too far away they reached three three-story buildings. Each building was painted in a faint shade of different colors. One had light green, the other light blue, and the last one was painted golden brown. On the second floors bridges that connected the three buildings.

 

The three of them entered the building at the middle which was painted green. They went up to the second floor and not far from the stairs was an empty classroom.

“This is your room. As I’ve said both of you are in the same class, Class B.” ChunJi said as he opened the door and let the two in. The classroom looked normal enough although it had air conditioner and high end lockers.

 

“You can choose a seat now you know. Just write your name on the card inserted there on the table and put it back afterwards.” ChunJi said.

“Window!” Sora ran to the last row and chose the last seat. It was near the window.

“I’ll choose the seat before you then.” L.Joe said and chose the seat in front of her. Both of them did as ChunJi said and wrote on the cards.

 

“If you are done you may follow me for the rest of the campus tour.” ChunJi said. Both of them stood up and followed.

“The first day of classes in the high school department don’t really involve classes. Because of the big area the school has, the first day is usually occupied with selected students touring the first years and new students in other years. The other non-selected students are usually working on some things around their area.” ChunJi said as they walked in the hallways.

 

ChunJi was really someone easy to be with. Although he’s their senior, he looked really young and his warm smile made him more approachable. He really is a nice person.

 

“This building by the way is the Freshmen Building, or commonly known as the Forsh Bldg. This houses the first year high school students of the university. That building to the left of this building, the one painted with light blue is the Junior Building. This houses the second year high school students. And the one to the right would be the Senior Building which houses the third year high school students. All buildings have three floors; the first floor where the Principal’s and Administrator’s offices are located and some classrooms, the second being the floor with purely classrooms; and the third are also classrooms with two laboratories.” ChunJi explains as he points to us the buildings and its areas.

 

The two of them were listening attentively. “Now, just like the school buildings high school students are also distinguishable whether they are first year, second year, or third year. How? It’s in the uniform. For the girls you have the skirts. Green means you’re a freshman. Blue a junior and golden brown a senior. As for the boys it’s based on the necktie.” He adds.

 

“Now notice that I have a patch on my uniform while you don’t. This patch is also another tool to know whether a person is a frosh, junior, or senior depending on the design and letterings. You will get ours maybe two weeks after.” He finishes.

“Cool, this school is really…” Sora said. “…grouped.” L.Joe added.

 

“Now, if you please? Let’s continue on.” ChunJi said. They went to the building for clubs and other student organizations. It was the high school student’s center. The building was for the students and so they can practically do anything there, even lie on the ground, but of course they still have to comply with the university’s general regulations. There were more parks and other places where they can study in peace and hang out. There were even maybe, ten tree houses build just for the student’s convenience. It was amazing really.

 

L.Joe wasn’t too showy of how amazed he was seeing the rest of the high school side of the university. He has been in the university a couple of times when he was in middle school but the only building he got close to touring was the main administrator building in front of the main gate.

 

They were walking towards another building when ChunJi spoke. “I am very much aware about you Han Sora ssi and it’s my pleasure to meet you in person.” He said.

“Back in middle school you have been the talk of the town when I was in my third year after winning that national tournament. When I started my first year here there have been a lot of rumors going around about you coming to this school and it turns out that the rumors were true. We’re honored to have you here.” ChunJi added and gave her another smile. Sora got a tad bit flattered and just chuckled.

 

The got closer to this building and got inside. It was already lunch time. “This is the cafeteria. The food here is free although not buffet style. This is covered by the tuition fee.” ChunJi said went further into the building. They saw a big mess hall inside. There was a second floor but it only looked like a veranda. There were also seats outside the garden of the building.

 

“This school is really amazing…and a bit confusing.” Sora said. The cafeteria wasn’t that packed yet since it was a tad bit early, nevertheless it was still lunch time.

“Woah! Great food!” Sora said as she saw the food offered. “And everything is free!” Sora said and had hearts on her eyes. L.Joe just smirked and sighed who was a bit amused by what was happening.

 

“So then, you two just eat and then I’ll be going with you around 1:30 PM to continue the tour.” ChunJi said and then left them to enjoy their time there.

 

“Oh he looks so cute!!”

“So, his name is L.Joe?”

“He looks really handsome!!”

“Who is that girl with him?”

“Is that his girlfriend?”

“Which class is he in?” the people around them said as saw L.Joe and Sora lining up to get good.

 

L.Joe looked at the rest of the people behind them. He then got one arm around Sora and pushed her close to him.

“Ya, what are you doing? I’m choosing food here.” Sora said and continued to choose food and shook jim off. L.Joe just smirked and seemed to enjoy the attention instead of getting embarrassed.

 

The girls around started to squeal looking at his smirk but a bit uneasy with Sora being there. After choosing food they went to a blank table and sat there.

 

“There are a lot of students here.” Sora said as she looked around. L.Joe kept silent for a while. A couple of students then started to approach their table.

 

“Hello.” A couple of girls said. Both of them looked at the girls.

“Uhm…we’re second year high students. You are L.Joe ssi right?” one girl started. L.Joe looked at them.

“Uhm, well…we just wanted to ask on what your class is.” The other girl said. Suddenly, almost all the attention of the student body was directed to them.

 

There was a moment of silence with L.Joe just looking at them with a straight face. There was tension from the girls until L.Joe answered. “We’re from Class B.”

 

The two girls blushed with the way he answered.

“Who is she?” one of the girls blurted out.

“Oh. Sorry.” She said and covered .

 

“Her?” L.Joe said and looked at Sora who looked like she didn’t know what was going on and just continued to eat.

“She’s…” and just in the nick of time the announcer had to announce something from the broadcast room.

L.Joe took a secret sigh and looked at the two girls. He smiled and nodded at them as they decided to walk away.

 

“L.Joe ah, which club are you going to join?” Sora said as she continued to munch on her lunch.

“Club? How about you?” he replied and started to eat, himself.

“I’m thinking of joining the any club that’ll want me.” Sora answered and laughed. L.Joe looked at her with a straight face again.

“I’ll be joining whichever club you’ll be joining.” He replied. “L.Joe really. When we’re at home you nag, nag, nag, but when we’re in school or somewhere else you act all cool and that and you even harass people.” Sora said. L.Joe smiled and continued eating.

 

The rest of the day went as planned. They visited more buildings and at the end they were all gathered in their classroom with their homeroom teacher giving them a couple of introductions on the subjects and they had their get-to-know-each-other session. Everything ended around 5 PM.

 

“First day of classes and yet again you enchant these people. You sure are someone L.Joe.” Sora said as they were on their way to the gates.

“Meh. I don’t really care.” L.Joe answers in monotone.

 

The two of them went back to the apartment complex together and went to their respective rooms. The first day of classes went smooth for some reason. Will things still be like this in the future?