Fighting Never Helps

Fighting Never Helps

Ryeowook POV
 

"What? Hyung, how can you leave so soon?" Hyukjae hyung asked after Jungsu hyung told us he was leaving for his military service as soon as SPY promotions were over.

"I’ve already received my formal enlistment letter and I can’t put it off any longer. Besides the longer I wait, the harder it is to leave." Jungsu hyung was close to crying and I could tell that Hyukjae hyung and I wouldn’t be far behind if he did start. It’s taking all I have to not cry now. The other members were all looking down and unsure of what to say. Even Heechul who finished his service for the day was speechless.

"But hyung, what are we going to do when you leave?"

"Jongwoon will be acting leader and I’ve already taken care of setting everything up for him. And I’ll be going over everything with Jongwoon so I know he is ready."

"But it won’t be long before Jongwoon hyung will have to leave too."

"Youngwoon will be helping Jongwoon out, and once it’s time for Jongwoon to leave, Youngwoon will take over until I return." I watched as Hyukjae hyung began to cry and it was becoming even harder for me. Donghae hyung pulled him into a hug and was trying to wipe away his tears. I looked over at Kyuhyun sitting next to me and all he was doing was playing his PSP. I don’t even know if he was listening to the conversation, though he’s usually good at multitasking with his games. Jongwoon hyung was sitting on the other side of me, looking a little nervous about becoming the leader, even if it is temporary.

"But hyung…"

"That’s enough, we still have a little bit and two birthday’s to go through before I leave. So lighten up, do we have everything ready for Kibum’s birthday?" Jungsu wiped the tears threatening to fall from his eyes and did his best to change topics. I glanced over at Kyuhyun again, only to find him missing from his seat. I looked around the room to see where he went but he was gone.

"Hyung, where did Kyuhyun go?" I asked Jongwoon hyung next to me. He looked around the room and shrugged.

"I don’t know Wookie." How could he just leave like that? Did he decide that the serious stuff was over so he didn’t need to stick around for the birthday talk?

"Wookie!"

"Yes hyung?" I looked up and saw Jungsu hyung standing right in front of me, only then did I realize that everyone else was up and leaving the room.

"It’s time for bed. Are you okay? You were spacing out pretty bad there."

"I’m alright hyung. Do you know where Kyuhyun went?"

"I think he went to his room." His room? That’s weird, he usually stay’s in Jongwoon hyung’s and my room. I walked over to his and Sungmin’s room and entered without bothering to knock.

"Kyuhyun?"

"What hyung?"

"Why are you in here? You rarely ever sleep in here anymore."

"I just felt like sleeping in my own bed tonight. This is my room. I can sleep in it if I want. I don’t have to sleep in yours."

"I know, but it’s weird." Kyuhyun rolled over so he was facing away from me. I looked over at Sungmin and he just shrugged, not really knowing what was going on either. Jongwoon hyung was just sitting on his bed reading when I walked in. He gave me a questioning look when I didn’t have Kyuhyun with me and just lay down on my bed. Usually we push our beds together for the three of us to sleep together, but since Kyuhyun’s not here, there isn’t a need. "He’s sleeping in his own room tonight. I don’t know why." I answer before he even tries to ask.

"Oh well good night Wookie, we have early schedules tomorrow so don’t let Kyuhyun bother you."

"I know hyung. Night."

I was one of the first ones up in the morning as usual. I like to help make breakfast for everyone and it’s nice to have the quiet time before everyone else gets up. I got myself ready before waking some of the others. Jongwoon hyung was awake by the time I made it to our room and I left him to wake up Kyuhyun so I could start breakfast. All of a sudden I heard a door slam causing me to jump and almost drop my chopsticks. Sungmin hyung was the first to enter the kitchen, grabbing a cup of coffee I had already prepared.

"What happened?"

"I don’t know. Jongwoon hyung came in to wake us up and Kyuhyun got upset and started yelling at him. I don’t even know what about."

"Did they have a fight recently? Cause Kyuhyun didn’t stay in our room last night either."

"You’re around them more then me. But they seemed fine before our meeting last night."

"I really hope it’s nothing and Kyuhyun just being a little grouchy over a game or something like that." I really did. I don’t want the two of them fighting, but what could’ve happened? The room went silent after that until Jongwoon hyung walked in.

"Hyung, what happened with Kyuhyun?" Sungmin asked before I could.

"I have no idea. I went in to wake him up as usual but he started yelling at me saying that I don’t need to wake him up and that he’s not a kid. I didn’t think I was treating him as a kid."

"Did you have a fight yesterday?"

"No. I don’t think we did. I didn’t ignore him or push him off or anything yesterday either." Jongwoon hyung thought deeply, trying to figure out if there was any time he upset Kyuhyun.

"Hyung! Are you using my cup?" Kyuhyun shouts the moment he walks in. Jongwoon hyung glanced down at the cup in his hands to find that it was Kyuhyun’s favorite cup to use.

"Oh, sorry Kyu. I didn’t even realize I grabbed it. I’m just about done, I’ll wash it so you can use it."

"But you know that’s my cup. Why did you grab it in the first place?"

"I really didn’t notice, Kyuhyun. It was a complete accident." Kyuhyun scoffed and slammed down the cup, and stormed out of the kitchen. I was completely shocked and I don’t think any of the others knew what happened. Jungsu came down to our dorm and pushed us all to get ready for the photo shoot we were headed to this morning. We were all about to go down except Kyuhyun, who was still back in his room. Jongwoon told us to head on down first but I stayed behind.

"Kyuhyun! We need to go!"

"I know!" Kyuhyun shouts back. Since he joined Super Junior I have never heard him use that tone against Jongwoon hyung, and yet he has used it three times so far this morning. If this continues, I don’t know how we’ll make it through the day.

By the time we got home, if it wasn’t obvious to everyone that Kyuhyun was mad at Jongwoon hyung, I don’t know what to think anymore. Even Youngwoon hyung yelled at Kyuhyun today for how he was acting. No one likes to be yelled at by Youngwoon hyung but even that didn’t stop Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun’s fight with Jongwoon hyung has been going on for a few days now and tomorrow is Jongwoon hyung’s birthday, I don’t know what to do. I can’t even sleep because of it. I went to the upstairs dorm to see if anyone up there was awake, and also so I wouldn’t wake Jongwoon hyung up.

"You know this isn’t really fair." I heard Youngwoon hyung say from the kitchen. He’s still up, who is he talking to?

"It can’t be helped. At least there was some time." Jungsu hyung? Why are both of them up?

"But I don’t want you to leave. I was already gone for two years, and now you’re going to be gone for two years. I know it’s my fault in the first place but I really wish we had more time."

"I know. I do to, but there is nothing we can do about it. Just promise me you’ll be a good appa to the members and help Jongwoon out while he is acting leader."

"Don’t worry, I will. Ah Wookie, what are you doing up?" Youngwoon asked once he saw me looking in the kitchen.

"Sorry, I couldn’t sleep. I wasn’t eavesdropping on purpose."

"It’s alright Ryeowook, you can come in." I nodded and sat next to Jungsu hyung. Youngwoon hyung also grabbed a cup of tea that they had made.

"Thanks."

"So what’s wrong?"

"I’m worried about Jongwoon hyung and Kyuhyunie. They’ve been arguing so much lately."

"Oh, yeah, they’ve been pretty bad recently. Is it just Kyu, or are they equally fighting?"

"It’s mainly Kyuhyun. He just starts yelling at Jongwoon hyung for even the smallest things. Jongwoon hyung just kind of takes it. He tries to defend himself but he never yells at Kyuhyun. I don’t know what to do to help."

"Well if it continues through tomorrow then we’ll confront Kyuhyun. I don’t want to have to leave with them fighting still."

"Thanks hyung. We’re are planning on going out for Jongwoon hyung’s birthday so hopefully Kyuhyun will at least not argue with him on his birthday."

"Tell me if anything happens. Now you should head to bed it’s getting late and I think Youngwoon and I are headed to bed pretty quickly too."

"Yeah, thanks again hyung. Good night." Jungsu hyung gave me a hug and patted my head before sending me back downstairs. Talking with the hyungs and drinking the tea really helped me feel sleepy and I passed out the moment I fall onto my bed. Jongwoon hyung had to wake me up in the morning since I never set my alarm.

"Morning sleepyhead. Did you decide to not get up today?"

"Sorry hyung, I forgot to set my alarm. And sorry you had to wake me up on your birthday."

"It’s no problem Wookie. Sungmin decided to make breakfast this morning anyways, and it’s not like you’re hard to wake up. Could you get Kyuhyun up for me though. I don’t really feel like being yelled at first thing on my birthday." I gave Jongwoon hyung a nod and carefully made my way to Kyuhyun’s room. I didn’t really feel like being yelled at either, so I hope he’s not mad at me too. I opened the door slightly and poked my head into the room.

"Kyuhyun? It’s time to get up." When I got no reply I quietly made my way closer to his bed and shook him and immediately jumped back. "Kyuhyun, you need to wake up."

"Go away."

"No, you have to get up, the hyungs say so." I say quietly, even though I’m older, Kyuhyun is still pretty scary when mad.

"Ugh, fine." Kyuhyun sat up and just glared over at me. I squeaked a bit and ran out of the room to the kitchen.

"Is Kyuhyun up?" Sungmin hyung asked me as soon as I got there.

"Yeah, but he’s not happy about it."

"Well too bad for him, he can’t sleep all day. What time are you guys going out?"

"Uh whenever Jongwoon hyung wants to." I answered and looked over at Jongwoon hyung who just shrugged. Kyuhyun finally made it into the kitchen and Jongwoon hyung quickly glanced down at his cup to make sure it was the right one and not Kyuhyun’s again.

"Kyuhyun, when do you want to go out?"

"I don’t care." He mumbled as he grabbed a plate and walked back out of the kitchen.

"Lunchtime?" Jongwoon hyung asked me instead.

"Uh, sure, that’s fine with me."

"Kyuhyun! We’re leaving around lunchtime so make sure you’re ready by then." Hyung shouted out to Kyuhyun and got a ‘whatever’ in reply. I swear the morning couldn’t go any slower with the tension between Kyuhyun and Jongwoon hyung. Even though they hadn’t gotten into a fight yet, I was still tempted to tell Jongwoon hyung to leave Kyuhyun home. But even thought they’re fighting, I don’t think hyung would want that. "Wookie? You ready to go?"

"Ah yeah, sorry hyung." I didn’t even realize I was so lost in thought until Jongwoon hyung patted me on the back. Kyuhyun was waiting for us by the door looking rather unhappy. I had a bad feeling about our mini celebration for Jongwoon hyung. We chose a small café to go to for lunch but we ate in complete silence, no one sure of how to start a conversation with out it ending up in a fight.

"Kyuhyun?" Jongwoon hyung asked breaking the silence. He waited until Kyuhyun gave him a sign that he was listening before continuing. "Is there something wrong? You have been rather hyped up recently and look for a fight anytime someone talks to you."

"No, nothing’s wrong. I’m not looking for fights."

"Come with me." Jongwoon hyung sighed and grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm and pulled him outside. We were seated by the window, so I could watch them very easily from where I was sitting. Jongwoon hyung started yelling at Kyuhyun, probably letting his frustrations from the week out finally. I watched Kyuhyun’s face slowly fall and I swear he was about to cry when I got up an ran outside.

"Hey." I shouted at them, tired of all the fighting.

"I don’t want things to change." Kyuhyun answered quietly before I could say anything else.

"What?" We asked in unison.

"I said, I don’t want things to change. I don’t want Jungsu hyung to leave and I don’t want Jongwoon hyung to become the leader. And I especially don’t want Jongwoon hyung to leave in a year."

"So that means you fight with me every chance you get?"

"I didn’t know how to act, I was so upset that every little set me off. I really don’t know why." By this point, Kyuhyunie was starting to cry a little and I was almost crying myself. I wanted to give Kyuhyun a hug but Jongwoon hyung beat me to it.

"Next time say something, don’t yell at me every chance you have."

"What are we going to do when you become leader? You won’t have a lot of time."

"Jungsu hyung and Youngwoon always make it work. I won’t be too busy for you guys. Besides, I expect you guys to behave for me so I have a couple less members to worry about."

"But."

"But nothing Kyuhyun, nothing will change too much aside from my title. Youngwoonie is going to help me since he is appa. And for whatever reason you all seem to forget that I can beat him in a fight."

"You’re too weird to be remembered as being the strong one." I teased, knowing full well that Jongwoon hyung is stronger then Youngwoon hyung. Kyuhyun finally smiled a little, even though most of his face was covered by Jongwoon hyung’s shoulder, I could still see it.

"Feeling better now?" Jongwoon hyung asked Kyuhyun, who nodded in response. "Good. I still love you, you know that right?"

"Yeah." Jongwoon hyung placed a kiss on Kyuhyun’s head and rubbed his back a little.

"Good, now how about we go back in and get some food and really celebrate my birthday?" Kyuhyun and I both nodded and Kyuhyun grabbed Jongwoon hyungs hand as he led us back to our table to finish lunch. Finally it seems like everything is going back to normal, even though Jungsu hyung is leaving, we’ll be fine until he comes back. And at least these two won’t be fighting anymore. I laugh to myself a little as Kyuhyun tries to feed Jongwoon hyung some of his lunch.

"What?" They ask me after they notice my laughing.

"Oh, nothing, just happy you guys aren’t fighting anymore."

"Yeah me too." Jongwoon hyung says and kisses Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun rests his head on Jongwoon’s shoulder afterwards. I just smile to myself and send Jungsu hyung a quick text saying that everything is fine and everyone can relax and enjoy Jongwoon hyung’s birthday.


 

A/N: OKay this was originally suppose to be a KRY for my friend but we decided to make it mainly Kyusug instead. Luckily she read it and liked it, since it was for her. Missed my Jongwoon b-day dealine by a few hours...again. oh well. This is my frist time doing enything in full first person, so I hope it went over alright.
Comments make me happy^^♥ and less crazy sometimes.

^^♥