Sometimes It's Too Much To Take

Sometimes It's Too Much To Take

"So hyung, you then…" Kyuhyun was talking about his stupid game…again. Jongwoon was trying to watch a music program while Kyuhyun just went on about his game. Ever since Kyuhyun qualified for a Starcraft tournament, all he could do was talk about it. To say it was beginning to get on Jongwoon’s nerves was an understatement. But still Jongwoon at least semi paid attention to the younger so as not to hurt his feelings. "Hyung are you listening to me?"

"Yes Kyu, you were talking about the Zerg or something like that."

"Hyung! I was talking about that like five minutes ago. I was talking about the Protoss just now."

"Sorry Kyu, I guess I zoned out while trying to watch the show and listen to you."

"You’re really bad at multitasking hyung."

"No, I’m not."

"Yes you are. I’m surprised you can sing and dance at the same time." Jongwoon just glared as Kyuhyun got up and headed back towards his room to play his game some more. Jongwoon sighed in relief of not having to hear anymore about Kyuhyun's game for the night.

Just like every other morning, Jongwoon woke up to the sound of Kyuhyun’s alarm and went to wake the younger boy up. However, Kyuhyun was already awake and on his computer playing his game.

"Really Kyuhyun? First thing in the morning and you’re already playing?"

"Huh, it’s morning?" Kyuhyun asked when he finally looked up at Jongwoon. Jongwoon sighed and woke up Sungmin instead,

"Yes, Kyu, it’s morning. We have a photoshoot today too, and the Cordi noonas are not going to be happy with those dark circles under your eyes."

"It’s not like we don’t all have them, we don’t exactly get a lot of sleep."

"Yes but you just made yours worse. Now, off the game and go clean up, Ryeowook will have breakfast ready soon." Jongwoon pushed Kyuhyun out the door before he headed to the kitchen.

"Morning hyung." The other three greeted when he walked in.

"Morning." Jongwoon grabbed his usual cup of coffee and went to the upstairs dorm to talk about the schedule with Jungsu. Ryeowook had breakfast already by the time he made it back downstairs, Donghae following behind him. "Alright guys, Jungsu says we need to be in the vans in an hour to go to the photoshoot."

"Yes hyung."

"Kyuhyun that means no more Starcraft this morning."

"But hyung." Kyuhyun whined and tried to give Jongwoon his best pout to make the older change his mind.

"No Kyuhyun. We have had too many times recently where we have been late because you’ve been playing your game."

"But I have a tournament coming up. I have to be ready for it."

"Yes well you also need a break, you played it all night, now it’s time to focus on Super Junior activities." Kyuhyun just pouted as he finished his breakfast. As the other members got ready, Jongwoon check Kyuhyun’s bag for any video games that would distract him during the shoot. Once all the games were out Jongwoon passed the bag back to the still pouting magnae and pushed him towards the door. Even though Jongwoon had removed all of Kyuhyun’s, Kyuhyun spent the entire car ride talking about Starcraft again. Even in the dressing room Kyuhyun continued talking his game. Jongwoon didn’t understand any of it and he really didn’t care to.

"Alright guys group shot first." The PD announced once the Cordi noonas finished fixing the member’s hair and make-up. Jongwoon gave a silent sigh of relief for the interruption in Kyuhyun’s talk about his game. They had a short break after the group shots for the staff to set up for the individual and pair shots and to fix their make-up and hair again. The moment they walked off the set, Kyuhyun immediately began talking about his game again and Jongwoon sighed.

"What’s with the sigh hyung?" Kyuhyun asked, pausing his game talk.

"Could you just shut up for a little while?" Jongwoon asked obviously frustrated.

"Uh sure hyung. They’re calling us back for the next shots anyways." Kyuhyun slowly made his way back to the set for his shots. However, during the next break, Kyuhyun started up about his game again. Jongwoon’s annoyance was rather noticeable since all the other members were avoiding him as much as possible during the break. Everyone except Kyuhyun that was. Even the PD was starting to take notice of Jongwoon’s falling mood. By the end of the shot, Jongwoon couldn’t take anymore of it. If it was just the one day it would be okay, but Kyuhyun had been going on and on about his game for about a week now. The two were about to head downstairs to the vans where most of the members were waiting for them when Jongwoon finally snapped.

"Kyuhyun, do you even understand the meaning of shut up? I swear all you have talked about is that stupid game of yours and I’m tired of it. I don’t care about your game and I don’t want to hear about it all day for a week. I didn’t have interest in your game in the first place and now I have even less." Jongwoon immediately regretted yelling at the younger when he saw Kyuhyun about to cry and quickly hide his face and turn to walk away. "Hey Kyuhyun, wait. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you." Jongwoon moved to grab Kyuhyun’s arm but the younger just pushed him away. Unfortunately Jongwoon lost his balance when Kyuhyun pushed him and he fell backwards down the stairs. Kyuhyun finally snapped back to his senses when heard Jongwoon scream.

"Hyung!" Kyuhyun ran down to Jongwoon, who was just lying still at the base of the stairs. Kyuhyun immediately started panicking and looking around for someone else to help. "Jungsu hyung! Help!" He shouted hoping that the leader was close enough to hear him. Kyuhyun went back and forth between trying to wake Jongwoon up and scream for help. After a couple minutes Jungsu and a few of the other members came running over along with some of the staff.

"Kyuhyun what’s wrong? Oh my god Jongwoon." Jungsu ran up to Jongwoon and the hysterical Kyuhyun. "Someone call for an ambulance." He ordered to the others before focusing back on Kyuhyun. "Kyu, what happened."

"I don’t know. I just shoved him off when he grabbed my arm and then he was screaming and then lying here." Jungsu tried to calm the magnae down while they waited for the paramedics to arrive. A couple of the staff members took over watching over Jongwoon while Jungsu took over calming down the members. When the paramedics arrived Jungsu sent Kyuhyun with the other members to the hospital while he went with Jongwoon in the ambulance. In the hospital waiting room, Kyuhyun was pacing back and forth waiting for the doctors to tell them about Jongwoon’s condition. When the doctor emerged, he pulled Jungsu off to the side to give him Jongwoon’s status.

"How is he hyung?" Sungmin asked the moment Jungsu walked back to the group.

"He’ll be fine. He has a concussion and broken leg but other then that and a couple bruises, he’s fine. We can go see him in his room now. But we can only stay for a little bit. They don’t want us all crowding in the room." Everyone let out a sigh of relief when Jungsu said he’s all right and all made their way to Jongwoon’s room.

"He’s just sleeping hyung? When will he wake up?" Donghae asked.

"They said he’ll probably sleep for a few more hours because of the stress and lack of sleep due to our schedules. SO even though they would rather have him awake with his concussion, it’s nearly impossible to wake him up right now."

"What about his leg?"

"He broke it and will have a cast and crutches for a couple of months. Now I know you all want to stay but I think you should all get back to the dorms, we can’t crowd Jongwoon’s room and some of you have other schedules. Kyuhyun and I will stick around."

"But hyung!"

"No. My word is final. I’ll keep you all updated on his condition." The members all pouted and whined but headed out of the hospital to the vans. "Kyuhyun, I’ll be back after I make sure everyone gets home and I talk to the manager." Kyuhyun just sat silently next to Jongwoon’s bed and Jungsu just gave him a comforting pat on the back before following the rest of the members out. When he returned a half-hour later, Kyuhyun was still sitting exactly as he left him. "Kyuhyun? Have you moved at all?"

"Huh? Hyung." Kyuhyun was beginning to tear up again and Jungsu immediately grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. "I’m sorry hyung, it’s my fault."

"Kyuhyun, it’s not your fault. He lost his balance."

"Yes but I caused him to lose his balance. If I hadn’t made him mad then he wouldn’t have yelled at me and I wouldn’t have pushed him away. So it is my fault."

"No it’s not. And no one is going to blame you, not even Jongwoon. You said it yourself, you barely even know what happened. You can talk to him about it when he wakes up."

"When is that going to be?"

"Doctors said a couple of hours at least. Are you hungry?" Kyuhyun just shakes his head. "Well I’m going to go pick up something to eat and when Jongwoon wakes up, you guys can eat. Call me if he wakes up before I get back."

"Hyung, what about my schedules?"

"I talked to manager hyung and he cancelled our schedules. I’ll be back in a little bit." Kyuhyun nodded this time and watched as Jungsu left again. Kyuhyun moved back to Jongwoon and grabbed his hand.

"I’m sorry hyung." He mumbled over and over again until Jungsu came back.

" Kyuhyun, why don’t you just confess to him when he gets up?"

"What?"

"I know you like him. I think everyone knows you like him, I’m surprised he doesn’t but then again, he is rather dense."

"Hyung! Seriously?"

"Yeah, even if I didn’t already know, I would’ve been able to figure it out this week."

"Why?"

"Kyuhyun, I don’t think I’ve heard you say something to him this week that didn’t somehow involve your game. It’s not surprising that he got mad at you either. But you really love your game and you want him to know all about it and possibly like it too. You want the person you like to like the same thing or to at least understand it."

"Well yeah I do want him to like it so I can talk about it with him. Or he can watch me play and know what’s going on so I don’t feel like I’m leaving him out. But why didn’t he tell me earlier that I was annoying him?"

"He didn’t want to upset you. He never wants to upset you. I had this conversation with him a couple days ago. Well, not this exact conversation. More like the opposite half of this conversation."

"Hyung, I get it, sort of."

"Sorry Kyuhyun. I asked Jongwoon the other day why he didn’t tell you that your gaming talk annoyed him and he said he didn’t want to upset you. Though he’s always been over protective of you. Especially since our accident a few years ago and your roles were reversed."

"But maybe if he told me sooner I wouldn’t have let it go so far."

"Kyuhyun, we all know that was not going to happen."

"But maybe I could’ve tried and maybe stretch it out and it not happen somewhere where I was going to knock him down the stairs."

"You were not going to be able to control that. You are really just going to have to talk to him when he wakes up. Now, since he’s sleeping and you’re just going insane waiting for him. Get some sleep, I know you didn’t get sleep last night."

"I don’t want to sleep." Kyuhyun pouted as Jungsu moved him towards the couch.

"I don’t care, sleep." Jungsu grabbed an extra blanket and covered Kyuhyun before taking a seat in one of the empty chairs. He watched as Kyuhyun slowly fell asleep even though he kept grumbling about not want to sleep. It was about an hour later when Jongwoon moved around a bit and groaned. Jungsu immediately looked up from the magazine he grabbed from the lobby earlier, and moved to the chair next to Jongwoon’s bed. "Jongwoon."

"Hyung?"

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"My head is killing me." He grabbed his head and tried to sit up but Jungsu immediately pushed him back down.

"Don’t sit up. The doctor said you have a concussion so that would explain the killing pain. You also have a broken leg."

"Oh. Is Kyuhyun alright? Is he still upset?"

"He’s fine. I finally got him to sleep not that long ago." He motioned towards the sleeping magnae. "He’s still upset but because he’s blaming himself for your fall. We don’t know all the details of what happened."

"That’s good, he needed to sleep. But when we were getting ready to leave, he just wouldn’t shut up about his game and I finally had enough and yelled at him. I think I went a little too far. He looked so upset when I calmed down and I reached to grab his hand but he shoved me off and I lost my balance and ended up going down the steps. It’s not his fault. I shouldn’t have yelled at him like that."

"I know. I spent a while trying to convince him that no one was going to blame him. It didn’t work. But hey, I’m going to grab the doctor since you’re up, so they can check on your condition. The other members will kill me if I don’t give them an update on you soon."

"Okay. I think I would like to know too." Jungsu ran out to get the doctor who came back in to examine Jongwoon. Kyuhyun woke up in the middle of the examination and almost jumped off the couch towards Jongwoon but Jungsu stopped him.

"Hold on, let the doctor finish, then you can talk to him." Kyuhyun nodded and sat back down but was bouncing in his seat waiting for the doctor to finish. Once the doctor explained his reevaluation of Jongwoon, Jungsu sent a text to the other members and walked out to call Jongwoon’s family.

"You’re awake. Come here." Kyuhyun nervously got up and moved to the chair next to Jongwoon’s bed.

"Hi hyung."

"You alright?"

"Don’t worry about me, you’re the one in the hospital bed…that I put you in." He said, mumbling the last part.

"You didn’t put me in the hospital. It was an accident, that’s all."

"But hyung!"

"I’m not mad at you for the accident. I still don’t want to hear about your game but I’m not mad about the accident. Besides, we already finished the most recent album promotions so I don’t need to worry about not being able to dance with everyone. And you heard the doctor, I can be released in the morning, I just have to come back for a follow up appointment next week."

"But I pushed you and you’ll have to be on crutches."

"Well you want to know how you can make it up to me?"

"Yes."

"One, stop saying it’s your fault. Two, help me out while I’m on crutches. And three, don’t bring up your games for a little while."

"I’ll try my best." He said and nodded enthusiastically, wanting to do anything to make it up to the older.

"I take it you two are all good. Did you get it through his thick skull that it’s not his fault?" Jungsu asked the moment he walked back in the room.

"I have no idea, but I at least made sure he wouldn’t say it again. And I hope he quickly believes it too." Jongwoon reached over and ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair. "You guys can go home and get some sleep if you want. It’s getting late and I’ll be fine. I’ll probably just watch some TV and do my best to stay awake."

"I’m not leaving." Kyuhyun announced which caused the other two to laugh.

"I think you would have to literally kick Kyuhyun out of the hospital to get him to leave. And even then I don’t think he’ll stay away. I brought some food for you guys too, so I’ll stick around for a little while longer at least."

"Thanks hyung." Jongwoon took the food from the leader, glad he wasn’t going to have to eat the hospital food. Jungsu stayed for the rest of the evening but Kyuhyun refused to leave until Jongwoon was released in the morning. Kyuhyun stayed at Jongwoon’s side everyday and even worked to wake up to his alarm so Jongwoon wouldn’t have to walk over to his room. He had almost forgotten about his tournament until Hyukjae brought it up the morning before.

"I’ve barely played it in like a week and a half. I could get my but kicked out there tomorrow."

"So just play today and you’ll be good to go."

"But what about hyung?"

"Kyuhyun, it’s fine, I’m not going anywhere today and can get around the dorm just fine now."

"But I said I would help out." The others all just rolled their eyes at the magnae.

"Kyu, just play your game. I’ll be fine. If you’re so worried, just grab your laptop and sit with me in the living room and play."

"But won’t that break your third rule?" Jongwoon sighed and gave up, and just moved to the living room instead of continuing to fight with Kyuhyun. "I made him mad, didn’t I?" The others all just turned away, not wanting to get involved. Kyuhyun finally decided to just play his game in his room, hoping to not upset his hyung.

Kyuhyun was fidgeting for most of the day, worrying about the tournament. He had to arrive at the tournament hall two hours before the competition started for registration and preliminarily stuff. He was sitting nervously at his computer as the crowd cheered while the competitors were announced. When they announced Kyuhyun, there was a big cheer from the ELFs showed up to support him, but one voice stood out amongst all the others. He examined the crowd and found the one person cheering with a crutch. He smiled to himself and focused, as the game was about to start. The tournament had two rounds and Kyuhyun breezed past the first round with no problems and tried to find Jongwoon in the crowd again before he was ushered to the back room.

There was a fifteen-minute break in between rounds for the staff to prepare for the next round and also check for any illegal actions that the players might have performed to win the round or give them an advantage in the final round. When they reentered the arena the crowd went wild again, screaming for their favorite player. Kyuhyun could hear all the ELFs shouting his name, but he was searching the audience once again for Jongwoon. He could hear his voice above all the ELFs but couldn’t see him. Kyuhyun had no choice but to stop look as the announcer was ready to call the start of the final round. The remaining players we all just as skilled as Kyuhyun was and in the end Kyuhyun lost, taking second place to a guy a few years younger. Kyuhyun walked to the back room sulking as he gathered all of his stuff and heading out. He was surprised, however, to see Jongwoon waiting for him just outside of the back room.

"I can’t believe that you showed up to the tournament."

"Why not? Just cause I don’t like your game, or have any idea about what was going in it, doesn’t mean I’m not going to cheer you on. Whether I like it or not, doesn’t matter. You like it and I’m going to support that."

"I didn’t win though."

"So? You came in second. You started with sixteen players, which means you beat fourteen others."

"Yeah but second place doesn’t win anything or get any special recognition." Jongwoon just sighed at the pouting boy.

"Don’t make me hit you with my crutch. Kyuhyun, you are a member of Super Junior, you’ll get recognition whether you placed first or last. I mean come on, you saw how many ELFs were in the crowd. I know cause I saw you looking at them."

"I wasn’t really looking at them hyung."

"Really, cause that’s what it looked like to me."

"No, I was looking for you. I heard your voice and was trying to find you. I found you the first time but couldn’t find you again."

"Well I kept moving seats. Didn’t want to sit with only one group of ELFs as we all cheered you on." Kyuhyun faked another pout.

"So you moved to give all the fans an equal chance to sit with you instead of staying in one place so I could find you? I thought you were here to support me."

"Kyu, I can support you and give fanservice at the same time. Why do you need to find me anyways?" Kyuhyun was taken back at the sudden question and was fidgeting as he tried to find a logical explanation.

"Well you’re my hyung so I want you support most."

"So if it was like Jungsu hyung or Heechul hyung in the crowd, you would be looking for them just as much."

"No…I mean Yes…I mean," he sighed, "I like you hyung, so I want your approval and support more than anyone else’s. Yes that’s selfish but we all already know that I am."

"So you actually admitted it."

"What?" Jongwoon laughed at the expression Kyuhyun was making.

"Jungsu hyung is good at finding out secrets…sometimes, but he is horrible at keeping them. He told me a while ago that you liked me in a, how to put it, more intimate way I guess. I’m a little surprised that you were so nervous to tell me. I figured Jungsu hyung would’ve already told you so you would’ve known that the feelings are returned. Really, he didn’t tell you? Kyuhyun?…Kyunie?" Jongwoon started poking Kyuhyun’s cheek as the younger had zoned out half way through Jongwoon’s explanation. It wasn’t until Jongwoon moved to Kyuhyun’s philtrum and made the magnae jump that he snapped out of his daze.

"Did you just say that you like me too?"

"Yeah, didn’t you just hear me? I did say I was surprised that Jungsu hyung didn’t tell you."

"No, all he said was that you are overprotective of me and don’t like seeing me upset."

"And that meant nothing important? Seriously, I should hit you with my crutch until we can actually access your brain and maybe get things through to you."

"That would hurt though."

"Yeah, it would and I also have a small feeling that it wouldn’t work."

"Hey! You’ve been hanging around Heechul hyung too much, you’re starting to act like him a bit."

"No, I’ve been hanging around you too much. Heechul hyung might be a little evil too but you are the evil magnae."

"Yeah but I’m so many other things that it balances out." Kyuhyun gave Jongwoon a cheeky grin and Jongwoon just rolled his eyes and started hobbling away. "Hey! Don’t leave me." Kyuhyun said and chased after the older, even though it only took him a few steps to reach Jongwoon.

"What? I need a head start, these crutches slow me down."

"No, it’s cause of your height."

"Kyuhyun, I’m only two centimeters shorter then you. It’s not that much of a difference. And usually we walk in perfect strides with each other, so yeah it’s the crutches."

"Now wait, I’m confused on something." Kyuhyun asked once they got to the van.

"About what? Our height difference?"

"No, not that. Are we a couple now. Like are we officially Kyusung now?"

"Only if you want to be. Though I prefer Yekyu."

"The general name is Kyusung, the order of our names don’t matter."

"Anyways, do you want to be?"

"…Yes." Kyuhyun said a little nervously, even though he knew the older liked him as well.

"Okay, then we are. Though I do have one condition."

"What? What kind of condition can you have for us being in a relationship?" Kyuhyun began to panic unsure what the condition might be.

"Keep the fanservice with Siwon and Sungmin to a minimum. Too many people are you with them. We should find a way to get those two together. Sungmin can handle Siwon."

"Do they even like each other like that?"

"I don’t know, but it would help us all. I mean, come on, how many times has Siwon gotten between us, Kangteuk, Eunhae, or Hanchul. If Siwon and Sungmin got together then Siwon would just stick with Minnie."

"Well maybe, but we are assigned to prevent other couples from taking it too far, like we have to watch Eunhae. Well, you have to watch Eunhae, I just laugh when the fans get upset."

"Oh thanks."

"Hey, if we’re dating now, can I get a kiss?"

"Nope." Jongwoon crossed his arms and looked out the window away from Kyuhyun.

"What? Why?" Kyuhyun whined and started shaking Jongwoon.

"Because you were being a brat and don’t get a kiss out of punishment."

"But hyung. If you go by that, then I’ll never get a kiss." Kyuhyun gave the best puppy dog face he could and rested his chin on the older’s shoulder. Jongwoon tried to resist turning to face the younger, knowing what he would see already, but failed. The moment he turned his head towards Kyuhyun, their faces were just centimeters apart. Kyuhyun took this chance to lean in closer and connect their lips.

"Brat." Jongwoon mumbled into the kiss. Kyuhyun pulled away and couldn’t help but laugh.

"Yeah and you’re just going to have to deal with it. At least I’m your brat and no one else’s." Kyuhyun teased and stole another kiss before sitting back in his seat.

"That you are." Jongwoon said as he grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand and laced their fingers together for the remainder of the trip home.


 

A/N: Woo another Kyusung. I just really had the urge to write one before I could move on to some of the Hanchul I have waiting to be written. I asked for random prompts again and my sister can me three that I thought was one and also added a couple from a prompt generator so yeah I would say it's an interesting mix of prompts if you were to look at them. I'll tell you exactly what they were if you ask.
I think I've covered Kyuhyun and his gaming from almost every aspect except making Jongwoon a gamer too. (Maybe that'll happen in the future some time). I also decided to put a different style of confession in this one then my usual cheesy ones. (what can I say, I'm a cheesy romantic).
Took a little longer to write then I planned but that's okay. I hope you like it.
Please comment. I love comments. I freak until I have comments, cause I always wonder if I did well or not and comments help me know that. Point out something wrong or confusing, I don't care. Just say you like it if you want. (though appriciated, kind of boring comments, though I must admit to leaving a couple of them on other stories.)
Okay, enough of my ranting/random chatting.

I really do just copy even my author's notes over from lj. So people on LJ understand a little of this randomness more. Especially since I'm moving everything over backwards.
^^♥