Chapter Three

Work Hard, Play Hard

 

It was finally Saturday night, Myungsoo anxiously sat in a taxi on it's way to Sunggyu's home. He had invited his best friend, Lee Seongyeol, with him as moral support. For some reason he was feeling a little nervous. Seongyeol didn't know the real reason for his friends invitation as he sat next to the other. All he knew was that they would be going to a party. Myungsoo didn't show it but inside he was feeling uneasy. Why am I being this way? He thought as he stared out the window.

The ride didn't seem long. Myungsoo notice that Sunggyu lived in a new residential complex near their office. The houses in the neighborhood were fairly large, he wasn't sure if they should be considered mansions instead. The taxi finally stopped at their destination. It was clear that a party was going on based on all the cars parked on the street surrounding the house and the obvious muffled thumping of music coming from the house itself. Seongyeol and Myungsoo were both at awe looking at the house. They gave each other a quick look before heading to the front door. Myungsoo rang the door bell. Soon the door was opened, exposing the two guys to the full impact of the music playing inside.

“Ah, Myungsoo-shi you've finally arrive,” Sunggyu happily greeted, with a smile on his face and a drink in his hand.

Myungsoo nervously greeted his boss. He had never seen him this way. Sunggyu was wearing tight black pants, with a simple white v-neck top underneath a black blazer. It was so different from his suit and tie image at work. Myungsoo was brought out of daze when he felt his best friend elbow him on the ribs. Before he could introduce Seongyeol to his boss an unknown voice interrupted him.

“You're Myungsoo, right?” It was Nam Woohyun speaking, throwing an arm over Sunggyu's should while smiling brightly at the two men in the doorway.

“Yes, It's nice to meet you.” Myungsoo replied.

“Kim Myungsoo meet Nam Woohyun. He's a good friend of mine.” Sunggyu introduced the two.

“And who's this with you?” Woohyun interjected. “Friend or significant other?”

Myungsoo and Seongyeol exchange a surprise look at each other before letting out a laugh.

“No, we're just friends,” Seongyeol answered. “I'm Lee Seongyeol. It's nice to meet you both.”

Woohyun grab the two guys by the wrist, dragging them inside to the large living room. “The party's just getting started, lets get you two a drink.” With that Woohyun disappeared towards the back of the house, returning shortly after with drinks in hand.

“What is it?” Myungsoo asked.

Woohyun just smile his response, “Something good... You guys can walk around and check out the rest of the party. It's not just in the house, it also goes to the backyard... I'm going to say hi to some people. I'll find you guys again later.”

Myungsoo and Seongyeol were once again left behind, awing at what they saw. If they were impressed by the outside of the house, they were more impressed with what they saw inside. Even with the amount of people that were here, the house still looked big. The two friends walked around to the different areas that people were gathering. Myungsoo recognized several of his own team members as well as other co-workers from the other departments.

“Maybe, I need to work at Woollim too,” Seongyeol joked, still impressed with what he was seeing.

The two settled themselves in the kitchen near the food and drinks. They started having a conversation with two other guys that Myungsoo didn't recognized.

“Do you two work at Woollim too? I don't seem to recognized you.” Myungsoo stated.

“No, we're both photographer. I'm Dongwoo and this is Hoya. I've been friends with Sunggyu since high school so we've gotten a chance to work with your agency for different ad campaigns thru him.” The one man explained.

The group of four continued to talk and shared some laughs as they consumed more and more drinks. Myungsoo's bladder finally reached it's limits, as he quickly asked Dongwoo and Hoya for directions to the bathroom. The two man simply pointed upstairs.

Myungsoo quickly cut through the groups of people as he made his way to the stairwell. Along the way he tried to look around for his boss. He would spot Sunggyu every once in while walking around talking to different people, being a good host. But it had been sometime since he saw the older man. Maybe when I'm finish using the bathroom I can look for him again.

Myungsoo had to wait outside the bathroom since someone had already beaten him there. As he leaned on the wall, waiting for his turn, Myungsoo spotted Woohyun approaching him. Woohyun placed his palm on the wall by Myungsoo's head. He was leaning towards the younger man, cutting the space between them. Any nervousness Myungsoo had let go since being at the party had returned to him.

“After you used the bathroom, how about we find a quiet corner and get to know each other better,” Woohyun whispered into Myungsoo's ear.

Myungsoo didn't know how to answer. He wanted to respond but nothing was coming out of his mouth. The next thing he knew it, Sunggyu was coming out of the bathroom. He had a surprised looked on his face when he saw Myungsoo up against the wall and Woohyun practically on top of him. No words were exchanged but Myungsoo thought he saw a little bit of hurt in Sunggyu's eyes.

“Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom,” he explained sneaking around the two men in front of him and closing the bathroom door as he entered.

Myungsoo felt relieved to finally used the bathroom and to get away from that awkward situation with Woohyun. Woohyun may have been handsome but he just wasn't interested. He took his time in the bathroom, hoping that the other wouldn't be waiting for him outside in the hall. When he finally opened the door he felt at easy seeing that Woohyun was not there. Myungsoo walked back down to the party. He quickly spotted Sunggyu in the living room sitting on the the couch by himself. Myungsoo thought his boss looked so cute bobbing his head to the music while he was watching other people dancing. Myungsoo slowing walked towards the older man and took a seat next to him. Sunggyu didn't say anything. He watched as the younger took a seat beside him and they exchanged smiles.

“This is a really nice party,” Myungsoo finally said.

Sunggyu just nodded. He tried to take a drink from his glass but found it empty with only ice left.

Seeing this Myungsoo shot up from his seat, “I can get you another drink if you like.”

“That would be great.” Sunggyu said has he handed the younger man his empty glass.

Soon enough Myungsoo returned with the drinks. They continued to sit in silence while once again watching other people dance. Myungsoo quickly downed his drink, not being able to stand the awkwardness between him and his boss. Weather it was the alcohol or not, Myungsoo found some courage to finally asked his boss to dance.

“Sunggyu-shi let's dance,” he asked.

Sunggyu hesitantly shook his head.

Myungsoo got close to his boss' ear seductivly saying,“Please, Sunggyu-shi. I want to dance with you.”

Sunggyu didn't say anything but he let Myungsoo pull him on the dance floor. The two started dancing together. With each minute that pass the space between Myungsoo and Sunggyu became smaller. When Sunggyu would touch Myungsoo, it sent electricity through his body. Soon Sunggyu was behind the younger with his arms wrapped around Myungsoo's waist. Myungsoo responded by reaching around behind him to touch and run his hand up and down on Sunggyu's legs. They were dancing so close that Myungsoo could feel the bulge in his boss' pants. He didn't care. It felt good and exciting to be in Suggyu's arms. It was only when Myungsoo spotted his best friend leave with Woohyun that he came back to reality. He pulled out his phone as it was vibrating in his pocket. It was a text message from Seongyeol.

Woohyun-hyung is taking me home. Call me later.

Hyung? When did those two get close? Myungsoo was worried for his friend.

Sunggyu still had his arms around Myungsoo and was able to see the message. As if reading the younger man's thoughts, “Woohyun is a flirt but he's a good guy. You don't have to worry about your friend.” Sunggyu assured him.

They continued to dance some more before walking around through out the house talking to people again. Myungsoo stayed by Sunggyu side the rest of the night. As the night wore on, Myungsoo help Sunggyu slowly ushered all the party goers out of the house and sending them home. After everyone else went home the two sat on the living room couch eye the devastation in front of them. Sunggyu's house looked like the aftermath of a college fraternity party.

“Will you need help cleaning this up?” Myungsoo questioned.

“No, I already hired cleaner to come and take care of this,” Sunggyu stated as he looked at his watch. “It's 4 in the morning, maybe you should head on home too.”

“Umm... Yeah. I guess I should.” Myungsoo was disappointed that his night with Sunggyu was coming to an end. It couldn't last forever, could it?

The two quietly walked to the front door.

Sunggyu opened the door,“Thanks for helping me get all those people out.”

“Your welcome... I had fun tonight.” Myungsoo responded.

“Well... I'll see you in the office Monday, then.”

“Yeah” Myungsoo was unsure of what else to say. He walked out the door. He gave a quick look back to wave good bye, seeing Sunggyu waving back as he closed the door shut.

Sunggyu leaned on his door, exhausted. His house was quiet again. He had started walking up the stairs when all of a sudden he heard a knock at his front door. He went back to the door and was surprised to see Myungsoo standing in front of him again.

“Myungsoo-shi, what are you doing back?”

“I forgot something.”