Chapter One

Work Hard, Play Hard

 It has already been three months since Myungsoo started at Woollim Advertising. Three months of long hours and painstaking work. Three months of having Kim Sunggyu on everyone's back, telling them to work harder. Sunggyu was a perfectionist and was overly critical of everyone's work. No one ever seemed to mind. They all took Sunggyu criticism and made the appropriate changes. Myungsoo thought maybe because the rest of his co-workers all work with Sunggyu longer they've become used to it. How else could they stand being nagged by their director so much. There had been so many times Myungsoo wanted to say something back to Sunggyu but bite his tongue. Sunggyu may have been pushy and demanding but he got the job done and brought out the best out of his team. Sunggyu was the first in to the office and the last to leave. Myungsoo may not like his director's personality but he could respect his work ethics. Sometimes he even found himself starring at the director, admiring him from afar, like he was doing now. Aside from work there was just something about the director that Myungsoo couldn't ignore. Myungsoo snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Sunggyu calling for everyone to gather around at the center of their office.

Sunggyu stood in front of everyone. “It's been a hard quarter but it wasn't for nothing. Thanks to everyone's effort we are not only the top department in our agency, but we have also pushed our agency to number one among our competitors.”

Cheers and applause erupted from Sunggyu creative team. Even though he pushed everyone to their limits, Sunggyu would never forget to praise his team when they did things right.

When his team calmed down, Sunggyu continued, “As a reward for everyone's dedication, I will be throwing a celebration at my house next Saturday along with giving out our quarterly bonus for being the top department at Woollim.”

Louder cheers erupted again from the team. Everyone started talking to each other about what kind of party they could be expecting from their boss, almost forgetting that Sunggyu was still in front of them.

“Okay, okay the day's not done yet. Let's finish up strong before the weekend.” With that Sunggyu dismissed the team and walked backed to his office.

Everyone was excited about next weekend's party. From what Myungsoo could gather from his co-workers, Sunggyu threw some amazing parties. Everyone could celebrated openly without worrying about any repercussions from their boss. Apparently, Sunggyu was a believer of “What Happens in the Party, Stays in the Party.” As long as no one ran their mouth or have it affect their work, Sunggyu never cared too much about his team's behavior outside of the office. Myungsoo couldn't imagine a carefree Sunggyu. Curiosity was poking Myungsoo's thoughts as he wondered how Sunggyu would be at the party.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: It's a short and slow start. Hopefully, I'll pick up some momentum in the future and things will get better.