Friends?♥

Babysitting with Mr. Arrogant
ALICE'S POV
"Yoogeun-ah! Yoogeun-ah!! Over here! OVER HERE!!" Jonghyun kept on shouting as Yoogeun stared at both of us, while we had our backs pressed to the wall, waiting for him to make his choice.
 
Yup, this is the solution I was referring to.
Make Yoogeun Choose.
 
"Yah! Don't hold out your arms like that! That's cheating!" I shouted and forced his hands down.
 
"Hey! What are you doing?! Create your own strategy, lady!" He looked annoyed and looked at Yoogeun again, smiling sweetly.
"Yoogeun-ah! Yoogeun-ah! Over here! Come to the better-looking babysitter! Yes, yes. That's me, right?" He cooed.
 
I badly want to punch him again but the dried blood on his nose from my last attack looks disgusting enough already.
 
"Yoogeun-ah!" I called out to him sweetly, extending my arms as well.
"Come to noona~" I see Yoogeun walking towards me slowly, a happy smile brightening his adorable face.
 
"No, no, baby! You don't want to go to that pedonoona now, do you?" He tried to confuse Yoogeun.
I snarled at him. Pedo noona?
Another crack like that and he won't be able to see tomorrow anymore!
 
"Yoogeun-ah~" I cooed sweetly.
"Ooh. What's this? What's this?" I held up a baby book infront of me, trying to tempt him with it.
 
"What?" Jonghyun's head whipped around to face me as Yoogeun suddenly flew into my arms, excited.
 
I laughed loudly and looked at Dino, smirking.
"Well~ The decision has been made!" I fluttered my eyelashes at him and looked pointedly at the door.
"I'm sure you know the way out."
 
He looked defeated.
I smiled wider, this is definitely going in my tumblr as one of the happiest days in my life.
 
--
 
JONGHYUN'S POV
 
"Bye now." She waved at me, smiling sweetly.
Strangely though, I wasn't that much affected by the fact that DBSK'S Yunho's kid wanted the other babysitter.
 
She looks really pretty when she flutters her eyelashes like that...
I shook my head again.
 
What the hell?!
All this fluttering and smiling and frowning must be getting to me!
 
"Well? Aren't you going?" She crossed her arms as the kid continued to read that traitorous story book.
 
"No." I said stubbornly.
I need to see more of that smile ugly...face.
I shook my head again, furious with my weird thoughts.
 
She glared at me and I did the same.
 
I see her hands in her sides and I briefly wondered how soft they are, when she stopped me awhile ago from extending my arms to Yoogeun, her hands felt so velvety and nice...
I shook my head again, gritting my teeth.
 
What the heck is wrong with me today?!
 
Her glare shifted to a look of curiosity as she saw me shook my head.
 
Finally, I just backed down, tired with the whole thing.
Plus, my nose still hurts.
And I still want to be an idol.
 
Therefore, I will not give up this job! No way,Jose.
 
"Look," I said calmly, hoping she'll bite it.
"I really need the money, okay? So no, I won't go."
 
"I need the money too!" She protested.
"If it wasn't for you breaking that window--"
 
"Well, if you didn't jump--" I sighed heavily.
"Listen, I don't want to talk about this anymore. We'll both stay and look after the kid, okay? I'll be the one to talk to Mr. And Mrs. Jung about the misunderstanding and we'll just split the pay." I looked at her carefully.
"Deal?" I stuck out my hand.
 
She looked at me suspiciously so I held my hands up.
"No tricks, whatsoever. I'm clean, I promise."
 
She stared at me for a long while before giving in.
"Fine. You'd better stick to your word." She threatened.
 
"Of course, don't worry." I smiled slightly, happy that I get to stay continue my acts in completing my master plan.
"Did you eat already?" I asked offhandedly, when I saw the clock striking at 7pm.
 
"Do you actually care?" She asked incredously.
 
"Yeah." I shrugged.
 
She frowned again and I almost grinned. How cute.
"Can you please stop that?"
 
I looked at her innocently. "What?"
 
"I'm not used to what you're doing, so stop it!"
 
"What the heck are you talking about? What am I doing?"
 
"Being nice." She huffed and inched away.
 
I inched closer to her.
"Why not? Just for tonight. After this, we'll hate each other again." I lied.
 
"After tonight?"
 
"Yup. No strings attached."
 
"Okay." She brightened and I frowned.
How is it that it makes her happy at the prospect of us hating each other again?
 
Oh well. Who cares? It's not like I want to be friends with her or whatever.
Besides, a lot more girls look cute while frowning or huffing. Girls likes dubumints. Yup...
 
That's a fact.
 
Now, all I need to do is to convince myself.
 
--
 
ALICE'S POV
 
I looked at that weirdo brooding in the corner again.
Seriously? He's not even helping out that much with babysitting!
If he's not randomly dancing like a fool, or shaking his head furiously, or staring at me like some creepy maniac, he's being all broody and quiet.
 
I am so getting more of the pay. No way are we splitting it 50/50. More like 90/10.
 
I looked at Yoogeun who was still playing around with clay.
Then my gaze drifted over to the dino again, he was looking at me once more.
 
I tried to look away but that bloody nose of his is so distracting…and seeing as how it's kinda my fault why it's bloody and stuff in the first place...
I sighed.
 
I guess I have to do this, don't I?
 
I stood up abruptly, combing the top shelves, very sure that they have what I'm looking for.
And...yup! They definitely have it!
 
I walked over to Jonghyun and sat infront of him.
"Come here."
 
"Eh?" He looked confused.
 
I shook my head and pulled his face to me.
"What are you doing?" His eyes widened.
"Are you finally giving in? Ha. Knew it..." He mumbled and puckered his lips.
"Alright, fine. I'll lay one on you if that's what you want..."
 
"Do you want to have more blood spilling out of your body parts?!" I threatened and he shut up.
I quietly but quickly took the cottons and some alcohol.
"Hold still, okay?" I said and dabbed it on his philtrum.
 
"Ow."He grimaced when I hit his nose a little.
 
"Sorry." I winced. Did I really punched him that hard?
 
"For this or for punching me?" He asked, his eyes, I noticed, were almost smiling.
 
I looked down. "Both."
 
He smiled.
"You're forgiven."
 
I was about to come up with another retort but decided against it.
Only for tonight. Only for tonight. Only for tonight!
 
I was still absently dabbing his nose when I noticed the distance between us.
Hey, didn't I have this comfortable space in front of me before?
Did he just almost close the distance?! Did he?!
 
I looked at him, wanting to glare.
But now that he has no blood on his nose anymore and he looked like his normal self again, I could almost see how smooth his skin is, or how his eyes seemed innocent, like a puppy's, or his lips...
 
I swallowed, trying to put a halt to my thoughts.
 
"I think you're okay now." I said in a strangled voice and stopped dabbing.
 
He grabbed my hand immediately.
"No, wait. I think it still hurts here..." He guided my hand near his lips and I almost freaked out.
What the hell is he doing?! I never hit him there!
 
He stared in my eyes and inched closer.
"Right here, Alice." He said in a breathy voice as he continued to hold my limp hand near his mouth, his hands were rough and kind of big but it felt so nice against my soft, small ones.
 
"Right..." To my surprise, he landed a kiss on my hand.
"Here."He looked up at me and I felt breathless.
 
What is happening?!
 
"It really hurts, Alice. Aren't you going to nurse it?" He was almost hovering above me.
 
I hurriedly jammed the cotton in his face in my panic.
"Then you do it!" I stood up quickly and went over to Yoogeun.
 
"Hey!"He looked disappointed, slumping down to the floor again.
 
I need to get out of here, quick. It suddenly feels as though the room's so hot and not at all airconditioned.
Or is it just me?
 
But how will I get out?
 
Oh right! FOOD!
 
"Hey, Yoogeun! You want to eat now, baby?" I smiled at the kid, hoping to make the atmosphere lighter, I can see Jonghyun standing up to walk towards us.
I gulped.
"What about it, Yoogeun? Let's eat now, huh? You must be hungry, right?" I said brightly.
 
To my dismay though, he shook his head.
"I'm not hungry yet~" He said in his cute baby voice.
 
My smile froze on my face.
"What's that? You're very hungry? Oh, of course you are! Poor baby! Don't worry, I'll cook for you!" I quickly stood up when Jonghyun reached our side.
"I think I heard him say he wasn't hungry." He blinked.
"Are you hungry, Yoogeun-ah?" He smiled at the kid then at me.
 
I blushed again when my eyes landed on his lips.
 
"No. Not hungry~ I want to play!" Yoogeun said happily.
 
"See? Not hungry. We shouldn't force him if he doesn't want to eat--"
 
"Of couse, he's hungry! Can't you see it in his eyes? You don't speak baby language at all!" I said in a shrilly voice that sounded guilty, even to me.
 
"Baby language? He speaks Korean for goodness sakes!"
 
"You don't know anything!" I protested again in that weird voice and went out of the room, shaking.
 
I raced down to the kitchen, taking deep breaths when I finally reached the sink.
 
What was that?
 
That one back there a while ago?!
It's like Jonghyun was going to kiss me or something!
 
I tried to calm my heart which was beating like crazy.
This is impossible. He hates me and I despise him.
 
What is he trying to do anyway?!
 
I know he's a freaking playboy but I never thought that he'd use his moves on me!
Or that I'd even be affected by them.
 
"Stupid dino." I mumbled under my breath as I grabbed eggs and mixed them into a bowl.
I tried hard to concentrate on cooking and succeeded in doing so after a few moments.
 
What would Yoogeun like?
Scrambled eggs? Fried Chicken? Rice? Soup?
I made them all. Except for the fried chicken, I couldn't find any so I settled on this ready-to-cook boneless chicken food that they have in their fridge.
 
I hummed to myself, smiling, as I almost felt relaxed again while washing the pans.
This is nice. I can live with this.
 
Maybe I should just cook all night and Jonghyun can watch over Yoogeun.
 
Suddenly, I felt a hand snaking on my arms.
On both my arms, in fact.
 
"Wifey~" A sweet, melodious voice sang in my ear.
 
I almost dropped the pans.
"J-Jonghyun!" I turned around.
 
"Honey, I'm home!"He suddenly boomed, grinning at me.
 
"What areyou doing here?" The horrifying feeling was back.
 
"Yoogeun wanted to go down. He's bored with the toys."
 
"Oh."
 
"Mmm..." He sniffed delicately.
"Smells yummy!" He opened the pans.
"Did you cook one for me too, yobo?" He looked up at me, pouting.
 
I stiffened. Yobo?
 
He grinned sheepishly, immediately getting my confused look.
"Watch this." He snickered.
"Yoogeun~ Who's your daddy?"
 
Yoogeun pointed at him, smiling so adorably in his baby chair.
"Jonghyunnie appa~"
 
Jonghyun beamed.
"Keke. That's right! And who's your umma?"
 
Yoogeun suddenly got off his chair, going over to me.
"This thing!" He said proudly while pointing at me.
 
This thing?! How come he knows Jonghyun's name when it's harder to pronounce than my own name?!
 
"Baby, my name is Alice, okay? Alice--"
 
"Baby! Look at that! She didn't get mad when you called her your mommy! That must mean she's okay with it!" Jonghyun skipped to me happily.
"I'm the appa, you're the umma, and that's our baby!" He put an arm around me, smiling wickedly.
 
"Ready to play family?"
 
--
 
JONGHYUN'S POV
 
I almost laughed out loud when I saw her cheeks turning to a deep red color
Ha! So cute.
 
"F-family?"She said in that weird voice again.
 
"Yes!" I smiled at her and grabbed the food on the counter.
"Yoogeun-ah! Umma made this for you! Let's eat now, ne?"
 
Yoogeun nodded and I attempted to feed him, he shook his head, making a face.
"I want cookies and sandwich!" He protested adorably.
 
"Aigoo. So cute! Okay, you can have that!" I said easily.
 
"What?!"Alice suddenly snapped.
"He has to eat real food, Jonghyun. Plus, I went to all that trouble just to cook this for him!"
 
"Okay, okay." I patted her shoulder.
"I'll eat this for you, wifey. Alright?"
 
"Quit calling me that!" She hissed.
 
"Yobo!" I feigned looking hurt.
"Not infront of the baby!" I covered Yoogeun's ear.
"Do you want him to be part of a dysfunctional family?"
 
"You're crazy!" She groaned.
 
"Naega soomeul meomchool su oh crazy
Neomu yeppeo gyeondil su oh crazy~" I sang to her, grinning.
 
 
"I'll just make him a sandwich then." She said in that strangled voice again.
 
"Do you need help?"
 
"No!"She shouted and I winced.
Must she shout so much?
 
Yoogeun started to poke the chicken in his plate.
"Baby~ don't play with your food! Do you want soondae gook? I'll cook for you!" I winked at him.
Yoogeun just giggled. Aigoo. This kid makes me want to have a baby!
"Is that a yes?" I asked him, raising both my eyebrows.
 
He just beamed up at me.
Is that yes in baby language?
Hmmm...must ask Alice!
 
"Yobo!"I hollered and she jumped, dropping the bread on the floor.
"Aish!" I shook my head, going over to her.
"What a waste!" I picked it up and set it aside to be cleared later.
 
"It's your fault! You were shouting all of a sudden and--"
 
"I'll help you with the sandwich." I shrugged.
 
"No, I can do it." She turned her back to me, and started to make another sandwich.
But her hand was all shaky and stuff.
 
What's up with that?
 
I slipped my hands over hers.
"You make sandwiches like this~" I smirked, feeling her shaky hands against mine.
 
Suddenly, she turned around to face me, I smiled down at her, expecting her to give in but all she did was to...
 
Kick me.
Right where it hurts.
 
I doubled over, gasping in pain.
"You weirdo!" Alice looked down on me.
 
I didn't answer. It freaking hurts!
Then I felt a light force at my sides. I looked up to see Yoogeun kicking me too.
"Appa! Appa! Appa!" He giggled happily, kicking me all the while.
 
I groaned. Maybe I don't want a kid after all!
 
--
 
ALICE'S POV
 
That . Just what is he really thinking?! He's being so weird and touchy!
What's weirder is how my heart is jumping inside my chest.
 
This is really bad. Really,really bad.
 
Jonghyun was whimpering at my side while I played with Yoogeun.
It turns out he likes the chicken after all and not the sandwich.
 
I couldn't take all that whimpering though.
 
"Yah!Act like a man, huh?"
 
He frowned at me. "It really hurts!"
 
"I didn't kick you that hard!"
 
"Yes you did! You'll never understand my pain!"
Yoogeun suddenly went over and his face, even giving him a kiss on his cheeks.
 
I see Jonghyun softening at this. Aww, how sweet.
 
"Yoogeun-ah~ you really know how to make appa feel better, huh?" He smiled, pulling Yoogeun to him.
 
I watched them the whole night, as he took steps with him while he walked.
 
How he taught him to paint.
Well, he called me after a while, muttering.
"We can't fight the whole night. Truce, okay?"
 
I didn't directly look at him but I did nod. "Truce."
 
He grinned. "Good. Come on now, wifey! You need to teach him how to paint!" and so I did.
 
It was also cute how he loved taking selcas in Jjong's phone.
"You, you!" He pulled Jonghyun and made him sit near me, then proceeding to aim the camera at us.
Jonghyun smiled. "Oh, you want a picture of your appa and umma, huh?" He looked at me awkwardly.
 
"Let's do it for the baby." I mumbled, closing the gap.
 
"Are you sure?"
 
I nodded.
 
He grinned, immediately placing an arm around my shoulders. "Then...Say Kimchi!"
"Kimchiiii!"I smiled and Yoogeun laughed, snapping the picture.
 
When we looked at it though, it was all blurry.
"Aw. You're a professional, baby! This is so cute!" Jonghyun laughed, kissing Yoogeun on the cheeks.
"Ppopo~" He cooed at Yoogeun and he kissed him.
 
I found myself smiling at their cuteness and their skinship.
 
 
Jonghyun would make a good dad someday.
Believe it or not, he cleaned up after Yoogeun, he was the one who put away the toys, his patience seemed so long despite Yoogeun's naughtiness at times, he never got mad at all.
Plus, he's very caring...and very touchy.
And even though I punched him in the nose and kicked him down there, he constantly helped me, he kidded around with me and didn't try another y move again.
It felt like seeing another side of him, a side that I never thought exists.
 
Kim Jonghyun...can be kind after all.
 
--
 
There was also one time wherein he and Yoogeun were playing and all of a sudden, Yoogeun lifted Jonghyun's shirt up.
Right where I can see it.
 
And I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!
HE DOES HAVE ABS!!!
AND IT'S ALMOST A SIX PACK TOO!
OMGG.
 
"Yoogeun-ah!" He looked embarrassed as he fixed his shirt down again, much to my disappointment.
"Don't lift appa's shirt up." He tickled the kid, but Yoogeun only giggled and lifted Jonghyun's shirt again!
 
This time though, he even touched his abs, shouting: "Power Ranger! Power Ranger!" in a delighted voice.
Which made him look down at his own abs, amusedly.
"My abs make me look like a power ranger, really?" In my opinion, that dino even looked kinda proud.
 
I knew I was ogling at his pack so I don't know why I was even surprise when he suddenly asked me,
"Want to touch it?" with a smirky, smug voice.
 
"W-What?! No! What the hell are you talking about?! I wasn't even looking! I was just looking at a--"
 
"No need to be all defensive!" He laughed again, setting his shirt down.
 
"Hey, Yoogeun-ah, which power ranger do I look like?" He grinned.
 
Yoogeun smiled sweetly, "Pink! Pink Power Ranger!"
I laughed so hard at this.
"HAHAHA! YOU'RE A PINK POWER RANGER!! NOT EVEN YELLOW--YOU'RE A PINK!! HAHA! HOW MANLY!" I chortled, making him blush bright red.
 
"Yah, baby!" He pouted at Yoogeun.
"How can you say that? You probably mean RED power ranger, right? Because pink is near red and you're probably confused with the color system--"
 
"Aniyo!" Yoogeun shouted.
"Pink appa!" and to emphasized his point, he even pointed to my headband, which was pink.
 
I giggled, thoroughly enjoying this.
 
Jonghyun grunted.
"Alright, that's it young man, you need to go to sleep." Then he carried Yoogeun to his lap, attempting to make him close his eyes with some soothing songs.
 
Pfft. Pink Power Ranger. Haha.
 
But hey, Pink Power Ranger has always been my favorite.
 
Too bad she doesn't have abs.
 
--
 
"Hey look, Hello Baby is on." He mumbled and turned the volume up.
It was MBLAQ's season.
 
"Ooh! Hey! Hey! Don't change the channel!"
I grabbed a pillow on the couch excitedly.
"Joon is so dreamy~" I sighed happily.
 
"What?!"Jonghyun suddenly frowned.
 
"I said, he's--"
 
"Oh, look!" He gestured to Yoogeun who was nestled in his lap.
"Yoogeunnie is asleep. We should be quiet." He clicked off the TV.
 
"Hey!"I frowned at him.
"Why'd you turn it off?! I was watching!"
 
"And our son is sleeping!" He retorted, huffing.
I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, staring at the blank screen.
"Alice..."
 
"Hmpf." I looked the other way, huffing.
 
"What? Are you mad?" He looked at me, confused.
I didn't say anything.
"Why? Because I turned off the TV? Fine. Go watch then." He gave me the remote stiffly.
 
I looked at him, feeling guilty all of a sudden.
"I was kidding."
 
He looked at me for awhile.
 
"What?!" I asked, bothered with his stares.
 
"Can I ask you something?" He looked down at Yoogeun.
 
"What?" I asked warily.
 
"Why do you hate me?"
 
I actually felt silent from his question, not because of the way he said it so bluntly, but because his eyes looked hurt.
Why? Why would he be hurt? Aren't we enemies? And have always been?
 
"I..." I tried to think of the first time we ever fought.
What was strange though, was that I couldn't remember what it was.
"I..."
 
"Because I don't hate you, you know." He said softly, now looking up at the ceiling.
 
I was once again surprised.
"You don't?"
 
He shook his head.
"No. Not at all. Sometimes, you're annoying. But that's about it. I don't hate you at all."
 
This made me wonder about all the times that he was such a pain in the neck.
Sure, he annoyed me as hell almost every single day but truthfully, I don't really hate him so much too...
"Well...I just wanted to tell you that, I guess." He bit his lip.
 
I still didn't manage to utter a word.
 
"You know why I kept on teasing you and all?" He spoke up again when it became too quiet.
"It was because that's the only way I can react towards you. Whenever I see you frowning at me or shouting or whatever, I get confused and I end up getting mad too." He sighed.
"But it's not what I wanted to do. I tried every single chance I get to be nice to you, but you always get mad first that it became routinary for us."
He shook his head.
"Trust me, I regret it all at the end of the day."
 
I continued to stare, faintly aware of the part of me that wanted to run away from him and his words.
But a bigger part of me wanted to stay and hear all these things.
 
Am I going crazy?
 
"Plus..." He looked at me.
"That was the only time you actually speak to me. So I didn't mind it even if you scream at me all day, at least we get to talk, right?"
 
"W-What?" I was truly surprised with all these things he's saying.
Is he just kidding around or what?!
 
"And...I'm sorry." He mumbled.
Speechless once more, I just stared at him, not quite believing he had just uttered those words.
"I'm sorry. For whatever I did. If I hurt you or anything, all of it was unintentional, I swear." This time, he was looking at me directly.
 
"Jonghyun..." How awkward. I never though he felt this way at all.
 
"You probably think I'm not serious, right? But I am. You can even get all the pay tonight, if that's what you want. I don't really care anymore. I'll just come up with another way to get the money."
 
"No." I said firmly.
"We're splitting it. You actually did a lot tonight." I smiled.
 
He chuckled. "This kid." He gestured to Yoogeun.
"Our son is totally irresistible."
 
"He is." I agreed and we both laughed a little, thinking about the things that occurred tonight.
 
"Hey, Jonghyun?" I said, pulling my knees close to my chest.
 
"Hmm?"
 
"I'm sorry too. I don't hate you as well. I never really did. You were annoying as hell but not to the point where I would despise you."
 
He smiled, "Really?"
He placed Yoogeun down gently on the couch, planting a comforter around him.
 
"Yeah." Now that I have let it out in the open, I actually can't seem to pull back now.
"I actually really think you're funny...and that you're a great friend to Onew and the others. I often see your concern for them, especially to your dongsaengs."
I can see him, staring at me, fascination was in his eyes, but I ignored it, and continued to rant.
"And...tonight, I kind of saw that you have a caring side too. And that maybe, you're not all that cocky and stuff since you were the first one to say sorry to me--"
 
"So...if you don't hate me, then that must mean youlike me, right?" He smiled, still staring.
 
Although he wasn't staring at my eyes at all.
He was, in fact, staring at my lips.
 
I stopped short. "Like?" I blushed at this.
"Well...I guess, just as a person, you know. Not romantically or anything." I added hastily.
 
He inched closer, looking disappointed.
"Is that so? That's too bad then. Because I like you that way."
 
Now, I'm positive I'm bright red.
"W-What?"
 
He moved nearer towards me slowly, careful not to wake Yoogeun up.
"I like you, Alice. I like you,romantically." He repeated.
My mouth dropped open, inside I felt ready to faint, and I am a thousand percent certain he hears the acceleration of my heartbeats.
"I would have wanted to show it to you but you've been keeping me from doing it all night. Suddenly jamming a cotton in my face, kicking me, and using Yoogeun, but now...I won't let that happen."
 
"Let what happen?" I finally found my voice.
 
"This." He whispered, and soon, I felt his lips against mine.
I was motionless for about three seconds before I finally felt it in my senses that he had already one hand on my waist and I was encircling my arms around his neck, kissing him back.
 
When we both pulled away, he was breathing hard.
"Does that mean..." He bit his lip, trying to catch his breaths.
"We're friends now?"
 
I pulled him back to me, smiling softly.
"Oh no, Jonghyun. We're not friends at all."
 
"No?"
 
"No." I said, holding him close to me again.
"Because we're definitely more than that." Then we kissed again.

Fluff is just so lovelyyyy!