Moving

Life Of A Fashion Designer

I hated this.

     I hated how I was leaving my friends, I hated how I was leaving my family. Most of all I hated that I was leaving the only thing that ever mattered to me: My crush. I still hadn't confessed how I felt to him. Now it was too late. I started to see the USA from the air, the glittering lights of NYC. This gave me just a glimmer of hope, yet I knew that things would be harder than hard. I knew that it was over.

    The school that I was going to was even worse. There were only 2 other Koreans, and they weren't even fluent in the language. They were totally American, unlike me who knew only a few words. I knew it would be hard. I hated this. I began to sob silently as the plane landed. I was now an American. My dad had the papers filled out. I was a U.S. Citizen. Goodbye, Seoul. You will be missed. 

     I tried to bring as many things as I could from home, but the plane made me leave behind one of my bags. I was only allowed my Samsung Galaxy SIII and my Kipling backpack. I was alone, with most of my possessions on the other side of the world.

 

SUZY

   I wore a very cute outfit, wanting to impress. I was going to have to live here for the rest of my llife, now that dad's company went bankrupt. I thought they loved me, but I was the one they sent away. Why? Why me? 

  Absorbed in my own thoughts, I barely noticed the cute boy wandering around. A Korean like me, and he looked strangely familiar, like Key, the one who I loved back home but never confessed to. I had to tell him. 

    "Excuse me? Key?" I asked meekly, trying to hide my excitement.

    "Suzy? Is that you? I thought you were in Seoul?" He looked anxious.

   "Nope! I'm here now! Isn't that great?"

  "I guess so...Uhm, I have to bolt. Maybe see you around?" He practically bolted away. I wonder what got him that nervous?

 


   I had an eternal blush to my cheeks after I saw him, all the way in the USA. This was officially the highlight of this experience. I hired a cab to take me to my hotel. I managed a penthouse with what was supposed to be my college savings. All of my savings accounts ended up paying to send me away. As the Taxi Driver dropped me off, my jaw dropped.

 

Untitled #31

 

   Admittedly, I was astonished. I entered, and immediately after checkout ran to my room. I changed into my comfy pajamas, the TV, and snacked on some of the moon cakes I brought with me before falling deeply into sleep.